main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate An Important Political Message!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth-Jerk, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Perhaps she fears for her followers so much that the idea of them without her guidance is too much for her to handle?

2. Amos

Amos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    That would be an incredibly bloated ego if that were the case, definitely an ego bigger than any Jedi I've met before.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm pretty sure its not that, but just a tactical oversight. As that wouldn't really work too well in an actual battle. Generally you send the best pilots out in front for a reason - its because they are competent enough to stay alive in that position, and they can keep the others behind them alive that way too.

Honestly however, what does one's military service have to do with politics, other than something the politicians use to make them look better than everyone else, and perhaps emphasize the fact that they can lead to some degree?

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Actually leading a military unit does have many transferible skills to leading a governmental body. Either way, you are leading people. A good junior officer must lead from the front. A senior officer knows they must get as close to the front as possible without endangering themselves. If they are lost vital experiance (both combat and leadership) is lost. Also lost is the ability to see the entire battle or mission at hand. Too close to the front and the fog of war will envelop you. Too far away and you will be disconnected from what is going on. For senior officers it is a fine line that must be balanced.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Lady Adalia's current military rank is Colonel, and she commands a single squadron. She is responsible for the best and most efficient use of the assets under her command. Those assets include herself. The maintainance of command and control in her squadron is necessary in combat against a numerically superior force. Thus she would need to be on the front lines, but not so close as to actually endanger herself. As I said it is a fine line to maintain. I have not personally witnessed COL Durron in combat so I cannot ascertain whether or not she has been effective in that role. Though I do believe that her squadron's combat record speaks for itself. There is no doubt in my mind that Lady Adalia is an effective warrior, at least behind the controls of a starfighter. However, given all these reports of past trangressions and coverups, I am not sure that she can be trusted. Are you?

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I am willing to trust her, if only for knowing how much it hurts to lose trust from somebody because of your past transgressions, especially if that person is completely new to you.

6. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Hmm call me crazy but I think bribes may be involved in the release of all this information on Addie's past. I work with Addie, and will continue to do so for one simple reason: She doesn't hide behind false layers to trip people up, or socks flinging mud with the luxury of anonymity. She is who she is, and that's good enough for me.

7. Albaholly

Albaholly Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2010
    I am only a new Pilot with the Wild Knightz and have only flown a few missions but never have I ever see or heard the Colonel ask anyone to do anything she wouldnt do. She only puts her best foot forward, and she knows her own limits and strengths. So when she places one of us out there before her, its because she knows that person is better for the job than she is.

Shes a good strong leader who not only trusts us with her orders, but trusts us with her life, and that has been tested a few times in my short time with the Knightz. The WKs are a family, once you're in, you're in for life, and she protects each and every member like a Wild Rancor.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sinre approves of Darth-Jerk's message.

;)

9. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I have found that when a person has the courage and strength to stand up and do what is right, that all the other people who are too afraid or weak to do the same thing, love to attack and bring down those who are doing right. If your just digging up and exaggerating the past, then you must be on your last leg.

I have been a Wild Knightz for the past 5 years and have been through many Missions with Adalia. If she was not a Good Leader then I assure you I would be dead.

As Adalia stated, her recorded is open for public display, you should read it and interpret it for you self and not let someone else make up your mind for you.

How do you know this other person can be trusted? Where is this persons record and what secrets do they have? What reasons could they have to interpret something negative out of a positive or even a neutral statement? Let him with out sin through the first stone.

Let not your opinions be swayed by someone with a grudge and a loud voice.

10. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Adalia's the best pilot this side of Nar Shaddaa! :D

I can hardly believe this mud-slinging. No one should want to be a John Kerry. ;) Plus, what would an '09er know? :p

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well, in the interest of fairness and full diclosure, I must admit that I am on the payroll of Evil_King_Wiggins. I was hired on as his campaign manager for a considerable fee. Also, I have no vote in this. We Mandalorians are independent of you aruetiise. I am only interested in getting all of the facts out to all of those who do have a stake in this.

Know this Lady Adalia, the truth will prevail!

12. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    And we "aruetiise" are thankfully independent of you "schiache Mandalorische bauxi." And if all the other muck you're raking in are facts, then certainly that's a fact! :p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Than we are agreed that the independence of each group from the other is mutually beneficial. You don't have to live by our code. And we don't dilute our strength with weakness :p. See, I can be bi-partisan! As it stands allegations have been brought up on both sides. Ultimatly it is up to each voter to determine what they believe or not. Questions have also been asked in the election thread for each candidate to answer. Anyone reading this should also check that out too!

Do your part, research your candidates and their beliefs and remember to vote Evil_King_Wiggins for a safe and secure Senate!

14. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Hey, Jerk, a few words for you. Grishna br'rok ukal-hai hrrl osam'ga akren hu akri vushta. What do they mean? I haven't a clue. They're Yuuzhan Vong. But if it wasn't for Addie, we'd all be speaking it. She led the Wild Knightz into battle against the greatest enemy the galaxy has ever seen... and the Knightz were not found wanting. We're not talking about you Mandalorians knocking some helpless planet around, or whatever, we are talking about the most dangerous, most ruthless, most lethal force in the history of the galaxy... and Adalia helped turn a ragtag band of pilots into the most feared flying force in the galaxy. Maybe you haven't done your history lessons, but time and time again battles were turned by the actions of the Knightz... under the leadership of Addie. And since then she's gone from strength to strength, keeping the WK together and making them a better and better flying unit.

If you value the fact that this galaxy ISN'T under the control of the Vong and that you're not a slave on some worldship, you owe Addie at least as much as to run your campaign fairly and without this unfair and untruthful slander. But maybe you think that's the sort of person the galaxy wants running it? Newsflash: the galaxy doesn't agree.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Darth-Jerk is NO Mandalorian! He is aruetii, just as you all are. If his name is any indication he is also darjetii. His PAC has no affiliation with our campaign to elect a strong Chancellor. In this way he can avoid those pesky campaign finance laws. I am reacting to his allegations on the fly, just as you are. Indeed, as I have said before, the combat record for COL Durron's squadron speaks for itself. I don't question that. Brave and effective warriors all. Nor should you question the sacrifices made by the Mandalorians for your cause. What I do question is why these incidents that Darth-Jerk has brought up were hidden from the public for so long. It makes me wonder if indeed the Lady Adalia can be trusted. What else is she hiding? Its brings me no pleasure to respond in this way to these allegations. To me it is just business, I have been hired by Evil_King_Wiggins to perform a task. I am doing it. If Addy had hired me, I would instead be defending her, as you are. Perhaps if she runs for election again, I will work for her. My loyalty comes at a price, I don't give it away lightly.

16. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    If you think Addie's not to be trusted, or that she's hiding something nasty, you need your buy'ce checking out, mate. It's clearly empty. :p

You might be available to the highest bidder, but this election is not. These lies and smears will come to nothing. And remember, we have a nickname for the bes'uliik in starfighter command... toast. ;)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It is good that you trust COL Durron, she is your commanding officer after all. If you or your fellow pilots lost trust in each other, unit cohesion would be lost and combat effectivness would suffer. I however, am not under Addy's command, so it is within my domain to question her loyalty. No harm comes from asking a question, only from the answers. If the people of this Senate are satisfied with her answers to these alegations, than so be it. If they are not, than that too is the will of the people. I am not here to undermine your democracy, but to strengthen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.