main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC An invite from PA re: Wizard World East

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Greetings Fellow FanForce and Rebel Legion Members and Friends,

I am writing to extend a formal invitation to you to attend Wizard World East in Philadelphia, May 30-June 1, 2003. It will be held at the PA Convention Center. Here is the link for more information: Wizard World East

Philly Outer Rim has secured a joint FanForce/501/RL table at the event free of charge. We'd love your help, so if any of you can help staff the table that would be great. A sign-up thread will be posted in the KofP forum on theforce.net. Shifts will be Friday PM, Sat AM, Sat PM (til dinner time), Sun AM and Sun PM til 4 or 5pm. In appreciation for your help, your Chapter or group may provide a brochure, flyer or other piece of literature specific to your group. Even a photo album of your activities is appropriate. We will be sharing the table with the 501 though, so we must keep it to one piece of literature per group.

We will also be doing a 'mini costume fashion' show about 10-15 minutes in length in front of our table. We are doing it to have a bit of fun and also generate interest in our groups. For example, I've already had two troopers volunteer to do 'beach troopers'. We'll create clever and funny descriptions and have them strut their stuff while an MC reads the card. I'll need about 10-12 individuals or pairs to commit. Deadline for signup is May 15, 2003. Again, look for the sign-up thread in our forums on theforce.net.

In addition to attending and having fun, we need to be available for pictures with guests and so forth. Much like any other con we go to. Also, I am working on putting together some sort of charity event or activity we can do at the con. This activity will be in concert with Garrison Carida. I will keep you posted as to the details.

Finally, some Star Wars celebrities have been invited to be at Wizard World East. I think it would be nice if we could take the celebrities out for dinner or even just drinks on Saturday night. I am currently working this out and will have more details as the date draws closer.

The King of Prussia chapter will act as your hosts. Some housing with members of the KofP chapter will be available but space will be limited. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance of the convention center. Please check the link above to find links to accomodation near the event.

We'd love to meet more of our FanForce neighbors! What better way than a convention. Hope to see you all there!

Jennifer Dryden
    Chairperson, Philly Outer Rim
    King of Prussia, PA FanForce Chapter
    www.PhillyOuterRim.org
    Calixte@fanforce.net

-----------------------------------

Sounds cool! Plus KEVIN SMITH. Hehehehehehehehehehe. Heather and I might trek up there for Saturday... we shall see.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Hmmm, I might join you as well. Just for Saturday though; a nice day trip.

3. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    FYI, they've added some SW guests to the list. (As if Kevin Smith weren't enough...)

C2 Ventures Star Wars Saga Guests
    Amy Allen (Jedi: Aayla Secura)
    Keney Baker (R2-D2)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba-Fett)
    Zach Jensen (Jedi: Kit Fisto)
    Daniel Logan (young Boba-Fett) - FIRST AMERICAN APPEARANCE
    Mercedes Ngoh (Jedi Rocks Dancer)
    Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    David Prowse (Darth Vader)
    Matt Sloan (Jedi: Plo Koon)
    and more to announced!

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I want to go...

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Stupid fiscal responsibility....

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Looks like at least 3 of yous are coming...

We in NJ will look forward to meeting you all.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I think my sister and I are definitely going to have to go. I was going to just do Saturday, but now maybe Sat-Sun...

8. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    My sister lives up there, so I have a free place to stay. I just need to check with my friend to see if he is also going.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I only have money to be at the Convention on Saturday...

But I live about 15 minutes away...so if y'all need a tour guide for a bit. ;)

10. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    If you are up in Philly on Friday night for Wizard World, then I would suggest checking out Torsion at The Catacomb Lounge, located downstairs at Dahlak Restaurant, 4708 Baltimore Ave., Philadelphia. I caught them in Baltimore and they are great. Here is their website...

Torsion

11. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Torsion... hmmmm... I suppose they're a bit twisted, huh?

12. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    I will be there Saturday morning, hope to see some of you there. I will be at the 501st table. So say hi to me :D :p

13. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey all I have some of my pics up, but not all. If you go to this thread, you will be able to see some more pics, and also I put in a link to my webpage that has some cool daniel logan shots. ZamIAm's pics and Guri's, and Jaster Masreel's

14. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.