main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Odd Comment ? Tahl considers something Yoda tells her. ? reply, 12·11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Note:

This takes place in Jedi Apprentice series, specifically The Ties that Bind, I think.

Done at Kynstar's request. :) I can't tell if it's just weird or if I did a bad job. What do you guys say?

EDIT: Thanks to Myri_Antilles who caught two mistakes! :) They've been fixed.

Requested reviewing rules:
    1. No blaspheming or cursing.
    2. Critique.
    3. Put a smiley after jokes.

Thanks.

Enjoy! :)

[hl=green][color=green]----[/color] [color=gold][b]An Odd Comment[/b][/color] [color=green]----[/color][/hl]

[blockquote][i]Made his point, Qui-Gon has.  A good one, it is.  Yet wish you do not a companion on this journey, and true it is that it will be a short one.  Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.[/i]

--Jedi Master Yoda--[/blockquote]

[i]Made his point, Qui-Gon has.[/i]

No kidding. Pardon, Master Yoda, but I don't need input from Master Obvious. I'm well aware of what Qui-Gon has said. I'm well aware of his meddling.

I've been on dangerous missions before. I am not a cripple. I can do this without help. I am going to New Apsolon for those girls. I will not let them be murdered like their parents. I will get them to safety.

[i]A good one, it is.[/i]

So you think me crippled, too? Why am I not surprised??

Qui-Gon, you and your friends?

[i]Yet wish you do not a companion on this journey, and true it is that it will be a short one.[/i]

What? I beg your pardon?

?Well, yes, it'll be a short mission, but?

"A companion on this journey"? Since when did you refer to a joint mission like that? How does a short pickup count as a "journey"?

?Since when has Qui-Gon been my "companion"? You've called us "friends", before, but?

Don't tell me Qui-Gon's protection complex is "companionship".

[i]Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.[/i]

No, I thought I'd go in full Jedi robes. Honestly, I'm not stupid. I've been on this type of mission before.

Why would you expect me [i]not[/i] to conceal my identity? I usually do.

[i]?a companion on this journey?[/i]

Why does that nag me?

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wheee! Oh this was great! And sooo Tahl too!

A companion on this journey"? Since when did Master Yoda refer to a joint mission like that? How does a short pickup count as a "journey"?

?Since when has Qui-Gon been my "companion"? You've called us "friends", before, but?

Don't tell me Qui-Gon's protection complex is "companionship".

And of course... Why does that nag me?

Oh totally great!!! [:D] thanks for posting it! Yay!! [face_dancing] hehehehe

Poor Qui being talked about and doesn't know it *snrk*

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I really sensed Tahl's annoyance at Yoda's words, I loved the repetition of 'companion' and Tahl's dry humour here is marvelous

4. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar & Hananiah! :D

That line that I have nag her intrigued me when I was typing it from the book for a chapter of "My Dear Qui-Gon" over on FF.net. It certainly is one of Yoda's odder comments.

Kynstar:

You're welcome. :) Glad you so thoroughly enjoyed it. ;)

Hananiah:

Thanks. :) I'm glad I was able to adequately express Tahl. Hard to get into someone else's head, it often is?

& my family tells me I don't have a sense of humor.

5. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    my favorite line:
    No kidding. Pardon, Master Yoda, but I don't need input from Master Obvious.

that was great! :) very dry humour...but very good! :)

6. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, SarkaVrae! :D

I wasn't sure about that line, actually. Thanks for your reinforcement of it. :)

Tahl's dry humor is one thing that makes writing her so much fun. ;)

7. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Suggest I do that you conceal your identity upon your arrival.

No, I thought I'd go in full Jedi robes. Honestly, I'm not stupid. I've been on this type of mission before.

[face_laugh] I love that line! What I'm wondering is what Yoda's face would look like if she said that to him. :p

Let's see... you asked for critiquing? Well, that's hard with a fic this good, but let's see what I can come up with... ;)

Since when did Master Yoda refer to a joint mission like that?

This is the only line I could find in which her thoughts don't seem to be "talking" to Yoda... was that intentional?

Great fic! You write Tahl very well. :)

Edit: I should really learn to stop before I hit the post button and think... :p

There is one other line:
    Why would he expect me not to conceal my identity? I usually do.

8. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thank you, Myri_Antilles! :)

Personally, I'm more curious about the entire Jedi Council's reaction? I'm under the impression that most of them would be more aghast than Yoda to hear him addressed like that. :D

I didn't realize I'd switched addressees. Thanks for catching it. :)

EDIT: Cute icon. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.