main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An open letter to Lucasfilm RE: Ewoks and Droids

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Eddie, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    I received my Star Wars spin-off DVD's yesterday, ie; Clone Wars, Ewok movies, Ewoks animated and Droids.

Firstly let me say I am very happy with the Clone Wars and Ewok movie DVD's thankyou.

However, I have to say I am deeply dissapointed in the Ewoks and Droids animated DVD's. In the mid 80's I was a kid, sure I'd seen the Star Wars movies a couple of times at Christmas on TV and I had some of the toys knocking around, but then we got these two cool shows featuring the droids and the Ewoks. I used to rush home from school to watch them and I would tape them and watch them over and over. Through these shows I got interested in Star Wars and grew to love the movies.

When I heard they were being released on DVD I pre-ordered them straight away. But yesterday I recieved DVD's that didn't contain the shows I watched as a kid. Here are the reasons I am dissapointed:

1. They only contain about half of the full series. WHY? I'm sure we'd pay more for a complete set!
    2. No songs at the beginning. What happened to "We are the E-E-E-E Ewoks we're one big happy family" or "I'm in trouble again"!!!

3. The shows have been chopped up and edited to make mini-movies or something. I don't understand the logic in doing this. The first Ewoks show has the beginning of the 4th episode cut and pasted to the beginningof the 1st. They've ruined it! And worse -

4. What the **** are those introductions for? "Hi I'm Wicket, I can remember when I was just a young Ewok I had many adventures with my friends in the forest such as blah, blah, blah. But now I'm an old warrior I sound like an American newsreader" and "Hello my name's Mungo Bayobab, I know I sound more like Al from Married with Children but someone's squeezing my nuts!" This is just ridiculous!

5. However I could have lived with all of the above but why oh why oh WHY WHY WHY! Why did they re-score the entire thing?! It sounds terrible, the new music doesn't fit and it's completely out of place, I hate it!

Please if anyone from Lucasfilm marketing has any sense regarding what the fans want sack the guy in charge of the DVD's and get someone to do the job who understands what the fans really want!

Yours truthfully,

One very upset and angry child of the Eighties!

2. JSnyder

JSnyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me either.
    I would have bought both series if they had been complete.

Mini-movies? No, I passed when I saw that on Amazon.

So... Lucasfilm lost possible revenue by doing something that makes little sense. Heads up guys.

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    This is why I havnt bought them.

But if you are sending this off them I would change some of the language.

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I haven't purchased them either. I'm still waiting for complete releases of the original episodes.

5. SHAUN-FOREVER

SHAUN-FOREVER Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2004
    Start a petition mate, I'll sign it.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I'd sign. I was really disappointed when I heard these weren't going to be complete series.

I haven't bought them either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.