main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Order and One (Obi-Wan AU) Note April 22nd

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Title - An Order and One
    Author - Aunecah_Skywalker
    Characters - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Rain, and almost all other PT people.
    Summary - How will Qui-Gon deal with an apprentice who has been taught that it is NOT ONLY OKAY to use the Dark Side of the Force, but also GOOD?
    Genre - Action-adventure, angst, romance, drama, and pretty much everything else.
    Notes - N/A
    Disclaimer - As usual, SW belongs to GL and LucasFilms, and so does Obi-Wan Kenobi. Any characters that are NOT known (I doubt there are going to be any, however) belong to me. I'm making no profit out of this except for - possibly and hopefully - feedback. :D

*Ehem* - I'm having major problems with K+K and DWB because I'm simply NOT liking the way the story is going right now. So I started writing this little vignette that will hopefully make it easier for me to write K+K. What happens? Vignette turns into this nasty plot bunny that's drawing blood and simply NOT leaving me alone.

I don't know how often I'll update this, but hopefully, my posts will be long enough to make up for possibly long absences in between.

Any feedback is MUCH appreciated.

(I'll come back later to do the story formatting.)

Here's the post. :D

-------------------

Prologue
    The Clock's Melting

Obi-Wan came awake as though from a long sleep to a sweet fragrance. He gazed down into those beautiful eyes of the woman that he loved so much, and saw there the dance of laughter from ages past and the orchestra of sorrow for ages to come; but right now, in this instant, there was only pleasure there, and he had given her that pleasure, the momentary release from the burdens of life. But life had nothing to do with him, did it? And if it didn't, then this wondrous creature of life had nothing to do with him, either.

Her face split into a delectable smile, making Obi-Wan's heart flutter weightlessly. She raised a finger to his face and traced a smooth curve from the side of his forehead down to his chin, emerald eyes fixed intently on her fingers. He realized, in a mild epiphany, that he was shivering as if he had just run all around the Jedi Temple and back. Sweat was glistening down him, reflecting the almost blinding light of the clear-blue skies. But there was no sun. Just as gradually, he became aware of the fervent feelings that were circling inside him, a raging pleasure driving him to the near point of insanity. Was this why, he wondered, his mind mapped to be as chaotic and mystifying as it was? Was this, a little voice whispered in a corner of his mind, how it felt to make love?

Obi-Wan couldn't answer that question because he had never made love before. He was a Jedi, and Jedi were forbidden to love. That was, actually, not entirely true. While marriage and children were most certainly off-limits, Jedi Knights and Masters could engage in sexual activities if they so desired. Obi-Wan, however, could not venture into that area even if he wanted to. What time he had left in which he wasn't on a mission he spent chasing Anakin from one gambling arena to another racecourse, and he took his duties as a Master too seriously to risk Anakin's life by making a mistake.

"Don't think about the past, darling. There is nothing for you there." Her voice was almost musical in its quality, and it moved something deep in his heart. Obi-Wan looked down upon her, feeling the all-too-familiar feelings of sorrow and frustration well up in him, swallowing away the dregs of happiness that had consumed him only moments before.

"I have nothing but the past to think about," Obi-Wan answered remorsefully. "Everything I am is there." Because there was nothing left of him to think about now, was there?

"It doesn't have to be that way, my little Knight," she said. "You could have everything you want for the future."

"Future?" Obi-Wan asked, for a moment uncertain what she was talking about. "What future do I have? In the Force ? there is only the present." He looked down at h

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    let's see if I am following this. Obi-Wan is one with the force, then we go back to his birth for a back-story?

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Nope, Obi-Wan died and then he became alive again - the birth is - *ehem* - current. :D

Aunecah

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Looks good.... more soon?

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    wait a sec i'm still confused?

6. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    I think I'm not confused for a change :D A very intriguing beginning, Aunecah. (And I was wondering why have you left K&K. This seems to be a good reason)

Well written, and I'd love to read more - as soon as you can get it up.

7. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    very interesting so far.

8. Lady_Kandriya

Lady_Kandriya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Great stuff. More soon?

9. Lady_Kandriya

Nov 17, 2002
  10. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hi! Intriguing! You always have fascinating premises, along w/ some very good writing. :D

Just one question, please? Obi-Wan's birth is current? Then...is his birth occurring *after* RotJ? Or did they go back in time to have him reborn to relive?

Thank you for sharing this.

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I got back to this a lot faster than I was expecting to. The chapter's just slightly less than nine pages long.

PK, Arwen, jacen, Nifet, Froggy, and Kandriya : Thank you all for reading! :D

Lurkalidth : It's not after RotJ, but suffice to say OT characters are going to be in here too ? though their ages ? ???? Don't you wish you could get into my mind. [face_devil]

--------------------

Chapter One
    Ominous Beginnings

Twenty years later ?.

"This place is ugly," Mace Windu commented offhand, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

The comment was completely unoriginal and cliché, but it was invariably described the place in a well thought out precision. Coruscant was one of the most technologically advanced planets in the galaxy, but that also meant that it was the epicenter of nuclear exhausts and antimatter wastes. It was a mystery to the natives of other planets as to exactly how people lived in this polluted hell as well as why exactly the seize of this planet was considered a major victory in wars, not that anybody ever said it out loud.

"Nobody will ever expect to find us here," Qui-Gon agreed easily. "That's why we're here."

Only two more decades of experience as a Jedi Knight stopped Qui-Gon from imitating Mace in his disgust.

Several times since he had crossed sixty, he had been given the opportunity to become one of the Jedi ambassadors to the Senate, which meant that he wouldn't have to ever set foot on a war torn planet again. Just as many times, Qui-Gon had declined the offers, preferring to die on worlds that were the epitomes of nature and beauty rather than live on a planet that was the epicenter of death and destruction. He had often wondered about the choice, wondered if it were his destiny to serve the galaxy as an ambassador in the Senate, but he didn't have any such doubts anymore.

"Well, I suppose there's no point in delaying the inevitable," Mace said with a sigh.

He stared a little at the datapad in his hand, nodded to himself, and then waved them forward down a cobbled street.

This was actually the first time that Qui-Gon, Mace, Tahl, and Adi Gallia had set foot on Coruscant. Though they had heard a lot about this planet, their works had often landed them in the Outer Rim territories, on planets as far away from Coruscant as possible, like Tatooine and Dagobah.

Without a doubt, all of them had wanted to see Coruscant, especially since all the media coverage that the city-planet got showed towering buildings in a closely-knit network ? an awesome, breath-taking sight to those who lived in individual houses in a world that was very much rural compared to some others.

Feeling mildly uncomfortable, Qui-Gon scrutinized the dark street with both his eyes, ears, and the Force. He saw, heard, and sensed nothing that set off any alarm bells, but the feeling of foreboding was still present, elusive and jumping around like a wraith, impossible to be quieted down so it can be studied in length.

He moved closer to his wife, Tahl, and placed an arm around her slim waist. He slowed down slightly, allowing Mace and Adi, who were conversing quietly about what appeared to be the path they should take, to gain some distance. Like Qui-Gon, Tahl, too, slowed down.

"Be wary in the Skipping Jawa, Tahl," he warned her softly. "I sense a disturbance."

"I feel it too," Tahl answered gravely, "but I haven't been able to pinpoint its location. Are you sure it's coming from the Skipping Jawa?"

"No," Qui-Gon shook his head. "I'm not sure, but it seems like a nice place for trouble to be lurking."

Tahl gave him a crooked grin.

They caught up to Mace and Adi again, both of whom were still busy arguing over whether to take the right street of left street in an upcoming fork. Eventually, Mace won, and they took the right street.

Ten minutes into meandering down the twisting street, Qui-Gon began to wonder if they were lost, though one look from Tahl was enough to stop him from asking Mace the question. Half a

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    when he's bad, he's really baaaad

13. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    The force gave Obi a second live just to be Sith scum?

Vadey

14. Lady_Kandriya

Nov 17, 2002
    I have to agree with PadawanKitara and VadeyFan here....

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    someone has profited greatly in the drool making lessons.

** offers AS her own sacred drool bucket **

you're gonna need this

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Whoa...scary....*shivers*

Obi sure knows how to do it!

More soon!!

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Ooooooh, ooooooh, ooooooooooh!, :p I think I might like Obi bad. :D 7

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Kitara : That's our Obi-Wan, all right. ;) He's a perfection of his profession.

Vadey : Well, yes. The Force is mysterious in its ways. We must be patient. 8-}

Kandriya : Hmm ?

Froggy : Umm ?

Arwen : Thanks!

jedi7 : Thanks!

Aunecah

19. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Good bad Obi! [face_love] :D If you know what I mean ;)

20. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, I know exactly what you mean Nifet. I'm sincerely addicted to him, and am now torn between writing this 'fic and Time and Again. The good thing is that I enjoy Mr. Insensitive Lout Qui-Gon as much as evil, evil Obi-Wan, so you can be assured that this isn't getting daily updates - darn it.

On the other hand, I could write shorter daily posts ... if I had the right kind of encouragement. [face_shocked]

Aunecah

21. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Daily you say? No, daily is a bit too much - I need to dive out of this wonderful world once in a while, don't you think?
    :eek: :_| How about once in two days ;)

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Post when you feel it, but keep on! 7

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Of course I wasn't going to post daily - can you imagine me trying to keep up with both Time and Again AND this 'fic? I'm going to die and go to hell. [face_shocked]

Anyway, stay tuned for next post sometime later this week. If anybody is wondering about the little conversation between Obi-Wan and the Sith Lord (without actually being obsessed with Obi patting Adi's butt, that is [face_mischief]), we're going to be eloberating on that. :D

Thanks for reading guys

Aunecah

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    All righty, dear readers, the post that is coming in next is going to be an Obi/Qui post. I'm almost done with it, and it is somewhere near ten pages long, but I think I want to add a little more to it. So, look for a post sometime later today or early tomorrow.

Aunecah

25. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    I wonder how is that. Or rather what it would look like ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.