main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN An idea for a group event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Apr 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I just got an idea for a group event - actually I had the idea last year, but I never ran with it.

This last weekend I went with Salacious Crummy to play Jedi Knights CCG and got CRUUUUSHED!!! Note to self - never play loser Han again! :(

But anyhow, before I got royally whipped by Tarkin, I talked Salacious Crummy into trying Kahn's Mongolian Barbeque. When I said "Mongolian Barbeque", I think his response was something like "what the bell is that?!"

But anyhow, he ended up loving it, and suggested we have a social event there in the future.

Which leads me to the idea I had last year, but forgot about. How about an ethnic night every now and then? We can try an ethnic restaurant - something new or something a member recommends. I will give out SW prizes for anyone who can offer a fun fact about that country as well (just do a quick internet search on the country, something to generate conversation). Afterwards we can do a movie.

Anyone interested?

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Another mental note to self. Next time I play CCG with Crummy, wear a Wookie costume and try to look menancing!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Ah yes... we discussed this trick or treating. A couple of my favorite places: Emily's Lebanese Deli, Chaing Mai Thai, Blue Nile (Ethiopian). Now I'm getting hungry.

I'm in, BTW.

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Emily's rocked (at least the food, not service)! I'd definitely like to go there again!

5. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I'm there.

Don't remember the name of it, but that place with the belly dancing was good too.

And Mara, wookies don't scare me. Now if you dressed up as a Vong or something...

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Jerusalem's.
    Speaking of...just got done doing a little show for Dengar. Can't get enought of this Persian techno from Napster.

7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Mental note... next time I play CCG with Sal, dress up like a Vong and look menancing.

Maybe then I can control at least one freakin' planet!

Also, play Luke from now on! Han is a wussy boy!

8. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I don't know lisa. You might have to break your nose and get lots of tattoos to be a convincingly menacing vong. Somehow I don't think you'll do that. But feel free to prove me wrong. :D

And Han is not a loser. You just have to know what to do with him!

9. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Never underestimate the power of makeup! :D

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Not much of a Han expert.

I'm playing Luke from now on - I know how to handle him!

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Practicing for a public performance, Femme? Or is it like that commercial where the lady dances with her cat? (One that makes me shake my head, thinking it's a sign of the Apocalypse.)

You can speak to BF regarding tattoos, Mara, although I wouldn't recommend you break your nose.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.