main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An obituary for Admiral Screed... (Remnant Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TalonCard, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Terrinald Screed was a Judiciary in the Old Republic, and the right-hand man of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. He later became a member of the Imperial military, and served with distinction in many conflicts. He was promoted to the rank of Admiral, but his career began to go downhill after disastrous incidents at Biitu and Roon. After the Battle of Endor Admiral Screed was executed by Warlord Zsinj. He is survived by one child.

Admiral Screed was introduced as an Imperial villain in the Droids cartoon series. Recently, HoloNet News provided him a background as a Republic Judiciary, and he is one of many potential opponents in Galactic Battlegrounds. Force Heretic I: Remnant recently revealed that he was executed by Warlord Zsing.

TC

2. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    KEWL

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Why did Zsinj execute Screed?

4. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Who knows? Maybe Screed was interfering with Zsinj's plans and had to be dealt with. I guess he was probably executed a short time after Endor.

5. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, i'm just wondering if the book mentions why

6. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    The reason wasn't mentioned. Pellaeon was recovering from a coma, he suddenly asked about Screed, and an officer answered ''He was executed by Warlord Zsinj.''

He expressed some regret for that, and said that he always had a soft spot for the ' old hawk-bat'

7. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Okay..why did he suddenly ask about Screed?

Just remembering old times?

8. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    I checked the book, it seems he didn't suddenly asked of him, maybe trying to regain his memory. Here's the passage:

[edited]
    ''And what about Screed? Is he still alive?''
    ''Admiral Screed was executed by Warlord Zsinj,'' Sage said.
    ''Really?'' [edited] ''My memory must be going to have forgotten that. I always had a soft spot for that old hawk-bat.''

dp4m Edit: Edited mild spoilers -- try and be more careful. Screed's death isn't particularly one, but the surrounding events are.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    He just woke up from being almost blown in half by a coral skipper ramming the bridge of the Chimera. The guy is also around a century old, so yeah, nothing wrong with his memories being screwed up for a bit when he first comes back to the land of the living.

Nothing else is explained, but it was a neat little scene . . . even if Pellaeon is becoming more and more brain dead. :D

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'd like to apologize to peregrine -- when I last saw this thread it didn't have a spoiler warning and I did a spot edit on your post without checking.

So, again, apologies.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *sniffle* I just read the novel, and that was a sad little part. Screed was such a useful officer in Rebellion.

12. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    No hard feelings, dp4m :)

...except those pink colors of yours, that is! Why does everyone have to be pink every year on this particular day? It offends my eyes :p

13. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Screed has a kid? Where was this stated?

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I don't know personally, but I would bet heavily that it was in the Holonet News article.

15. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    Screed said he did not want his child to grow up knowing war in the article he wrote for HoloNet News.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yep, good catch.

Of course, we can't be sure that the kid survived into the Zsing years, but we can hope. :)

Gosh, I'd forgotten that Screed was in Rebellion...

TC

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    So that's who Screed is. Okay. :)

18. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I thought it was a cool continuity reference in regards to Screed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.