main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY An Announcement from your NE RSA

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    for whatever it matters, here is my opinion.

as a semi-active member on these boards since july, and having never been to a meeting, i dont understand why a name change was necessary. i dont really care, its just a name, but i liked it. i cant really comment on leadership as i have never been a witness to it. i guess all im trying to say is, have one club, named whatever, let active die-hard members do active die-hard member things such as fan films, fund raisers, organizing meetings, blah blah. let semi-active members do semi-active things like helping w/ fan films, going to meetings when they can, etc. and let casual members post on this board when they can, just do whatever they can when they are able to.
    i just hope that this change will be an improvement for all of the uproar its causing, unlike many things that get a facelift, but nothing changes at all.
    lets just enjoy star wars w/ fellow fans and not worry about bs, cause we all have to put up w/ enough of that as it is

"thats just my opinion, i could be wrong..."

2. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    ;) Jeff, the fanfilm planning and everything would be either before or after the regular meetings so you wouldn't have to stay for that part if you don't want to. ;) :D

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    darthbeer: thank you so much for stating your opinion in that way. I understand why you think as you to, and thanks for not judging. I've seen several people judging who have never been to a meeting.

Jeff, we don't hate you or anything like that if htis is what your thinking. Our change has nothing to do with you, more just to do with us not being satisfied with the way things were running. So please don't feel offended by the change. I'm glad that we might be able to finally stop discussing it now.

4. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Over the past week now, I have been restraining myself from posting in this thread as much as possible and hoping everyone would just get it all out of their system. Thankfully it has appeared to die down. The reason I am posting now is just to clarify a few things and hopefully we can all put this petty bickering behind us and move forward for the betterment of the club.

For those who are still being skeptical about this club and have not attended a meeting, please hold all your comments and criticism until you have attended one.

The council is in the process of drawing up a constitution by which the club will operate. This constitution will define such things as levels of active membership in the club. The different levels will correspond to the number of events/activities/meetings that the club member needs to participate in. At each level, there will be different perks. The more events/activities you attend, the more perks there will be. The reason for this is to show how much we appreciate our hard-working and dedicated members and to hopefully inspire more people to be active in the club.

Our meetings are social gatherings, but first and foremost, they are going to be about club business. Anything that pertains to club business will be discussed?. which includes fundraising. Like it or not, but fundraising is an essential part of every successful club. In addition, such topics as the fan film will be discussed, but not in great detail, at the meetings. Those willing to participate in the fan film will either meet before/after the club meeting or on a different day. The final portion of the meetings will be an open floor where members can talk about anything they want, whether it is Star Wars related or not.

We are also planning to do workshops every so often. These will include, but are not limited to: sword fighting, costume making, props construction, lightsaber construction, set design/construction, learning StarWars CCG/TCG and many others. The workshops will help you develop skills, build friendship and teamwork that you can you in everyday life.

Finally this club is supposed to be fun. It is about a group of people who are getting together that share a common interest. So please come to the meetings and events with a positive attitude, a willingness to have fun and your love of Star Wars.

May the Force Be With You!

--Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.