An invitation from Philly Outer Rim

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by Calixte, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Greetings Fellow FanForce Members,
    I am writing to extend a formal invitation to you to attend Wizard World East in Philadelphia, May 30-June 1, 2003. It will be held at the PA Convention Center. Here is the link for more information: Wizard World East

Philly Outer Rim has secured a joint FanForce/501/RL table at the event free of charge. We'd love your help, so if any of you can help staff the table that would be great. A sign-up thread will be posted in the KofP forum on theforce.net. Shifts will be Friday PM, Sat AM, Sat PM (til dinner time), Sun AM and Sun PM til 4 or 5pm. In appreciation for your help, your Chapter or group may provide a brochure, flyer or other piece of literature specific to your group. Even a photo album of your activities is appropriate. We will be sharing the table with the 501 though, so we must keep it to one piece of literature per group.

We will also be doing a 'mini costume fashion' show about 10-15 minutes in length in front of our table. We are doing it to have a bit of fun and also generate interest in our groups. For example, I've already had two troopers volunteer to do 'beach troopers'. We'll create clever and funny descriptions and have them strut their stuff while an MC reads the card. I'll need about 10-12 individuals or pairs to commit. Deadline for signup is May 15, 2003. Again, look for the sign-up thread in our forums on theforce.net.

In addition to attending and having fun, we need to be available for pictures with guests and so forth. Much like any other con we go to. Also, I am working on putting together some sort of charity event or activity we can do at the con. This activity will be in concert with Garrison Carida. I will keep you posted as to the details.

Finally, some Star Wars celebrities have been invited to be at Wizard World East. I think it would be nice if we could take the celebrities out for dinner or even just drinks on Saturday night. I am currently working this out and will have more details as the date draws closer.

The King of Prussia chapter will act as your hosts. Some housing with members of the KofP chapter will be available but space will be limited. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of the convention center. Please check the link above to find links to accomodation near the event.

We'd love to meet more of our FanForce neighbors! What better way than a convention. Hope to see you all there!

Jennifer
    Chairperson, Philly Outer Rim
    King of Prussia, PA FanForce Chapter
    www.PhillyOuterRim.org
    Calixte@fanforce.net
  2. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Jenni you can count Em and I in, and we can man the table Sat morning.
  3. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks Rick! I've got you both on the schedule for staffing. It will most likely be a fairly early morning. I'll keep you posted on times. Hopefully know more in the next week. Most cons open around 10am so be prepared to be there by 9 to help set up and get situated. :) Thanks again!
    J
  4. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    As I stated on th KofP board, I am planning to be there and should be able to give time at the table as well.

Just hoping to have a Jedi costume done in time. :D
  5. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Emi & Ric, thanks so very very much for coming out Saturday to help out. It was a huge success, and it was greast to so everyone again. :D

6. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks Wendy we had an awesome time. It was a dream come true having met David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, and Kenny Baker (AND having had dinner with them) It was cool to meet all the other celebs as well. Ray Park is just too cool. And Matt Sloan just plain rocks! :D I can't wait to do it again.
  7. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Just to let you know Rick, I brought my son to WWE today and he got to met Kenny Baker, Danile Logan, Matt Sloane & Ray Park!
    Ray Park also said sorry for not showing up last night since he was the gym for 1 1/2 hours Saturday night.

My god I hope every con was like this one!!
  8. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I know it was the most amazing thing I've ever done.
  9. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I missed such a good time. Rick told me all about it at our first meeting today. I hope something similar comes around again.
  10. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well then mark your calendar cause we're doing this again next year! :D
  11. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Next year!?!? While I hope to go next year, that's a little further away than I was hoping for.

Too bad there aren't any good cons like WWE more often.
  12. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks you guys! Your help was greatly appreciated...and some good news. We have a con coming in mid-December, PhilCon, so get ready for some more good times!

Jenni

P.S. Congrats on your first meeting!!
  13. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, that's better than a year, but 6 + months seems like it'll be a long wait. If I don't have at least one costume done by then, I ought to just throw in the towel on costume making. :D
  14. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Great! I'm really looking forward to it.
    And it was a pleasure helping. It made a lifetime dream come true for me. Sitting next to David Prowse at dinner was just too cool :D

Thanks Jenni. :)
  15. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Hey guys...congrats on your first meeting. :D

Ric & Emi...it was a great treat meeting you. Ric, thanks for the little display shopping that we did. :p

And guys, there are going to be more Cons...even before December.

In fact, there is another Chiller Con in Oct, I believe, in North Jersey...and some other things in the works. ;)

J.Sat
  16. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Hey everyone, hop on over to the KOP forum to see pics of this event! :D
  17. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I've tried to look, but it hurts too much... :_| :_| :_|

OK, so we have at least 2 cons to plan for in the future, I think it is a very safe bet that _____________ (place name of our group here when we decide on one) will be making a presence at them!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.