main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An alternative twist in ROTJ and reshaping the PT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Now, I like the PT a lot and I don't want to change it.

I just had a random idea, I never liked the whole Leia/Luke thing, it just seemed cheap and never really set right with me with all those sexual undertones in ANH and ESB. But I understand Lucas wanted to tie up some loose holes and give another ESB style family secret shocker, but what about this:

What if Obi-wan revealed that HE HIMSELF was Anakin's father? That he was really Luke's grandfather? Maybe they couldn't do this in a family film, but it would be interesting if say Obi-wan had a short love affair with some random lady that was killed by the Empire but not before bearing a child, that was Obi-wan's. Obi-wan, not wanting to get in trouble for violating the Jedi Code for his forbidden love, hid this from the counsel but always kept a force-ful eye on young Anakin.

Anakin grows up without his father and feels a longing. Perhaps Obi-wan keeps his lineage a secret from Anakin all along, or perhaps Obi-wan tells Anakin the truth when Anakin becomes all powerful and evil and pissed off, in an attempt to subdue and calm him down, but the lie and the lifetime without knowing a father and his own blindness to the truth piss him off more and they fight for real.

I mean, I really just don't like the whole Luke/Leia thing, and I think this could have been a neat little surprise, that Obi-wan is actually Luke's estranged grandfather.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Star Wars does Bold and the Beautiful, eh? I Like!

3. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    That's a cool idea but I think I like the OT the way it is.
    Obi-Wan ending up as Anakin father would just ruin the OT and the whole Star Wars saga for me.

4. Tolkien101

Tolkien101 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2003
  5. Parrothead

Parrothead Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    That would have made Obi-Wan like 14 when Anakin was conceived. I guess he has a think for older women.

6. Augury

Augury Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2003
    More like 16, but yes. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.