So NV An editorial reply to Star Wars "Jumping the shark" as heard on the force.net forcecast

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Dec 12, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    My commentary is quite lengthy and has been posted on my blog Here
  2. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    YAY!!! i like the blog. but this holiday special you speak of....what on Coruscant is that? :D
  3. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just put that in there to see if people were paying attention. There is no Holiday Special
  4. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh ok....I was just checking...I would hate for some sort of production with the name Star Wars to go unnoticed by myself.
  5. darth_of_nm Jedi Master

star 3
    Good God Axia. That blog of yours took me 30 minutes to read... Ohh and I agree 98% with you on it.

6. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im curious as to what the 2% was?
  7. darth_of_nm Jedi Master

star 3
    Jar Jar Binks.

Meesa lika him.

Mostly anyway.
  8. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have posted a reply to Acthar from another thread into this one. This thread is more appropriate for this discussion.

As I said in the other thread, I said nothing of the kind. The point I was trying to get across is that the Prequels where every bit as good as the originals and in most cases better. I don't believe I am watching through rose-tinted glasses I believe most Prequel haters to be overly-jaded Star Wars fans. (Im not saying that to be nasty, Im jaded on things myself.)
  9. Voidwraith Jedi Padawan

I have a theory that seems to come through true most of the time.

People don't know how to enjoy movies anymore. Instead the media hype behind things has caused people to form expectations of what they are about to watch.

So they go and see the movie, and no matter how crappy or good the movie is, if it doesn't meet their expectations, they think its garbage.

You can tell when someone has done this because:

1. They don't seem to have decent arguements for debating why they "didn't like it."

2. They don't normally "hate" the movie, instead its a passive aggressive "it just wasn't that good".

So instead of trying to bang my head against a wall, I always try to just get my friends to see movies to enjoy them again. I debate with them if I can before we see the movie in hopes of killing their expectations and giving them a clear mind.

Best method of this? Tell them "Moo". Its the ultimate word. It clears minds.

(example: you are walking through the office and you see some random coworker from another department who looks stressed about something on their minds. You walk by and say "Moo." and keep going. They stop thinking about what ever was stressing them out to think "did that person...just say moo?!?", but then they have to go back to their previous thought completely refreshed. Starting over, and possibly from a new point of view that is less serious.)
  10. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Or they simply think you are calling them fat :p
  11. Axia_Doneeta Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are any on you taking my advice and listening to the Forcecast yet?
  12. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    not yet, but i may in the near future. I have company in from out of town so that's taking up the majority of my time atm.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby