main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Open Apology

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    It has been brought to my attention that some of my actions of late may have been deemed as inappropriate or excessively suggestive in nature. So much so, that some RMFF members have been made to feel uncomfortable, perhaps even to such an extent as to avoid attendance outright at official group gatherings. If this is the case, then I deeply apologize to those individuals whom I have offended, as it was never the intent.

I realize that the RMFF is a diverse group, both in age and philosophical ideologies. This diversity is one of several key benefits of the group, as it allows us to truly experience many different facets and perspectives of the world we live in. That having been said however, even among a varied society such as ours, certain subject matter or topics remain taboo, and rightfully so. As fun and entertaining as it can occasionally be to ?push the envelope? or tread the fine line of propriety, common sense must be exercised in judging what truly is appropriate. Clearly, I have been more than remiss in my own application of rationale concerning such material, and for that I am truly sorry.

I apologize that my insensitivity has caused anyone discomfort, as the last thing that I want is for ANYONE to feel excluded from this group. Going forward, I shall endeavor to prevent such occurrences in the future. If I should happen to misstep, please do not hesitate to bust me on my indiscretion. It is all too easy sometimes, to forget that there are actually real people with real feelings, etc. lurking behind these online personae.

For those that have been affronted by my comments or actions in the past, it is my sincere hope that this will not in any way inhibit you from participating in any future group functions.

I guess this will be my first of many New Year's Resolutions.

Again, so sorry, I?ll try to play nice from now on?

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I have to respect your willingness to come on here and say "If i've offended, I apologize and will strive to be more careful in the future, and if I do something, tell me".

I don't think anyone could ever ask anymore of someone.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    you are forgiven. but i'm still not coming to the next meeting. [face_mischief] ;)

4. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    "I'm not sure what this is all about, but I'm sure it must be your fault!!!"

FLOL!

Well said as usual, SS, & kudos to you for being perceptive, responsive and gracious in your apology.

And you, GRIMBY!!!!!

Korea, SHLOMEA........dat ain't no cause fer you to be skippin' out on the important meetins' of da RMFF, Hoss!!!!!

Unlike me...not bein' around....on account of a....certain.....well, yu kno........thing.....happenin'.

FLOL!

5. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Gee. I feel left out. I never got a chance to be offended by you, and now I never will. *sniff*

On the more serious side, that took a lot of guts to make that post, and I give thee a Sith pat-on-the-head for making it.

And if I ever offend anyone, whether on purpose, or by accident, please someone smack me upside the head. :)

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ah its bound to happen . you know how us sith get. every once in a while we just step over the edge and have to be reminded that this is not the empire's strong hold and that we must respect others even the rebels. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.