main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Alternative ....... ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by comet1440, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    I was wondering if vader could look into lukes mind in ROTJ and see what he was thinking about (leia ) then why couldnt he simply look into leia's mind and find out the where the base was ? they were both his offspring and force sensitive , so I would suppose that it would just as easy to look into leia's mind as it would luke's .

and on a side note how did vader know the rebels were on hoth when he saw a picure of the echo base shield generator ?

2. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Because of Luke.

"That is the system, and I'm sure Skywalker is with them."

Who knows, maybe if Luke had been off-planet for a Rogue Squadron mission or something, Vader would've dismissed Piett's find like Ozzel did.

3. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    I also always wondered why Vander couldn't just tap into Leia's mind. You could always say that Leia just wasn't force attunned at the time I suppose. Though with Luke in RotJ, maybe it was the fact that he was trying so hard to conceal his thoughts (just look at his face) that Vader picked up on his emotions and was able to read his mind.

As far as Vader and Hoth goes, To me, it seemed Vader had an idea of where Luke was, it was just on the tip of his tongue. As soon as Piett is discussing Hoth you see Vader turn and immediately come over to what has developed.

4. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    and we know that when tarkin was about to blow up allderran , leia was thinking about so that would have been the perfect time to tap her mind .

5. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I think he was sensing emotion, not reading his mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.