main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Before - Legends An Odd Comment ? Tahl considers something Yoda tells her. ? reply, 12·11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Note:

This takes place in Jedi Apprentice series, specifically The Ties that Bind, I think.

Done at Kynstar's request. :) I can't tell if it's just weird or if I did a bad job. What do you guys say?

EDIT: Thanks to Myri_Antilles who caught two mistakes! :) They've been fixed.

Requested reviewing rules:
    1. No blaspheming or cursing.
    2. Critique.
    3. Put a smiley after jokes.

Thanks.

Enjoy! :)

[hl=green][color=green]----[/color] [color=gold][b]An Odd Comment[/b][/color] [color=green]----[/color][/hl]

[blockquote][i]Made his point, Qui-Gon has.  A good one, it is.  Yet wish you do not a companion on this journey, and true it is that it will be a short one.  Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.[/i]

--Jedi Master Yoda--[/blockquote]

[i]Made his point, Qui-Gon has.[/i]

No kidding. Pardon, Master Yoda, but I don't need input from Master Obvious. I'm well aware of what Qui-Gon has said. I'm well aware of his meddling.

I've been on dangerous missions before. I am not a cripple. I can do this without help. I am going to New Apsolon for those girls. I will not let them be murdered like their parents. I will get them to safety.

[i]A good one, it is.[/i]

So you think me crippled, too? Why am I not surprised??

Qui-Gon, you and your friends?

[i]Yet wish you do not a companion on this journey, and true it is that it will be a short one.[/i]

What? I beg your pardon?

?Well, yes, it'll be a short mission, but?

"A companion on this journey"? Since when did you refer to a joint mission like that? How does a short pickup count as a "journey"?

?Since when has Qui-Gon been my "companion"? You've called us "friends", before, but?

Don't tell me Qui-Gon's protection complex is "companionship".

[i]Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.[/i]

No, I thought I'd go in full Jedi robes. Honestly, I'm not stupid. I've been on this type of mission before.

Why would you expect me [i]not[/i] to conceal my identity? I usually do.

[i]?a companion on this journey?[/i]

Why does that nag me?>

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wheee! Oh this was great! And sooo Tahl too!

A companion on this journey"? Since when did Master Yoda refer to a joint mission like that? How does a short pickup count as a "journey"?

?Since when has Qui-Gon been my "companion"? You've called us "friends", before, but?

Don't tell me Qui-Gon's protection complex is "companionship".

And of course... Why does that nag me?

Oh totally great!!! [:D] thanks for posting it! Yay!! [face_dancing] hehehehe

Poor Qui being talked about and doesn't know it *snrk*

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I really sensed Tahl's annoyance at Yoda's words, I loved the repetition of 'companion' and Tahl's dry humour here is marvelous

4. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar & Hananiah! :D

That line that I have nag her intrigued me when I was typing it from the book for a chapter of "My Dear Qui-Gon" over on FF.net. It certainly is one of Yoda's odder comments.

Kynstar:

You're welcome. :) Glad you so thoroughly enjoyed it. ;)

Hananiah:

Thanks. :) I'm glad I was able to adequately express Tahl. Hard to get into someone else's head, it often is?

& my family tells me I don't have a sense of humor.

5. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    my favorite line:
    No kidding. Pardon, Master Yoda, but I don't need input from Master Obvious.

that was great! :) very dry humour...but very good! :)

6. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, SarkaVrae! :D

I wasn't sure about that line, actually. Thanks for your reinforcement of it. :)

Tahl's dry humor is one thing that makes writing her so much fun. ;)

7. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.

No, I thought I'd go in full Jedi robes. Honestly, I'm not stupid. I've been on this type of mission before.

[face_laugh] I love that line! What I'm wondering is what Yoda's face would look like if she said that to him. :p

Let's see... you asked for critiquing? Well, that's hard with a fic this good, but let's see what I can come up with... ;)

Since when did Master Yoda refer to a joint mission like that?

This is the only line I could find in which her thoughts don't seem to be "talking" to Yoda... was that intentional?

Great fic! You write Tahl very well. :)

Edit: I should really learn to stop before I hit the post button and think... :p

There is one other line:
    Why would he expect me not to conceal my identity? I usually do.

8. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thank you, Myri_Antilles! :)

Personally, I'm more curious about the entire Jedi Council's reaction? I'm under the impression that most of them would be more aghast than Yoda to hear him addressed like that. :D

I didn't realize I'd switched addressees. Thanks for catching it. :)

EDIT: Cute icon. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.