main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An open invitation for anyone interested in the Hall of Fame/Archive forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KnightWriter, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Hi everyone,

After a bit of a slow start, the Archive Project/Hall of Fame forum classic threads is starting up again. Dingo had to step down due to real life commitments, and I've stepped up to take his place. We're looking for about 12-15 new faces to take part in the project. If you're interested in helping us choose classic threads from throughout JC history to be moved into a special forum for easy reading and perusing, please send me a PM stating your interest and reason for wanting to take part in the project. We're starting almost from scratch, with just a couple holdovers from the first group. If you were part of the original group and would like to take part again (I'm looking at you, jp), please feel free to drop me a PM.

If you have any questions or comments, PM me or just post them here :).

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I've been very interested in this project, but with GSE I don't really feel I'll have the time to make a substantial contribution nor do I feel like I know enough good threads that would make for excellent finds (at least, that others wouldn't point out immediately). Nonetheless, good luck with this restart. :)

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Out of curiosity, what is the word on this? Were the people selected?

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    No one outside of this thread has expressed interest to my knowledge.

I believe we currently have a committee of nine who are making preparations.

There's still room for anyone who has an interest. Post here or send a PM to KW or me.

5. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, I PMed him a while back, and he never responded, and I never heard anything.

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sorry about that. I should have responded, but as I had only two people PM me, both PMs got overlooked. There was quite an underwhelming response to this thread.

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I'm willing to donate my keyboard, which has typed many amazing quality posts, to the Hall Of Fame to be displayed in some sort of a display case.

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I was looking at old posts of mine from years back and came across the Silmarillion Demotion/Ternian banning thread. What a classic. I hope this project is doing alright.

9. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, I am still interested. :)

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I hope one of those was mine. :p

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well if I can be of any sort of service to this project, let me know. Though I must confess my memories of this place dwindle by the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.