main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga An Open Window - AU, Obi-Wan, OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ___Sithspawn___, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Title: An Open Window
    Author: Sithspawn
    Timeframe: Post-TPM
    Genre: angst, eventually
    Notes: This is a companion piece to Sacrifice but can easily stand on its own. It should be completed in another post or two.

I am likely not very suitable to represent the Jedi ? or anything else, for that matter. I am not a textbook example of anything. I do not have good looks or a striking personality, I am not particularly charismatic, nor do I have a brilliant mind, nor am I inordinately strong in the Force. As a result, I generally don?t stand out. I?m just another grey face in the crowd.

But this is not an autobiography ? it is a little early for that, as I will not be a knight for at least another two years, which places me at twenty-two standard years of age. Consequently, I know little about the latest excitement ? or tragedy, depending on what you choose to call it. What I do know comes from the temple?s rumor mill.

No one knows what really happened; the information (officially) never left the council chambers. Everyone , however, knows that Master Jinn is deader than dead; he does not even have a body anymore. The how and the why are left for speculation.

People whisper of a dark warrior. A Sith Lord, supposedly, but are they not mere legends we grew up with? Most of us have suspended our disbelief for the sake of awe ? because one of our own slew the Sith; sliced it cleanly in half. Obi-Wan Kenobi ? newly knighted and now bearing the thoroughly unofficial but no less impressive title of Sith-slayer.

At once expected and shocking. He was once just another amongst us, one most of us knew and admired. Brilliant, quieter than most, but warm if you approached him. If one knew him well enough, they would find in him a loyal friend, always at their side, through thick and thin. He had the brightest eyes, and once in a while, he would smile and his face would light up. He was spirited; he had a spark in him than would light all dark places.

He came back with a little scruff of a child from the Outer Rim in tow ? now his apprentice. He is too old to have been accepted into the Order ? must be some exception ? and too young to be a Padawan. How fitting it is that Kenobi is so very obviously too young and green to be a Master.

Some of us are resentful, because people work for years to get where he is. Others are in awe, because this must be a first, and he faces it stoically. Others still are unsettled. He seems so unpredictable; he is raging chaos beneath all the ice. Most know better than to envy him.

It was obvious that, unlike some of us, he was destined for something great. Great, however, is not equivalent to good. He is our new hero ? brave, but?.There is something about him. One can now sense that he is deadly; that he is capable of killing something as powerful as a Sith Lord. It is not a good feeling.

One of these recent events have changed him. There is something frightening about him. There might as well be a shade living in his body. He came back two days ago with hollow, soulless eyes, staring emptily into nothing. His eyes still stare, like shards of ice set in a face of steel. So sharp that they should cut him. If he bleeds, he bleeds inside.

He walks like a shadow, floating soundlessly, unrelenting. Perhaps to face whatever lies ahead, perhaps to face the darkness within ? we know it exists; we can sense it. But do we not all have it, buried somewhere in the depths of our souls? The emptiness in his eyes could be murderous intent ? or again, just the void it is.

One theory is that it was the Sith that changed him ? that is stole his soul, or maybe poisoned it, infused it with its own dark aura. Another is that at some point in his ordeal he has lost his mind.

So we all take an unspoken decision to stay away from him, lest he harm anyone in some manner. We keep our distance and he does the same. If he has wounds, they are too deep to show.

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] Very interesting. Very very interesting. [face_thinking]

I know you said this is gonna be short, but I don't wanna miss anything. PM me when you update, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.