main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An idea I just had

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Digidude, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digidude

Digidude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    how about someone every week post a bluescreen still or video and the background they want us to put on it for us to keep up are compositing skills and for newbies to practice on. what do you think?

2. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I'd post such stuff but it won't be for a few days.

3. jbird69

jbird69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2000
    I dig it! That's a great idea. Maybe it would help answer some questions newbies have too.

4. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    Yah, I think thats a great idea! It would give the board alot of activity.

;)
    Kyle

5. Digidude

May 20, 2002
    yeah, thanks.

6. Digidude

May 20, 2002
  7. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    If you are looking for stuff to practice with, you should check the "bluescreen thread" here

There are already a lot of pics, videos and backgrounds available there.

8. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Good idea, yeah, but that person would have to make a quite large sacrifice to find footage for you to practice on. Not to be harsh, but go find your own if you're so eager, you don't nead everything served on a platter for you. If you're really serious about learning compositing, have some initiative, pa-lease! This isn't some sorta game. Also, if you look through the Bluescreen thread, you will see that Moonz has a great website with loads of things to use there. ;)

Carl

9. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Maybe I mis-understood the intention of this thread but I thought the idea was for those who are making a fan-film and need compositing done, to submit both halves of the "to be composited" footage and let people practice on them. They'd then re-submit them back and if they are good, you can use them in your film. If they are all bad, you'd just have to do it yourself. Which you would have anyway.

This is why I thought it was a great idea.

10. Digidude

May 20, 2002
    What I am talking about is what mpfjr just posted that way people wouldn't be posting asking for compositing help they can just post it here and we can do it for them and whitch ever one he takes he can put the name in the credits.

11. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    ya, that is what I thought he ment. But it would have to be in short clips, most people don't want to composite a two minute talking sequence. Or do they?

12. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    not to be mean or anything, but what's the difference in between compositing a two minute clips and a bunch of 5 second clips??

13. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    About a minute and a half?

:p

Pete

14. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Well the bluescreen thread is good an all, but those are high-quality stills. That's completely different than keying out Mini-DV footage. I also would like someone to post UNCOMPRESSED stills from an XL1s or maybe a Sony VX-2000. If you want to test your true bluescreening skills, try DV footage.

15. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    if you have enough 5 second clips it adds up to 2 minutes so does it really matter how long it is??

16. Digidude

May 20, 2002
  17. moonz74

moonz74 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 24, 2002

Does that mean if you can key super-8 convincingly you are in good shape? I have plenty of that crap

Moonz?

18. moonz74

moonz74 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 24, 2002

I agree with pixel and would be glad to put up any clips/stills donated to practice on.

Moonz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.