Mary An Idea

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Skywalker1243, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1243 Jedi Padawan

As you all know, Hurricane Katrina has devastated Louisiana leaving thousands dead or injured. I was thinking today, maybe the Star Wars fans could do something to help. Then it came to me.

What if we were to rent out a theater, play a SW marathon and charge like a $15 cover charge. I'm sure we could find a theater that's relatively cheap to rent out. Jumpers Hole for instance(although it's a crap hole) only charges 10 per seat. We could donate the profit to Red Cross. What do you guys think?
  2. Zhan_Tyrros Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds like a good plan.
  3. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    You can do it in the planetarium for free, but I can only hold 25.
  4. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think is a great idea... though wouldn't that violate the copyright stuff? Jusct curious...
  5. HowardFilms Jedi Master

star 4
    We could even do it in several locations. Maybe we could screen fanfilms too.
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    hope you do not mind interference... I think your idea is awesome.. but definitely check your copyrite laws with lucasfilms.. this summer we wanted to use a SW film for a fundraiser.. and the fee for showing the film was more than we could have ever made in donations.. several thousand dollars to show the film. and it was SW ANH.. but if you find a way to do ... I sure wish I were in your area to be a part of it.. would be awesome.
  7. Takalis Jedi Padawan

maybe instead of showing the full star wars, you could show fan films and parodies. just a suggestion though.
  8. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now that sounds good!!!
    Just my 2 cents...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.