main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An idea for a new competition: Would any of you lot be interested?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Talonias, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talonias

Talonias Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    I came up with the idea of having a "guess the track" sort of competetion. Here's how it would go. I would post a very small segment (as in 2-3 seconds) of a track from one of the star wars soundtracks. The first person to post the name of the track and the film its from wins! Although there isn't any kind of prize except the satisfaction of winning.

Rules:
    1) You may only post one guess. If you post more than one, i will only except your first guess.
    2) No clues or hints
    3) you will one week to post your reply
    4) All entries must be posted in the topic marked Competition: Guess the track.

Although i have not created such a topic yet because i want to see the responce to this first. Please note that in a few days, i'm going on holiday and so i might only have time to run one weeks competition. Sort of a pilot scheme to see how people like it.

After i come back i shall try my best to keep the competition going with a new sound bit every week.

There you have it, what do you think?
    Talonias

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    If you post files with low sound quality then the mods should be OK with this.
    It sounds like an interesting idea. If you are doing 2-3 second clips then these can be sneakily chosen during parts of tracks where particular cues segue to each other, and could end up being quite challenging.

It's worth a try anyway.

3. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    It could be fun. 2-3 seconds is a short amount of time. I think the Music Forum needs a trivia game like the CT Forum has and the winner for each round gets colors (for one week).

4. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Deserting halibut then? :p

5. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Well this shouldn't conflict with halibut's thread as this is only Star Wars and halibut's encompasses film music in general. But y'know, having not been on the boards for ages (I only came back near ROTS time) I never noticed halibut's thread 'til now so I would also like to give that a go.

6. Talonias

May 25, 2005
    Cool, i'll get to work on the first "bit".

here's a test. I want to know:
    How easy it is
    How long it took you to get the answer
    How many of you get it right

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=2972725

0.14mb, .wav
    I realise that the bit is not an ideal choice but it'll do for a test.
    C&C?
    Talonias

7. Talonias

May 25, 2005
    War-monger send me a PM with the correct answer. But i think that rather than you all sending me PM's, i'll set up a new topic. And i'll try to make it harder this time.

Talonias

8. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    What selection of CDs and unreleased music are you using?

9. Talonias

May 25, 2005
    All of them! A-ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! *evil laugh*[face_devil]

Except the phantom menace ultimate edition, i tried getting it but couldn't.

oh well, i've still got a hell of lot of music to choose from

Talonias

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.