main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~An Apprentice No More~ Tahiri NJO (Drabble)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Any characters and other Star Wars related materials belong to George Lucas and not me . I'm just playing with his toys.

This is a Drabble I wrote for a fiction contest on another set of boards I belong to. A Drabble is an extremely short work of fiction with exactly one hundred words or less. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space. The theme of the challenge was freedom and change. I could use them as words in my fic or as the theme of the entire thing. This was my response.

~*~*~

Dear Diary,

At today?s Knighting Ceremony, I activated my lightsaber, casting a shadow on my past while lighting my future. Free from Apprenticeship and now a Jedi Knight, I look forward to fulfilling my destiny in the Galaxy. You?ve been the only constant in my life, the only thing that knows everything I?ve experienced; my accomplishments and failures, loves and losses. Today I stood proud achieving my highest goal since childhood. A child no more, I look to the future. Tomorrow brings my first mission assignment; one I?ll share with none other than Corran Horn!

Goodnight,

Tahiri Veila, ?JEDI KNIGHT!?

~*~*~

Let me know what you think!

~Goddess Jaina~

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I already commented on this on the DLC, but I'll say it again....

GREAT JOB!!

It definitely feels like a regular diary entry that most people would write about (you know...aside from the lightsaber part :p)

And I love how you have her first mission with Corran. I always thought Tahiri & Corran made a great team for the brief amount of time we saw them.

The description was written very well. I can almost visualize myself at the ceremony, watching Tahiri change before my eyes. :)

Again, great job

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, really liked that! Although it was short, you've captured her feelings perfectly! =D=
    My fav line was: You?ve been the only constant in my life, the only thing that knows everything I?ve experienced; my accomplishments and failures, loves and losses.

4. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    that was great!

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    great job goddess, that was so... well, normal, but in a really good way. it's something i could see a person writing in that situation.

also, great introspection in it as well. that's what a diary is for.

6. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm glad you liked it so much that you posted a reply on two different sites! [:D]

I agree that Tahiri and Corran make a great team! I loved Final Profecy! :D

It was really a challenge to come up with 100 words that made sense and yet showed her emotions and excitement. I'm glad you were able to feel her emotions :D

That is also my favorite line in it. I liked placing a vague reference to her love and loss. :)

Thank you for reading! I'm happy you enjoyed it! :D

I wanted it to come off like an average diary entry and not something too fake and fictional. I'm glad you read it and happy you enjoyed! :)

Thanks to everyone for reading! :)

~Goddess Jaina~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.