main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An idea I got upon reading Invincible.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir3, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronNoir3

BaronNoir3 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    A move that would be probably even dumber than the new chief of state, but all least this one would have SOME sense.

So, we have a Skywalker guy in 130. And Ben Skywalker in 40 (note : in real life, Luke Skywalker, even close to sixty, could find a wife quite easily, but it's improbable in the EU...)

Obviously, this means that the only Skywalker kid-Ben-had his own kids. The only woman he ever had any kind of inclination with was...

Yes, you see my abominable idea. Tahiri Veilah.

2. BaronNoir3

May 30, 2004
    After all, Ben met the (potential) mother of his kids in a prison cell. An almost romantic meeting compared to being about to be thrown out in a Rancor Pit in a Hutt Palace.

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    You aren't the only one with that horrible idea [face_plain]

4. BaronNoir3

May 30, 2004
    That would be a wonderful new to bring to Luke !

Altough, to be fair, Tahiri did kill a lot less people than Mara Jade.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    She's almost 16 years older than him, and he's still 14. And she's obsessed with his cousin.

Why do people want to pair Ben up so soon?

(I'm still holding for Jag/Tahiri, personally, though that probably won't ever happen.)

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Maybe if they hook up when their ages are more like 32/48. A sixteen-year difference isn't that big a deal at that point.

7. BaronNoir3

May 30, 2004
    Not to mention that the grand father of Ben had a kick for eighteen woman when he was ten.

8. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Padme was 14 in TPM.

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    How old can women give birth in the GFFA? :p

10. StarNeptune

StarNeptune Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    Go ask Tendra Calrissian :p

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  12. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Bad things happen to Tahiri when she gets involved with Skywalker-Solo men. Let the poor girl alone I say. She's been through enough.

13. CoppiceThorne

CoppiceThorne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2008
    Jag/Tahiri -- I've never thought of that before *giggles*. "Strange that I have not."

Pairing an unattached character up with all sorts of variables ("However unlikely") is unfortunately something we can't help doing. I think humans are just inbuilt with it. :p

16 years older? That wouldn't have deterred me. Some find older people attractive, like twenty years difference. Things like a swathe of grey hair working wonders. Crow's feet. ;) [face_laugh]

Strangely, or not so strangely I think the Ben and Tahiri thing kind of works. Can't explain why. But relationships are like that. Often inexplicable. You sometimes wonder what people see in each other. But they seem to know.

14. BaronNoir3

May 30, 2004
    Nice holovids headlines :

SON OF LUKE SKYWALKER SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY A DARK LADY OF THE SITH !

LUKE SKYWALKER SUE THE CORRECTION OFFICERS FOR GROSS INCOMPETENCY

TENSION IN THE SKYWALKER FAMILY AS TAHIRI AND BEN DISCUSS NAMES...

15. BaronNoir3

May 30, 2004
    No, seriously, Ben have an a REAL interest into Tahiri.

16. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Well, it's not just that she's 16 years older. She's also 16 years more damaged. I don't see Tahiri scoping out guys for the next while. They're going to give Ben a small variety girlfriends in later novels. What they did with Luke they'll do with Ben to a certain extent. How twisted and boring is Tahiri/Ben?[face_worried]

17. CoppiceThorne

Jun 6, 2008
    Yeah, I guess nothing is set in stone yet. Anything could happen. Some new lady could come out of the woodwork. I can't say I'm that perturbed whatever happens. I guess Invincible has sown the seeds for something with Tahiri. Maybe it's a blind alley. Or maybe there's Seha Dorvald! [face_hypnotized]

[Edit: I thought him and Taryn would be good -- though I guess that's unlikely]

18. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh, come on. I realize I'm old and stuff, but surely some of you have experienced puberty?

Ben is 14. Jedi or not, linoleum is enough to make him think about sex.

19. CadderlySoaring

CadderlySoaring Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2008
    I don't think it's the whole Ben is thinking about sex that bothers most fans though.

It's the whole Sexual Misconduct with a Minor that bothers fans.

If Ben is thinking dirty thoughts about another certain someone his age, there would be no problems. A grown adult molesting an underage kid (Jedi or not) is disturbing for a lot of people.

20. CoppiceThorne

Jun 6, 2008
    ;) [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

The qualms about it are understandable. Though when I was 15 I found 35 year olds attractive. But not necessarily in a...you know...way. Not that you want to do . . . :p
    So it doesn't have to be seen in that light yet. I mean, before they...ahem...Ben might be a few years older. [face_laugh]
    Though I guess it is hard to avoid if they become a couple this soon.

21. CadderlySoaring

CadderlySoaring Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2008
    Sorry, I should ammend my post above..

If Ben is thinking dirty thoughts about any attractive woman, that's understandable. His hormones are raging..

I'm primarily referring to the Tahiri angle of things. She's the adult. He's the child. Consentual or not, it's still disturbing and can land jail time in this Galaxy. (I don't know the Child Sex laws in a Galaxy, Far, Far Away though...)

22. CoppiceThorne

Jun 6, 2008
    Ahh...how embarrassing (having been frivolous).

Yeah, it's difficult to know how that works in the GFFA. I guess one could say that the age of consent in general could be 16. So from that standpoint it's illegal in this case. I'd be worried about it in real life. I can see the point about it being disturbing, and that an older person could take advantage of someone so young. It needs watching. Now that things may be a little less frenetic (Ben no longer having been whisked away and interrogated in a cell), and the war over, maybe it'll be easier for Luke etc to keep an eye on it. Parents usually do that with their kids at such an age. Hands off, in the background observing, in case things get out of hand.
    Ben might not actually have a serious relationship yet. And when he does he may no longer be a minor. It's possible that Ben may be otherwise engaged in other preoccupations over the next while/next few books.
    And I guess from an imaginary world perspective, I can kind of deal with Ben and Tahiri in this manner if Ben isn't being taken advantage of. I know it is a little different in real life. But in the GFFA it maybe not so strange to have people of disparate age be soul mates and be gentle with each other. There's nothing much to punish if Ben is knowing what he's getting into, and Tahiri knows her responsibility. Yeah I know that sounds shocking...
    I'm not so sure this thing is going to happen though -- is it too shocking to appear in the novels at the moment? Some people will be saying "Just what we need! :rolleyes:"
    Fans could be in an uproar if it goes awry. Though I don't think Tahiri is going to mistreat Ben now. She was kind of in a different situation before.
    Though if he reaches about 16 odd, and then starts a relationship, then I'd see no problems with Ben/Tahiri. They may be just friends for the next good while.
    Though Tahiri may not be 'the one he's looking for'. :p

[Edit: Oh..I just got a bad image there...Tahiri in handcuffs.] [face_laugh]

23. TuskenTommy

TuskenTommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2006
    I will say this about Tahiri - - SHE is THEE Perfect & i do mean ideal candidate to be one of the 1st Jedi to convert to being a Imperial Knight..She shows more loyalty to "laws & structure" then to following the Will Of the force...Kyp & Corran are like the perfect examples of following the will of teh force and esp Kyp with putting the force & Jedi above & seperate from the govenment...

--So I DO agree that Jag & Tahiri is still possible but i doubt it.. It's all but cleaR by the writers that it's Jaina all the way. & they even made Zekk vanish to establish it...

--I'm done with far fetched what-if's etc.. I realized this agfter really overthinging who is Darth Krayt. WHen it was the most obvious answer the whole time.. Not Vos,Tholme,Jacen,Kyp,LUKE,or even Ben.. So Tahiri is Imo on a one 1 path to Imperial Knighthood. Even if she has a relationship with Ben.. Now that's making for some exciting reading.. 25 book series on the NEW Jedi Civil War. With several following Jaina & Tahiri to the New Empire..Woot Good Times.. Why wait and age our heroes any more? Have that take place sooner rather then 20 years down the road. I like my 3 & i like them big! And somewhat in their prime. Leia is just starting to be bad-@ss......

24. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    Due to changing continuity, wasn't Hal Horn about 14 when Corran was born?

Besides I don't think it'll be Tahiri. I don't see her being happy ever again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.