main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An Open Letter To The Good Folks at LFL

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Dear LFL and affiliated licensee people,

Okay, so, you now how it's like really hard and stuff to do a new or creative story without being worried about established continuity? Like, if you want to make a Jedi vs. Sith game or something, but crap! where do you set it? Or you want say a new giant story arc, but oh no! there's already fifteen hundred books, comics, and short stories right where you want it to be? Or, like, you want to create your own special Character of Galactic Importance, but the trouble is no one remembers anyone like your dude doing anything in the time frame you pick?

Well, guess what! I was just reading some stuff, and I found the really AWESOME era to set stories in!!! It turns out that, like, there was a period of a THOUSAND YEARS called the "New Sith Wars" or something like that when it was just nothing but constant Jedi on Sith ACTION! Think about it, fellas: a THOUSAND YEARS! That's like, three hundred times as long as the Clone War or something! And, even better, it turns out that this ENTIRE era of-- remember, ONE THOUSAND YEARS!-- is almost totally empty of any stories at all! That's right-- there's NOTHING to worry about contradicting! And, even better, what little we do know about the era is, like, FULL of storytelling/gaming potential! I'm serious. Thousands of Jedi. Thousands of Sith. Different factions of Sith and other Force-users. Zombies. ZOMBIE JEDI. Creepy mysterious and possibly un-dead Sith Lords. Mandalorians. Mysterious secret societies. Cameos by characters from other eras. Shape shifting Sith Lords. Sith alchemy. Jedi Supreme Chancellors. Galaxy-wide devastation. And did I mention Zombies? I mean, shoot, you name it, this era's got it, PLUS room to make up, oh, whatever you want (pretty much).

I'm tellin' you, guys, this is a can't-lose opportunity. Post apocalyptic stories, good ol' fashioned Jedi vs. Sith action, Mandie-centric romps, zombie plagues, whatever you want, it's here. Hell, you could even set one of them online role-playing thingies here and not have to worry about mucking stuff up-- talk about having your cake and eating it, too!

Now, get to it! Give us some New Sith Wars stuff! We'll eat it up! You can do whatever you want! It's win-win!

You can thank me later.

Love, Trip

PS Dark Horse is exempt from the above advice, since they've got a ton of (great) stuff on their plate already, plus if they wanna do another series I demand that it be set in Xim's era. :)

PPS I had a bunch of links above, but since this board system sucks you lazy bums can just figure out what I was referring to yourself. [face_not_talking]

Havac likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    =D==D==D==D==D==D=

I'd also like to point out the completely ignored era of 3,000-2,000 BBY, we know almost nothing about this time period, it's the perfect place to toss a few writers into and start fleshing it out.

3. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    =D=
    Bravo Trip!

that just means that we will get another clone wars game! :p

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  5. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    [image=http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/thumbs-up.jpg]

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    New Sith Wars = [:D]

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    This begs the question: In the New Sith Wars, can we take down AT-ATs in Snowspeeders? :p

9. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    For just once, I'd like to be able to take down snowspeeders with an AT-AT.

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Same here, that's one of the main reasons I like Battlefront 2.

11. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    I suggested this when the Force Unleashed was announced....and promptly shouted down.

Oh ye of little faith.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I said this the other week too, Trip. Yes, the 2 spacious periods are the thousand years of hidden Sith, and the decades just prior to the Legacy comics.

A miniseries during the KOTOR era is too much hassle, the coordination between Rey and Horse is intense as it is now. Many people hyphenate coordination but I don't bother, and swerving back to the point KOTOR is a pretty rigid place to work in anyway.

13. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I feel there is only one word that will serve as an adequate response to this post:

ZOMBIES.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I disagree. We should have more about the Empire.

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Now there's an opinion I can agree with wholeheartedly! =D=

16. IamtheMaster111

IamtheMaster111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    I would also have to agree!

17. ConservativeSoldier

ConservativeSoldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Why not. Imperialism never hurt anyone.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/HavTFN/KyleApproves-1.jpg]

19. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I concur: ZOMBIES!!!

This time period (along with the formation of the Republic and the war that led to the dark Jedi being exiled to Sith space) are the last unexplored frontiers of Star Wars. PLEASE do something good with them, LFL!

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    If the Jedi Knights are a bunch of scum like Hoth.

And if the Sith are a bunch of no-talent hacks like Kaan.

I hope we never see ANOTHER STORY in that era EVER AGAIN.

Somehow, I don't like the idea of a 1000 years of Jedi using Child Soldiers and being the Republic's butt monkeys

21. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Hoth was scum? What?

22. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Charles your comments on this were shot down before, why are you parading them around again? :rolleyes:

23. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Actually, we have more than enough of the Enmpire, GAJ, time for variety.

24. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Correction, we have plenty about the Empire as villains, the usual "evil enslaving empire that needs to be destroyed", what we need is a more focused and in-depth look at it.

25. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    That's because, for most of their run, they were *villians*. Plain and simple. Hard to expand on anything like that, since people normally like reading good triumphing over evil...

All the planets that the Empire has destroyed will not be forgotten.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.