main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Invitation

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by ThomSolo, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Hello to the Star Wars fans in Wisconsin!

Your neighbors to the south, in Chicago Force, are throwing a party this weekend, and we're inviting you to come on down and join us!

There will be tons of pizza, bowling if you want to, a drawing for prizes, good tunes, and loads of fun with fellow Star Wars fans. :D

WHERE:
    Des Plaines Bowl
    656 Pearson St.
    Des Plaines, IL 60056

WHEN:
    Saturday, June 1st at 7:30pm

HOW MUCH:
    - $8.50 for all-you-can-eat pizza
    - $17.00 for all-you-can-eat pizza and 3 games of bowling
    - pitcher of soft drinks is $4.00
    - pitcher of Old Style or Old Style Light is $5.00
    - cash bar for other drinks

If you're free and want to join us Saturday, RSVP to boshtalk@aol.com by noon, Thursday, May. 30 as that is when he's calling the place to let 'em know exactly how much pizza to make. ;)

Need directions on how to get there? E-mail info@chicagoforce.org (that's me) and I'll steer you right!

If you want to know more about it, or join in the discussion, visit this thread.

Enjoy!

(PS - if it was presumptuous of me to post this here, I do apologize....)

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Thanks for the invite, Thom! I would LOVE to go bowling with the Chicago Force. But, I'll be in London. Thanks for the invite though!! :)

3. TwilightJade

TwilightJade Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    i would go, but i gotta study for exams that weekend. thanx though!

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'd love to go - anyone else locally considering?

Jeff

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    last these exams!!

6. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    My hands could use a break from the new PS2 that showed up at my apartment last weekend. It sounds like fun. I'm interested, but need better directions. I'm not too familiar with Chi-town.

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmmm...sounds interesting, very interesting. I'll have to check with the Dster to see exactly what's shakin' this weekend...

Marcy

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think I might go. And if the weather is expected to be nice I'll take my bike down there. I'm itchin' to take it for a long ride.

9. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Since there does seem to be some interest, I'll go ahead and post directions to the bowling alley from Milwaukee.

1) Take I-94 south into Illinois; sadly, we are greedy, so it becomes a tollway once across the border. :(

2) When the tollway splits, stick to the right onto I-294.

3) Exit at Golf Rd; turn left at the stoplight at the end of that ramp, then right at the next light. (which is Golf Rd. itself)

4) Turn left at River Rd. (second light)

5) Pass through parts of scenic downtown Des Plaines... see the original McDonalds (now a museum that never seems to be open)

6) Just past the second set of railroad tracks on River Rd, turn right into the parking lot and follow it along to the Des Plaines Bowl.

alternate route - more direct but less highway so possibly longer

1) South on I-94.

2) Exit at Milwaukee Ave. (just past Great America)

3) Stay on Milwaukee Ave. for quite some time until it forks and River Rd. splits off (just past Palatine Rd)

4) Stay on River until you cross over the second tracks, and turn into the parking lot.

I hope this helps! Remember, if you're coming and want pizza, RSVP to boshtalk@aol.com no later than noon tomorrow!

Stay on target!

10. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, obviously I didn't make it. I had to be supportive and help my sister through her first 24 hours without a cigarette. I hope it was a good time and I would like to jaunt on down there some other time. Thanks for the invite!!

11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh crap... I forgot all about this!

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, you missed a heck of a party. Thom won a prize (I forget what) and Carrie won the autographed Princess Leia. Hopefully we'll see you folks at one of our summer events, or at Wizard World. :)

13. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah... I guess I'm not gonna come down now either... mainly cause it was yesterday.

But it's really not my fault - I just picked up all of Buffy season 1 on DVD (for the fantastic price of only $30) and got stuck watching that all weekend. Really, I had no choice.

That, and I forgot. Hope to make it down there some time.

BTW, as an idea, does anyone want to go to Great America as a group some time? Just a thought.

Jeff

14. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I understand completely Jeff. But what I can't wrap my brain around is why it's taken you this long to get Buffy's first season on DVD? It's been available since February! What's wrong with you? Season two is out in less than two weeks. Don't make me scold you again. (I've had my season two set reserved since March).

Seriously tho, I've got the entire series on VHS if you need a Vamp Willow fix or anything. Or want to have your own little memorial service for Tara. I'm still not over it.

15. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I haven't bought a DVD all year until this weekend, but I did reserve my second season set today.

I gotta say, tho, this season's finale was cool up until the ending - I'm not a big fan of the whole love saves the world thing - but I'm bitter.

I also realized that they've been releasing Dr. Who on DVD finally... more money to flush down the damn toilet.

Does anyone know if/when Babylon 5 will be released on DVD?

Done rambling,
    Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.