An idea for a group event

Discussion in 'Twin Cities, MN' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Apr 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    I just got an idea for a group event - actually I had the idea last year, but I never ran with it.

This last weekend I went with Salacious Crummy to play Jedi Knights CCG and got CRUUUUSHED!!! Note to self - never play loser Han again! :(

But anyhow, before I got royally whipped by Tarkin, I talked Salacious Crummy into trying Kahn's Mongolian Barbeque. When I said "Mongolian Barbeque", I think his response was something like "what the bell is that?!"

But anyhow, he ended up loving it, and suggested we have a social event there in the future.

Which leads me to the idea I had last year, but forgot about. How about an ethnic night every now and then? We can try an ethnic restaurant - something new or something a member recommends. I will give out SW prizes for anyone who can offer a fun fact about that country as well (just do a quick internet search on the country, something to generate conversation). Afterwards we can do a movie.

Anyone interested?

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Another mental note to self. Next time I play CCG with Crummy, wear a Wookie costume and try to look menancing!
  3. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ah yes... we discussed this trick or treating. A couple of my favorite places: Emily's Lebanese Deli, Chaing Mai Thai, Blue Nile (Ethiopian). Now I'm getting hungry.

I'm in, BTW.
  4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Emily's rocked (at least the food, not service)! I'd definitely like to go there again!
  5. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm there.

Don't remember the name of it, but that place with the belly dancing was good too.

And Mara, wookies don't scare me. Now if you dressed up as a Vong or something...
  6. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Jerusalem's.
    Speaking of...just got done doing a little show for Dengar. Can't get enought of this Persian techno from Napster.
  7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Mental note... next time I play CCG with Sal, dress up like a Vong and look menancing.

Maybe then I can control at least one freakin' planet!

Also, play Luke from now on! Han is a wussy boy!
  8. Salacious_Crummy Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know lisa. You might have to break your nose and get lots of tattoos to be a convincingly menacing vong. Somehow I don't think you'll do that. But feel free to prove me wrong. :D

And Han is not a loser. You just have to know what to do with him!
  9. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Never underestimate the power of makeup! :D
  10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Master

star 4
    Not much of a Han expert.

I'm playing Luke from now on - I know how to handle him!
  11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Practicing for a public performance, Femme? Or is it like that commercial where the lady dances with her cat? (One that makes me shake my head, thinking it's a sign of the Apocalypse.)

You can speak to BF regarding tattoos, Mara, although I wouldn't recommend you break your nose.

Phil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.