main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp An ebay tale...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd let you know that there is a thief among us. Without naming names, a certain someone swiped an item from me on ebay. I was browsing ebay listings for stormtrooper armor yesterday, after having such a blast marching in the St Patty's day parade with the unmentionable felon and deciding that I wanted to buy/make my own suit. Being new to the trade, I emailed the perp via ebay messaging with a link to the suit with a message asking his opinion and stating that I was thinking of bidding on it, if for nothing else for the helmet. Said criminal informed me this morning that he purchased (stole) the suit for himself last night at the close of the auction, never contacting the original finder of the item to reply to my query. While the thief denies ever reading my message, he does admit to receiving the informative link to the item from me. Perhaps disciplinary action should be taken while at the 3/30 meeting. If nothing else, I hope the suit chaffs in all the right places....

2. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    well i know this person,who called me @2:00 and told me of anther good deal he got on a new stormtroper suite. this guy seams to always get these deals. now i know how. i dont like to take sides but something shuold be done. but its not fair untill he can post in his defence. but after seeing your post and hearing what this guy has told me.. ive come up with how this went down...............i can see it like this . i would say that steve has been having fun maybe to much fun dressing in the acused cosyume. and though its time to get his own. found good deal on ebay wanted to get this guys feedback onit....like we have done. only to see that indeed it was. and bid on it and won it. it hearts me because hes been wanteing all of us to join the 501 w/ him the dark side is hard to see ....and all u guys call me a pirate .

3. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    piracy! yes! That's exactly what it was!

4. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    In the words of Sylvester. "Thatsphs Disthpicable!"

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm... one word comes to mind...

TRIBUNAL!!

Perhaps at the 3/30 meeting three of us shall sit in judgment of the alleged crime and render a decision. Bring whatever evidence that you have. If we cannot come to a decision, you and the alleged perp will have to duel to the death in the pyramid ala Kirk and Spock! [face_hypnotized]

IMO however, the action that happened on Steve would seem to break some sort of unwritten eBay honor code... but that's just my 2 cents...

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok.... let's clear this up right now!! lol [face_laugh]

Knowing this so called PERP as well as I do... and knowing him as an OUTSTANDING family man and pillar of the community. I am APPALLED with the mud sling of his good name. :eek:

I have it on good authority that this was an easy miss understanding. With out going into EVER detail... The original message was just miss read is all. The "THEFT" in this story did receive said email... So let start there.... here the copy of said email and I quote....lol

An eBay member wants to show you this item

Hi,
    I saw this item on eBay and thought you might be interested. Actually, I though I was interested, if for nothing else but the helmet that I could convert to a Gree...

Steve

Stormtrooper armor
    Current price: $102.50
    End time: Mar-17-08 21:28:08 PDT
    Add to watch list | See similar items

Now ....this said PERP read this email after 12pm at night... reading this email REALLY fast. The "THEFT" only catch the first two opening lines. Actually only the Ebay item part. Which were...

1st. - AN EBAY MEMBER WANTS TO SHOW YOU THIS ITEM
    2nd. - I QUOTE " I saw this item on Ebay and thought YOU might be interested" un-quote.

Granted this so called "THEFT" did not read the full message as for it being late and just quickly glancing at it. He does admits this and has said he was sorry. But it was not all his fault. He could not have just called at that time even if he did read the whole thing. And the auction ended in under 25 min at that point.

He really just thought someone was passing on some info to him. That is all... no more ...no less.

He "the theft" did not even see the full message till this afternoon.

So you ALL can think as you wish. For I know this wonderful human being and know he would have done this on purpose.

LOSERS!!

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    So, it was intentional, exactly as your freudian slip states at the end of your message...and I quote, "So you ALL can think as you wish. For I know this wonderful human being and know he would have done this on purpose."

8. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Ebay has an honor code? Is that why people sell empty boxes of PS3's for $1500?

But seriously though, I'd rather this issue not come up in the meeting. I wanna have fun, not argue about Ebay bidding wars.

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    There was no bidding war -- that's the point. I did not bid because I was hoping to get an opinion from TK on the quality of the suit, only to find out the next day that it was purchased by the person who I had asked for help. I'm sure I'll be over it by the meeting....maybe. I'm aware of what really happened and that the timing of things were not convenient, but I'm still not happy about it. I'm sure John and Brandon will be able to keep things under control if a scrum breaks out at the meeting. Haha.

10. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If anyone cares...

Since everyone did last week. Me and Steve ... according to John have made up and kissed. [face_blush]

and if I say so myself.... Steve a pretty good kisser! :*

You liked it, you liked it! [face_love]

Later,
    TK

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    ugh. Please, I just ate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.