main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An idea for a new Novel....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StartCenterEnd, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I thought of something. A new story I think may turn out to be really cool and entertaining but I need some input and help for I am new to writing. I was doing my schoolwork and like always pondering about SW and then started to make up my own story in my head that could kind tie alot of things together in a epic and dramatic SW feeling esque way with familiar characters in a much loved era and with a few new surprises and exotic new locals with brand new interesting characters thrown in. Here is the idea:

Back in the great hyperspace wars era, when the dark jedi dissendets were outcasted and ran away and eventually settled on Korriban and took over the Sith species, remember this?

Well...what happens if this group of Sith had a disgreement between EACH OTHER and broke off, into two. Two different groups who spilt up and went their own way. One found Korriban..one found another planet in the unknown regions that is still not found.

These dark Jedi took over the system and its numeroues planets (much like the Sith did) but they have their own name, style and culture which grew, propsered and evoulved, generation after generation into the Empire era. Interbreeing perhaps with the exotic species of this system.

These Dark Jedi were never found by the outside galaxy and never bothered to return and thus the two never reunited like the ones on Korriban did and continued into the Empire era, inbetween ROTS and ANH (not sure when exactly there). They eventurally created a nexus in the force, a powerful nexu there in the force and when Palpatine formed his Empire, imperial agents come across this race.....

Ofcourse this would be a threat to Palpatine's fairly new Empire and breaks the rule of two, yet on the other hand, maybe he can use them or find a better apprentice than walking iron lung Vader.

So Palpatine sends Mara Jade on a mission there but Darth Vader betraying his master goes off there on his own. Which eventually leads to something greater for these dark Jedi of the distanst past have different dueling styles and a more expansive command of the force and are able to capture Darth Vader.

Now Darth Sidious must make a dire decision.Venture into a dangerous nest of Dark Jedi of the ancient past to save his apprentice or abanden him to his foolish fate...As the past and the future collide and a planetary war erupts between Sith for the first time in eons...stalked all the while by the infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett....

How about it? :D

Who do you think would write something like this best? Do you think this has that fun 77 SW adventure/excitment feel better than the other books in the EU?

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

If we agree consensually on a Dark Nights title, there need not be dissent. You get the dual meaning of time of dark nights about dark knights. [face_idea]

3. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Nah...I'd rather it be:

The 'lost Sith' or 'The Other Sith'

4. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I have conversancy in the publishing sector. You don't understand the worm bait Dark or Jedi can have in titles. When the Selkath come slurpspeaking, you have a bounty. Besides, "Lost" Sith implies a Katarning load of episodal flashbacks. We've seen this to be true.

5. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Hmmmm....well if I wrote the novel it'd be a cross of Matthew Stover's style with Timmothy Zhan. But mostly Zahn.

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Sigh . . . Might as well say it before Tam does: will anyone have a humour-free smile during the course of the book? [face_thinking]

7. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Well its very dark. So perhaps alot of smiling by Sidious as people are killed.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Who's side are we supporsed to be on again?

-Vivec out.

9. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    Well I'd say it'd be kind of like a Shadow Hunter type book. Very dark and morbid but pretty epic and fun. We'd be rooting for the Empire I guess.

Just imagine Vader, Sidious and Mara Jade fighting off Ancient Sith Lords of a lost world together...That'd be like the dark, flipped, twisted and evil version of Han, Luke and Leia in a small way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.