main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA An idea for a meeting: Lets Do...Beach Blanket Geek-O!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I purposed this is a thread over in the SF boards..but considering what else is on the topic plate it went unnoticed. (that's topic plate..not taco plate)

Anyway...we could have a Day at the Beach (that's Beach not..nevermind)

the other Fanforce groups could join us. The Cliff House Beach in S.F is great, and not too hard to find...even for those of us who get lost.

We could bury the CR's in the sand. Look for shells. Poke dead things on the beach with a stick. eat some food, watch LDV act out his fav scenes from Beaches (dibs on Bette)...ya know stuff.

Any thoughts? concerns? Help with shaving?

2. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Sounds groovy to me. I was just calling Autumn to arrange our next day of fun in SF.

I must admit though. When I first saw the title, I thought you were suggesting Beach Blanket Babylon.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    How about I just re-enact the fight scene between John Wayne ("The Duke" for you younglings, including Dead) and Victor McLaglen in The Quite Man, where I beat the holy **** out of Dead? Now that would be entertaining, but short. ;)

Also, has anyone else not receieved their May issue of Start Wars Insider yet? I was walking through Bel Air yesterday and saw issue #76. I haven't received it yet DAMMIT!!! This is the fourth time I have had to call and complain about it!!! They need to excavate their cerebral hemispheres from their anuses and do their jobs!!!!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I was actually kinda scared to read this topic the way all our other threads have been going. Sure they start out innocent enough, but as soon as Dead and LDV jump in..well forget it.

Anyways, let me get back to you on this..say in another month or two. I'm up to my eyeballs in the last papers and finals for my classes. Force, let it end now!!! I just picked up my graduation stuff and looking at it I thought, "Holy crud, it's real...I'm graduating...4 years of college and I'm nearly done...I so totally rock!" :D

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I was thinking we should do this in June. early June if possible.

Wait... if LDV's my Daddy and he beats the snot outta me at the beach..can I call C.P.S?

I just thought since most of us wont be able to do the camping trip, and money is tight for most of us. a day at the beach would be a somewhat cheap day of fun.

Those of us with padawans (or in my case a Sith Apprentice)could take the kids out for a day at the beach. those without can watch as those who do go insane trying to keep them in check.

6. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    heh. June.

The coldest Foggiest, windiest time of year at the Beaches in SF.

PERFECT!

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    "The coldest Foggiest, windiest time of year at the Beaches in SF"

just the way I like it. when is it not that way in SF?

If I really wanted a warm beach outting I'd shoot for Santa Cruz area to my favorite cove. (use to go every summer) but I doubt Id get many takers for that...so cold and foggy beach is where it's at.

I'd say July but I thought many of us would might be heading off for vacation or what not. thought we might stand a better chance in June.

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    yeah, some of us are doing ComicCon right? We need to get on that, as a group as well.

April/May and September/October are almost pure sunshine in SF. Usually in the 70s.

9. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    YEESSSSSSSS!!! That'd be awesome!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.