main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An interesting Williams quote

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by CopernicusDent, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CopernicusDent

CopernicusDent Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    I was leafing though some back-issues of the Insider and I came across a Phantom Menace Williams interview. After re-reading halfway though I read this:

"...there?s some entirely new material for characters like Darth Maul, and there?s a theme for Anakin?s mother, and a theme for the queen."

Wait, the queen has a theme? I?ve heard a pleasant motif than went over some scenes with Padme but not quite a theme.

2. Miz

Miz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    This quote must have been very early on in the scoring process. I think what he meant to be the queen's theme just turned into that modest, peaceful Naboo background music we hear a lot of.

3. CopernicusDent

Dec 4, 2001
    Hmmm, yeah...

I think it?s the little melody that went over the conversation about pod racing at the dinner table as well the reprise when Palpatine gives wishes to Padme and Obi-Wan on Naboo.

4. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    "I think it?s the little melody that went over the conversation about pod racing at the dinner table as well the reprise when Palpatine gives wishes to Padme and Obi-Wan on Naboo."

I believe that was Qui-Gon's theme.

5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    In the Insider's Guide CD-ROM, it is said that JW wrote a theme for Padme, but that it wasn't used in the film at GL's request. No explanation is given.

6. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    THats too bad-I've always wanted to hear a Padme theme. I wonder why it wasn't used?

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    dehrian is right. :)

8. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    belly, My guess would be that GL just wanted to wait for AOTC love theme to associate with Padme.

A good theme to wait for! :)

9. CopernicusDent

Dec 4, 2001
    "My guess would be that GL just wanted to wait for AOTC love theme to associate with Padme."

Well, I?m sure it would be the equivalent to princess Leia?s theme.

"In the Insider's Guide CD-ROM, it is said that JW wrote a theme for Padme, but that it wasn't used in the film at GL's request."

Oh, hahaha--well that disproves my little theory.

I bet George always gives Williams grief about there being too many themes in the original trilogy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.