main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY An Invitation

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Hey All,

Docking Bay 516 has been invited to join our friends from the GC at this year's FarPoint convention. So, who's up for a roadtrip?

Info about the convention can be found here:

Farpoint

So, who want's to go?

2. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Oops, just realized it should be GS, not GC, sorry :)

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hi everyone! Let me introduce myself - I'm Eugenia, the event coordinator for the Galactic Senate here in DC and close personal friend of your brand new Supreme Chancellor-President-Empress.

I'm still not sure how many of the GS are off to Farpoint, but I'm working on them, and I hope some of you all come down to join us! I went last year and had lots of fun. It's a good size, not terribly large, not terribly small. Don't let the Star Trek emphasis frighten you - I was scared at first, but there were lots of interesting fan run panels where I chatted with some nice folks about all my favorite geeky topics. Plus, there's gaming, a masquerade, and a great lounge/restaurant for hanging out. It was also the first place I witnessed stormtroopers and Klingons doing the macarena, that alone made the price of admission worth it.

Anyhow, I've got to actually do some work now, but I hope to see some of you there!

4. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Cinnea,

Glad you could stop by. I'm working on getting a group of us to come down that weekend for Farpoint.

Star Trek scare us? Nah, this is one fanforce that doesn't frighten easily. Bring on those bone-head klingons :)

5. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Well, I know I'm going to FarPoint. And I like the Klingons - they're fun! It's those Federation people I'm not so sure about.

The burning question is... are the foxes back?

6. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Cool, I know Cailinn expressed an interest in going, and Star is gonna see if she can come.

I know Cailinn and I are probably gonna take an Amtrak down there and back. Maybe this weekend we can work out the logistics of meeting up for the con?

Muy Muy, Meesa loves deesa roadtrippins :)

7. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Yay! I'm glad some of you plan to come. It'll be a dry run for I-Con.

8. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    As an experienced veteran of the commute from NY to DC, I'll advise you to take Greyhound instead of Amtrak. The train takes almost as long as the bus, and is twice as expensive.

But we'll go over details this weekend.

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Be sure to figure out ahead of time how to get from Baltimore to the con - because no matter what they say, it's not in actual Baltimore. There is, however, a light rail station across the street which comes from downtown, I presume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.