main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Intriguing Idea (SW MMO)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Errant_Venture, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Regarding "graphics"... It wouldn't have animated graphics in the usual video game sense. But it can certainly have plenty of static images -- things like icons for each unit or planet, a map of the galaxy, etc.

2. ShadowStoneKat

ShadowStoneKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    Server isn't much an issue these days, at least for websites with database backends. I know, I rent a dedicated server myself for swrebellion.com - for the most part, Google Ads can handle the monthly cost.
    You will probably get the most developers in some form of PHP/MySQL. However, to allow some form of "real time" interaction, you'll want to use something more than HTML. Flash is an option, but it requires a Flash developer and people running the Flash addons. You could do a form of Java applets or even .NET equivalent, but usually requires some kind of download or plugin support. I'd go for AJAX really, the up-and-coming Web 2.0 apps ... combination of Javascript, XML, and other things that most browsers support these days.

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Thanks to all who have chipped in with ideas so far. There are a few things I want to bring up before anything else.

1) Over the course of the next few weeks, I'd like to get a better idea of which direction this project should go. By all means keep those ideas rolling in, the more the better, but the quicker the outlines are confirmed the quicker we can get down to the important part of creating a proper design document. I will eventually have a dedicated website within TFNGames that will include a few things, eventually including polls and discussions for fans to be involved in that can give us, as the dev team, some feedback on certain likes and dislikes.

2) I really need some new banners for TFNInteractive. If any of you have some spare time to put a few things together, I'd very much appreciate it.

3) While this project will be an important part of the plan for the rest of this year, hopefully, I'd also love to see any of you out there who have other ideas, such as small java game programs or similar games to that which is already available on the website. I do have a few of my own I'd love to see become reality, but for now I'd like to get some new content up there while this MMO is in development. Send me a PM or email me at mark@theforce.net.

Finally, to the good news. After a few great discussions between myself, Venture and BigGuy219, I can proudly announce that, very shortly, Era of Rebellion will become part of the TFNInteractive banner. If you haven't already had a look, be sure to check it out. BigGuy's talents are on show, and I hope to see even more of said talent both from BG and all of you with this exciting project. Thanks again guys and gals! Keep the feedback coming.

4. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Can someone explain to me what Era of the Rebellion is.:p

5. DDL

DDL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2005
    It depends whether it is text or graphics.

6. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Sorry, I thought you were EV!!! :oops: [face_laugh]

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    WE SHOULD MAKE PLAYBOY: THE MANSION MULTIPLAYER

8. BigGuy219

BigGuy219 Jedi Master

Dec 29, 2005
    I just created this thread to explain all about TFNInteractive's Era of Rebellion, how you can join, and how you can help out. :)

9. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    So how are things coming along with this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.