main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark An introduction

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Scotstrooper, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotstrooper

Scotstrooper Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    Hello!

I've posted a couple of replies to threads on here already, but I haven't had the time to properly introduce myself yet, so here goes.

My name is Gordon (Gord) I'm 36 years old (no, really!) and I live in Sherwood with my wife Leslie and our family of weird and wonderful animals, (dog and 2 cats.) I am from Scotland...yes, that's THE Scotland, the better part of the United Kingdom (or as I like to say, "British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God :p ) "Shrek" or "Fat Bastard" impressions by appointment only, ok?

I moved to the States in October 2004, taking early retirement from the Royal Air Force after 16 years of service, in order to marry my now wife. We met back in November of 2002 while I was stationed at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. Leslie was at the base for a three week trip, visiting from the Air Base at Jacksonville. We met, (of all places) in an Irish Pub in Kaiserslautern! The rest as they say is history.

I am now a US Permanent Resident, making a living as a Correctional Officer "Drill Instructor" for the Arkansas Dept of Correction..."Lemme see your War Face!!!":mad:

Huge Star Wars fan (obviously) and my fav characters have always been the Stormtroopers, big surprise there eh?:) When I'm not working and I don't have any chores to do *sigh* I love to get out on my motorcycle as often as possible, keep up to date with ALL the forums i'm on, (I moderate over on the "RPB" or Replica Prop Board, which keeps me busy,) and basically enjoy life to the fullest.

If I haven't already met you, I hope to at an event soon! I'll gladly be a spotter as I may not be in armor, i'm in the process of selling my A/FX armor and my "AP" helmet (still open to offers BTW!)...i'm getting new armor, which of course I'll have to build and we know how long that takes! :D

Cheers, Gord.

2. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    WELCOME! I SENT YOU A PM!

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Here's my official "Public" welcome:

Welcome!!!!

I'm sure that Spotters are always welcome. (The job also requires you to be handy
    with white duck tape....)

Just ask ShadowScout...

Looking forward to getting to know you and your wife better.

Bacon

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes glad to have met you and your wife. You shouldnt have said anything about the motorcycle though now youll have to deal with ShadowScout why do you thank she picked a Bicker Scout she loves to ride.

5. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    So, Gordon what kind of bike do you have? Mine is a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750cc.
    I can't wait for the warm weather, it's just been too darn cold lately(or too windy).
    I'm so ready to ride again....

6. Scotstrooper

Scotstrooper Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    My current bike is a 2005 Yamaha R1. I used to ride nothing but custom motorcycles, owned a Harley (with my surname, go figure!) a Dragstar, which in the US are called V-Star, a Virago...to name but a few. I got bitten by the sportsbike bug back in 1999 and have been riding them ever since. In a perfect world, I would have both a custom and a "crotch rocket" but that ain't gonna happen any time soon!

I'm the same, can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that I can get back out and enjoy the roads...won't be long now :D

Cheers, Gord.

7. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    welcome. My family is scottish Mackay's it is also home to my favorite sport. glad to have you aboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.