main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga An Awakening - AU action/drama - prologue completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-gone, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Okay...here goes my full story length SW fan fic. It's the first one I've ever seriously written, so please don't be too hard with your comments :D

Title: An Awakening

Main characters: Xon Sinis, Tarn Quel-Unis, Draiig Norsan

Timeframe: five years after Revenge of the Sith

Key words: Xon Sinis

Here goes...enjoy:

Xon Sinis gazed for the last time at the Sith library before him. He had received much knowledge from the holobooks contained there, and had discovered many things about the great mystery of the Force. He owed the library much. It held information about the history of the galaxy and the teachings of the Jedi that his Sith masters would not give him. His eyes had been opened to many new ideas in that room. One of them being that the dark side wasn?t the path to power. It was a path to suffering, as a Jedi proverb said, and it was a path that Xon didn?t wish to take ? a path that he wouldn?t take. The time had come to push away the lies of the Sith and embrace different teachings. But where would those teachings bring him? It was a question that had plagued his mind ever since he had made the decision to abandon the only way he knew. Would learning about the light side of the Force weaken him, or would it give him the power he desired so strongly. Would it hinder him, or would it not? It was a risk he was willing to take and it was a risk he hoped to bell well rewarded by.

He clipped his lightsaber onto his belt and turned out of the library. Before he departed, there was one thing essential to his success.

He walked briskly down the various halls and walkways that inhabited that academy until he reached a certain room. Making sure no one was watching, he went in. The whole place was pitch dark, and after walking a few steps into it a normal person would have been lost forever. But Xon was not a normal human. With the Force guiding him he could walk through the room as if in broad daylight without any hesitation. Yet, there was nothing to bump into or stumble over in here. There was only one pillar, about four feet high, in the center of the circular room. He walked up to it and as he stepped on a sensor pad, the pillar came to life. Blue letters floated up and down it, lighting up the room in a dream-like glow, the shadows of the letters moving up and down the floor, ceiling, and walls.

?Identification please,? a computer terminal requested.

?Xon Sinis,? the Sith spoke.

?Access accepted.?

The top of the pillar opened and a blue box like shape hovered out of it. The object was a Jedi holocron, and that was what Xon was taking with him.

Retrieving his prize, he quickly made his way to the only exit in the whole academy. There, as he had expected, were two Sith waiting for him, lightsabers drawn and at the ready position.

?Master Xarga will not permit you to leave, Xon,? one of them spoke, ?this was a foolish move indeed, on your part.?

?I know,? Xon admitted, ?It really is. But I have no other choice.?

?You may not leave. Turn back and we will not kill you.?

?Very well.?

With an aided Force leap, Xon cleared the distance between himself and his enemies, activating his saber in mid air and switching into his favorite form once he had touched the ground. The three red blades clashed in a magnificent display of hate and anger. As Xon was forced into a defensive position, he realized that they were much more skilled with their lightsabers than he was. No matter. He was stronger with the Force.

Catching one in a lightsaber lock, Xon kicked the other backwards, giving him the ability to fight one-on-one. He would only have the advantage for a few brief seconds, but that was all the time he needed. He lifted his opponent up into the air with the Force and plunged his blade through the Sith?s black heart. Tossing the fool away like a child tossing away an unwanted toy, he turned to the next enemy. His kick had paid off. The Sith had struck his head against the wall, leaving him unconscious. Xon smiled. It was t

2. Obi-gone

Dec 13, 2005
    Is it illegal to bump my topic? If so, I won't do so again.

If anyone has a comment, please post it! It means someone's reading this and that I can go on.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Interesting start here.

Whether you get replies or not, don't give up, just keep plugging away. The boards can be fast, but eventually fics do get found. :) Regarding upping fics, while often frowned upon as bad etiquette, and if done too often, considered spam, the occasional one is often largely ignored. :)

Keep writing, keep posting!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What Leona said! :p

A good start! I'll be looking forward to updates! :D

5. Obi-gone

Dec 13, 2005
    alright. Thanks for the tips and for the comments. Being new, I'm still trying to get the feel for things here. I'll have more on this story soon.

6. Obi-gone

Dec 13, 2005
    Okay, I know that this is kind of weak, but after this things get much better.

He walked calmly out of the academy and towards the docking bay. As he emerged into the bay, he paid the credit fee and boarded his Sith Starfighter, which was shaped much like the Jedi Starfighter of a few years back. It was pure black, and the cockpit was tinted, preventing others from looking in. It fitted Xon?s preference, balancing exceptional speed and moderate shielding, along with powerful blaster cannons. It also featured Sith Stealth technology that made it blind to radar.

The engines heated up, and the ship slowly rose from the ground, speeding out of the open roof. Once he cleared the atmosphere, Xon entered hyperspace. He was finally out of the Sith academy. He wanted to reach a planet that was barren and uninhabited by intelligent beings. There, he would study the Jedi holocron that he had stolen.

Stars faded to starlines and the Xon entered back into real space. Out of his dark viewport, he could see the perfectly white planet of Hoth. It was the perfect place for him to train and learn the secrets of the Jedi that the Sith were too weak to uncover. His radar brought up a number of selections of caves, the best place to keep from the cold and angry beasts that roamed the surface. Piloting the Starfighter, Xon landed next to one that he favored. The black cockpit opened, and he was immediately buffeted by the windy gusts. He climbed out of the ship and out onto the cold planet. Xon?s black robe swirled behind him due to the wind, and he pulled his hood tighter over his face to keep the snow from coming into his eyes. Reaching the cave, he immediately set to making a fire. Then, sat on the ground and took the holocron from his robes. The blue glow was diminished now and only gave off a little bit of light.

Holocrons could not be opened like a box or chest. They had to be ?activated.? Closing his eyes, Xon held the holocron above his head. Slowly, he removed his hands and held it up in the air through the Force. Immediately, he could see the blue through his eyelids, like looking up at a bright sun with eyes closed and still being able to see light. He released his grip on it and opened his eyes. Raising his head, he saw the holocron, still in the air and spinning quickly so fast that it looked like a blue sphere. Then, Xon heard voices. At first, they were just whispers, but then they grew louder and louder, until he had to put his hands over his ears in order to keep from going deaf.

?There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the Force.?

The Jedi code, he thought to himself. Suddenly, the holocron stopped spinning and the blue light erupted, forcing Xon to shield his eyes with his arm. He waited a few moments, and then looked back at the holocron. It was hovering in the air, standing completely still, and from out of the top emerged the face of a man. He had graying hair and cold blue eyes. The color of his face was white, and a scar curved down his right ear towards his jaw.

?Hello,? the man said, ?I am Master Quel-Unis. Who wishes to unlock the secrets in this holocron??

?Xon Sinis,? Xon replied. The Jedi paused a moment.

?I sense the dark side in you,? he said.

Xon smiled. He had heard of holocrons like this. They had the ability to measure one?s talents, remember who you were, and even sense emotions in you. Fear, anger, joy?the dark side.

?I am affiliated with the Sith,? he replied.

?I know. I have been watching you for these past few years.?

Xon frowned. ?What?? he asked bluntly.

?For the past few years, I have been observing how you use un-Sith like ways to accomplish a number of your goals. You are a Sith in name and title but not in spirit.?

?How do you know this?? Xon demanded.

?I will answer that after you understand how this holocron came to be. Four thousand years ago, I fought during the Mandalorian Wars. It was a terrible age; full of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.