main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An official announcement

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by beezel26, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Thats right I guess I need to make it official. I going to leave Albany. Not to another state but to another country. I am moving to Australia. I know this sounds like a fools errand but the winters have taken a toll and its time I leave. Dont worry I love this club and I dont want to stop being a scoundrel. I am getting an extra job for the extra money needed. I plan on leaving within a year or year and a half. I have set a goal and I plan on making it happen. I also have fill out tons of paperwork to get over there but the friends I have made over there will be able to help me. I am telling you this now so you will know before I officially leave. And yes I will be visiting before I move. But I have a good feeling I will be staying for good.

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    And on that note... :p

I'd like to announce that I will be moving to Texas sometime in the next 6-12 months. That's right, before C3, possibly before Christmas :eek:

Texas--Its a Whole Nother Country!@! :p

3. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Well we will always be Scoundrels. I will never give that up. But as much as I love my family and you guys its time I leave and go on to more bigger and better adventures. I am bored with Albany. I have been here too long. I am one of few still left from my school still in town and all of my childhood friends have moved as well. I have made friends in Australia and the city I plan to move to is Adelaide. Its located on the Southern Coast. Dont be upset. I love this club and I intend not to leave it. But I have to do what is right for me. And leaving Albany is the right decision. I know that now. My family encouraged me and my friends at work are happy to see me make a commitment. I have a goal now and I plan on achieving it. So please dont feel bad. The Scoundrels will not die. I wont allow that.

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Jeeez, guys! :eek:

Well, I should mention that eventually I'll be moving to Atlanta or Charleston, SC, so we're going to TOTALLY abandon the area! LOL! :p It won't be until after my wedding, though, which is right around Ep III.

*sigh*

We all hate this place, don't we? ;)

Jae Angel

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I dont hate Albany. I just hate the winters for one.

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I don't hate Albany either.
    [Yoda]My home this is![/Yoda] :p

I just greatly despise it.
    Hard to like a place when lately winter lasts from Halloween to Memorial Day.
    I'd rather have summer last from St. Paddy's Day to Thanksgiving :D

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    But the spirit of the Albany Fanforce shall not die. The Scoundrels will live on. It will be our common bond. No matter where we are or who we are with.

We Will Always Be Albany Scoundrels. Born and Bred for Trouble.

8. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Who knows...maybe I'll actually start attending the Austin FF... :p

And you sure you won't miss the snow, and colorful Fall leaves, and such? Personally, I wouldn't miss 100+ degree summers (course, that's what AC's for). :p

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Maulfly you are so spoiled. You come at a good time. try coming in late Jan early feb. you will sing a different tune.

10. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    How am I spoiled in saying I won't miss the 100+ degree, humid summers? :p

I was asking Strife if he wouldn't miss all the snow and changing leaves. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.