main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY An Odd Request...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ThePariah, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    ...that I'm hoping someone would be willing to fulfill the weekend of May 20-21. [face_praying]

Okay, I've recently moved into a new apartment, and for the first time ever, I have to buy furniture. Major furniture. A bed, a desk, a bookcase, etc. I've decided to get everything from IKEA, because it's relatively cheap and not ugly. :p Here's the problem, though:

Home delivery starts at $99. On top of the several hundred dollars I have to spend on the furniture. This is a luxury I can't afford. However, IKEA is able to hold stuff for 24 hours so I can return the next day after purchase to pick everything up. Ideally, I would have done this with Christina or Mario, but they're tied up all month long. Um, I really don't want to wait till June to furnish my room. Sleeping on an air mattress is okay, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. [face_plain]

So. Chris has offered me Mario's giant Star Destroyer of a station wagon for my use. It's an automatic vehicle, not stick-shift. Would someone be willing to come over to Jersey and go to IKEA Elizabeth with me Sunday, May 21 to pick up my furniture and drop it off at my place, driving his station wagon? I'll try to think of a way to pay you back for your effort--buy you dinner and drinks...I dunno. I'm open to suggestions. [face_idea]

Any takers? [face_blush] [face_batting]

P.S.: I'm aware that there's an IKEA in Hicksville, but I seriously doubt any of you guys have a car that could fit several articles of furniture, even though they're packed flat and unassembled. Unless somebody has a secret truck hidden somewhere that I don't know about. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.