main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE An Interesting Idea on Celebration 3

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ADONIAH32, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I just had an interesting idea :)

What if they held C3 here in Omaha? It is entirely possible. Think about it. We'll have an enoromous, new convention center, a hotel attached to it, and plenty of other hotels. In addition to this, we are located right in the center of the US, so it wouldn't be terribly far for people to drive to from anywhere in the US.

Anyone else find this an interesintg idea? :)

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I also suggested this on the official C2 forum. Don't think anyone took me seriously though. Omaha does have a lot to offer for C3 though. The Convention Center / Arena is the main thing, lord knows there's plenty of shopping, dining, lodging, etc in Omaha alone, not to mention the boats there in Iowa. As long as C3 isn't moved to one of the coasts, I'll be happy. Now if only AlphaCon 2 could get off the ground...

3. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    If there was an Alphacon 2 I would die to have it here again :D

Yes, Omaha will have a LOT to offer in 2005. Don't forget, that amusement park is going up in Council Bluffs, which would provide mega-fun since it is supposed to be rather large with some great rides.

I really think they should consider Omaha for C3. I know it was a success in Indianapolis and everything, but they should change. I really can't think of a better place than Omaha with a new convention center/arena.

4. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Not that it would happen... In fact, I doubt it would happen... But Cincinnati would be a great venue. Yes, I know it's two more hours further away than Indy, but if it was here, I could drag all you guys to a great little pool hall in the town I grew up in that serves plenty of beer and has a great atmosphere. I could tell you guys which hotels are better to stay at outside of downtown too, and still only have a 15 to 20 minute drive.

Funny thing, if you go the most direct way to downtown Cincinnati from my house, it actually takes longer than if you go out of your way to get there. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.