main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Order and One (Updated May 13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Title: An Order and One
    Author: Aunecah_Skywalker
    Timeframe:Twisted AU JA-ish
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and pretty much everybody else who is in TPM and beyond
    Genre: Drama, romance, action-adventure, a little of everything.
    Keywords: Sith, Jedi, war, Force, Temple, Chosen One
    Summary: It's a different galaxy at a different time, and its fate rests firmly in the hands of said person - who may or may not have any wish to save it.
    Notes: Rewrite and repost.
    Archive? Ask me first please. :)

Okey-dokey, I actually wrote the plot down and so we aren't going to be looking at a story that wanders aimlessly in the middle of the forest and arrives at an unsatisfactory end.

As a side note, if anybody ever, ever, ever listens to me saying that I'll follow my muse on the story and let it lead the plot - take a lightsaber and kill me, okay? ;)

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    -------------------

Prologue
    The Clock's Melting

Obi-Wan came awake as though from a long sleep to a sweet fragrance. He gazed down into those beautiful eyes of the woman that he loved so much, and saw there the dance of laughter from ages past and the orchestra of sorrow for ages to come; but right now, in this instant, there was only pleasure there, and he had given her that pleasure, the momentary release from the burdens of life. But life had nothing to do with him, did it? And if it didn't, then this wondrous creature of life had nothing to do with him, either.

Her face split into a delectable smile, making Obi-Wan's heart flutter weightlessly. She raised a finger to his face and traced a smooth curve from the side of his forehead down to his chin, emerald eyes fixed intently on her fingers. He realized, in a mild epiphany, that he was shivering as if he had just run all around the Jedi Temple and back. Sweat was glistening down him, reflecting the almost blinding light of the clear-blue skies. But there was no sun. Just as gradually, he became aware of the fervent feelings that were circling inside him, a raging pleasure driving him to the near point of insanity. Was this why, he wondered, his mind mapped to be as chaotic and mystifying as it was? Was this, a little voice whispered in a corner of his mind, how it felt to make love?

Obi-Wan couldn't answer that question because he had never made love before. He was a Jedi, and Jedi were forbidden to love. That was, actually, not entirely true. While marriage and children were most certainly off-limits, Jedi Knights and Masters could engage in sexual activities if they so desired. Obi-Wan, however, could not venture into that area even if he wanted to. What time he had left in which he wasn't on a mission he spent chasing Anakin from one gambling arena to another racecourse, and he took his duties as a Master too seriously to risk Anakin's life by making a mistake.

"Don't think about the past, darling. There is nothing for you there." Her voice was almost musical in its quality, and it moved something deep in his heart. Obi-Wan looked down upon her, feeling the all-too-familiar feelings of sorrow and frustration well up in him, swallowing away the dregs of happiness that had consumed him only moments before.

"I have nothing but the past to think about," Obi-Wan answered remorsefully. "Everything I am is there." Because there was nothing left of him to think about now, was there?

"It doesn't have to be that way, my little Knight," she said. "You could have everything you want for the future."

"Future?" Obi-Wan asked, for a moment uncertain what she was talking about. "What future do I have? In the Force ? there is only the present." He looked down at her in surprise, suddenly unsure what he was seeing or feeling. "I am dead," he said to her. It wasn't a question. "I died a very long time ago."

"Yes," she said simply.

Obi-Wan flinched as if she had struck her. Maybe he had been expecting, or perhaps hoping, that she would tell him he wasn't. It wasn't that Obi-Wan didn't like being dead. There was nothing but the sheer brilliance of the Force in death, and Obi-Wan wanted to have nothing to do with anything but the Force. In death, there was no remorse, no regret, no guilt, no dark. Everything was bright and lively, and every moment was filled with happiness and the Force.

He drew away from her reluctantly. His body was unwilling to part from the warmth of hers, but he needed to find out, he needed to know what was happening. A couple of blankets were strewn astray on the spring grass beside them. Obi-Wan grabbed one of them and wrapped it around his waist.

"I never saw you before," he said, eyeing her as she sat up and leaned over to take the remaining blanket so she could drape herself in it. She was a creature of delight, Obi-Wan thought despite everything. She had brilliant emerald eyes and cascades of dark (currently damp) hair that fell down to her waist. Other than the three parabolic-marks etched into the

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

STAR WARS

EPISODE I

AN ORDER AND ONE

It's a different galaxy, a different time. The Sith
    and the Jedi are co-existing together, not in
    peace and harmony but rather in chaos and war.

As the Jedi rally their last supporters to fight
    against the threat of the Sith Lords, and destroy
    the barbaric Order once and for all, the Sith
    are formulating their own battle plan that
    will turn the tide of the war in their favor
    if it can be made?

A din sounded outside the conference room just as Lord Kaan opened his mouth to speak.

Bant Eerin sensed the anger skyrocketing in Lord Kaan a mere instant before he pounded a rigid fist into the wall, creating a good-sized dent. Bant blinked in mild amusement as Lord Kaan paced over to his chair. He didn't sit in it, but rather simply continued pacing, waiting for the commotion outside to settle down.

Brawls were nothing new in the mess hall, especially at dinnertime, when everyone had run into at least one problem and tempers crawled in the sky instead of on the ground. She listened distantly for sounds of electric crackling while she scrutinized Lord Kaan, who was walking in a rough arc like a white-tiger in a cage, his hands fisted behind him, his gaze on the floor. Hers weren't the only eyes that were fixed on him, either. On the other side of the conference room, Lord Bane was watching the prowling Sith Master as if he would love to close his large hands around Kaan's throat and watch him die. Bant had no doubt that Bane was imagining just that as he glared at Kaan.

Around thirty seconds later, the expected crackle of energy reverberated in the conference room, its intensity only slightly muffled by the closed door that blocked off this room from the mess hall. Then, Bant, who was sitting at the wall closest to where the commotion seemed to have started on the other side, heard the delectable thuds as two bodies hit the wall and were bestowed with broken bones as a result.

Utter silence followed, broken only by the beats of thunder outside to the synchronous flares of lightning. It didn't rain often on Ruusan, but when it did, it only stormed. Thick clouds smoldered the moon and the stars as they swirled about overhead. It wasn't raining yet, but it was only a matter of time before the storm beat the windows senseless.

The door to the conference room opened, and Garen Muln walked in, one hand held against his stomach. His fingertips were blazing a raw pink, his Force-sense still crackling with anger and satisfaction, Garen sat down next to Bant as the door closed shut again.

"Troublemakers?" Bant asked Garen with a raised eyebrow.

"More like feral little beasts," Garen answered with a snort.

"Tern and Lpa again?"

"Not this time." Garen rolled his eyes before turning his attention onto Lord Kaan.

Garen had been dealing with these little vermin for nearly half a decade now, ever since he had been fifteen. Even at that age, Garen had had skills that enabled him to best several older, much more trained apprentices, and naturally, Garen had been given the official responsibility of dealing with any apprentice who showed a lack of restraint in their emotions. While everybody agreed that anger and hatred were powerful tools, they also acknowledged that unrestrained anger and hatred lead only to destruction. Most apprentices envied Garen for his job while most Masters simply commended him for it. Garen, himself, would never trade it for something else ? nothing was, Bant knew, more satisfying than feeling the death of somebody else at your hand ? the power that coursed through your body when you squeezed the life out of somebody?

Garen leaned toward her, breaking into the images she had been conjuring like a Hutt. "Indulging yourself in fantasies, Bant?"

Bant snorted. "You aren't the only person having the chance to kill on a daily basis."

"Daily?" Garen shook his head a little sadly, but a small smile formed on his face. "They learn too

4. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    Wow, this has to be the strangest story I have ever read!
    Bant and Garen are Sith? That's actually pretty scary. Especially Garen!
    I'm definitly hooked and can't wait for more.

5. Undomiel_Kenobi

Undomiel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    That's very interesting!!! :)
    It's great that you've got a plot figured out for this story but I must say I wouldn't've minded that other crazy plot that was 'wandering around in the forest' or something. It was... let's say hilarious.

Keep going at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    Chapter Two

"Tachi."

Siri Tachi's hands flew up into a defense position almost immediately. Bant blinked ? a human equivilant of rolling one's eyes ? as Siri turned to face her. She shoved Siri's fisted hands down.

"Get your butt down, Tachi. I'm not Garen."

Tachi continued glaring at Bant for a long moment, her ego apparently still suffering from the little brawl in the conference room earlier.

When Garen walked up to stand beside Bant, her eyes only narrowed further. She finally unclenched her hands and folded them, albeit a little reluctantly, showing that she was willing to listen with a brief nod. Her gaze kept flickering over to Garen all throughout the time Bant talked, however.

"What do you want?" Tachi asked Bant.

"To know why your hair's so long," Garen said before Bant could as much as open her mouth. His voice was highly sarcastic. He reached out to finger a long coil of blond hair that fell almost to the small of her back. He yanked slightly.

Tachi jerked back, her hands rising up into fists. She took a step toward Garen threateningly, but stopped when Bant held out a hand.

"Take your fight somewhere else," Bant said pointedly to both of them. "Not on my ward."

"I didn't realize you were sent to watch over us," Garen said. He stepped back, shrugging.

"I wasn't, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy throwing you both into a trash compressor," Bant warned him. "My patience's already running thin," she added, looking at Tachi. "DON'T - test it."

"What do you want?" Tachi repeated, her angry gaze fixed on Garen.

"Tachi, I know the respect you have for your Master, but you have to realize that this thought bomb idea of his is a little too ridiculous to be taken seriously."

"That's your opinion and he obviously respects it as that. Don't try to convert the world into following your ideals."

Bant sighed. This obviously wasn't going to be easy. Not that she ever thought she would knock some sense into Tachi's overhard brain with few words ? or even a few dozen words ? and Garen wasn't really helping the matters much.

Meanwhile, Garen was shaking his head at Tachi's words. "You should try to convert the world into following your ideals. Every Sith should. That's what we're meant to be ? some of us anyway."

Tachi's face flushed dark at the pointed remark. She took another step toward Garen, but stopped, apparently remembering that Bant was here.

Bant's hands flew up to clutch Garen's throat. She tightened her grip around his throat just enough for his face to go blue, a human's reaction to not being able to breathe, she had learned.

"Just stop it," she warned him.

She held on just a little bit longer, loathe to let go, before pulling her hand away. Garen didn't as much as flinch or respond in any way. There was no pain on his face, something that surprised Bant ? just a little. What didn't surprise her was that he didn't look once at Tachi, who had a twisted grin on her face, from then. Undoubtedly, there was going to be one very angry, very noisy, very determined apprentice wrecking havoac tonight.

Bant looked at Tachi again. "What makes you think you'll be able to find the crystal?"

"We have our ways."

Bant raised her hand again, almost out of reflex than thought, causing Siri to jerk back a step. "Kenobi," she answered reluctantly.

"I should have known that you two would be up to something foolish enough like this. What makes you think Obi-Wan'll do it for you?" she asked coolly.

"What makes you think he won't?"

"Several things. The fact that he hates Lord Kaan, for one."

Tachi just smiled at her. "I have my ways to persuade him."

"Yes, that's what that Unduli woman said when she went to him. She came back on a stretcher."

"She's a fool."

"This conversation sounds suspiciously familiar," Garen muttered beside her.

Bant looked at him and then at Tachi. "Just being the helpful neighborhood Sith here."

"You don't believe in me," said Tachi.

"Don't believe what you hear in that room

7. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    So, are we starting over? Because if we are, I hope a lot of the other one will weave into this one. It was REALLY getting good.

8. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    ObiKajanee - yes, actually. A lot of what's happened in there is actually going to happen in here, too. The characters are going to have a firmer grounding in motives. :)

Aunecah

9. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Aunecah, thanks for the e-mail alert! So, you ahve started on AOAO again! I see that it is a little different this time. You are first showing us the world from the Sith standpoint. This actually makes more sense than the previous version. I hope we do have a repeat of Obi-Wan's flying skills in retrieving the crystal - that was wonderful!

Waiting for more!

10. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Woah.

Goddess.

This is REALLY.... Wait.

Obi is a SITH?!

SWEET!!!!

*is hyper-delighted*

*sits down to follow the rest of this plot*

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    Obi-Wan's mouth burned a brand on her soul, stoking a curious but delectable heat that was raging in the pit of her stomach. He rolled over onto his back, bringing her on top of him. Siri futilely pushed against his chest, trying to convince herself to move away from him. She hadn't meant to go this far, only to seduce him enough to have his word.

When Siri pulled back, she was gasping for breath. Her heart was going a kilometer a second, and she was sure Obi-Wan could feel its thudding in her rib cage. But Obi-Wan wasn't even out of breath. He looked up at her through his blue eyes ? his beautiful, warm, twinkling-blue eyes ? the expressions on his face suggesting that he were on a beach, enjoying the sun, rather than in bed with a woman on a stormy twilight.

Siri didn't know whether to be furious with Obi-Wan's lack of response or unworthy for not being able to elicit the response from him that he was forcing out of her. It didn't matter, in the long run ? loathing always won out in the end.

Anger pounding through her veins at the thought, Siri pulled back ? then remembered what she had come here for. Giving him a sumptuous smile, she leaned down and kissed him again.

"My Lord wants the crystal, Obi-Wan," she whispered against his mouth.

Obi-Wan blinked up at her coolly. He placed one arm behind him over the pillow, and rested his head on it.

"What crystal?"

Siri raised an eyebrow. "The one we need to make the thought bomb. The one made by that Sith Lady."

"Daakes?"

"I don't know," Siri said with a smile. She fingered the side of his jaw, tracing a curve up his mouth.

"You're one very pathetic apprentice for Lord Kaan, Siri." Obi-Wan then grinned at her. "Not that Lord Kaan deserves much more than that, now, does he?"

Siri blinked at him. It took a lot of her to not lash out at him, but the desire to actually hurt him was more of an impulse than a deliberate thought. Hurting Obi-Wan was something that was best left not ony undone but also unconsidered. Nobody can ever know if some ears were listening on her thoughts despite her shields.

"What makes you think I'll do it?"

"Nothing," sighed Siri, trying to decide between several approaches.

It appeared that Sith had more favors to ask of Obi-Wan than they had of any other Sith in this entire galaxy. Whether it was his Master's prowess in teaching or Obi-Wan's skill in learning, the truth was that Obi-Wan was possibly the most powerful Sith alive. Give him a few more years to complete his training, and he mighth as well become invincible ? if he didn't die before that in accidental mine explosions, that is.

Siri still couldn't understand his fascination toward antiques, but then, she didn't understand anything else about Obi-Wan either. He was ? different.

She looked up at him. "I was hoping you wouldn't mind doing it for me."

"Hmm."

Siri waited a moment for him to say something more, but he remained quiet, so she went on:

"Even if you don't like the idea of the thought bomb, you still can get the crystal, can't you?" she said. "Wouldn't you say the crystal belongs in your collection instead of in some idiot Gotal's hands?"

Obi-Wan's eyes twinkled. "Flattery, Tachi?"

"I've been told that it'll get me anywhere ? with you."

"Hmm. My reputation precedes me."

Siri didn't say anything for a while, trying to judge how much of an effect she had made on him. That was the hard part about dealing with Obi-Wan ? or rather one of the many hard parts about dealing with Obi-Wan ? you never know if he was jesting or saying something serious.

And as much as she hated it, Eerin was right. Obi-Wan was a master when it came to deceit.

"Will you find it?"

"Possibly." Obi-Wan shrugged, then smiled again. "Probably."

-------------------

"It seems to have become a Sith's Nighty tradition."

Bant and Garen were flanking the door like guards. They didn't look too happy, undoubtedly having been here during Siri's departure a couple of minutes earlier.

"What?" ask

12. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Hmm... I liked the first appearance of the Sithly Obi-Wan! He seems just as wonderfully bad in this version as in the previous one! Seems he still is "friends" with Bant and Garen, even in this "non-friendly" universe.

More, and soon!

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh Aunecah I'm so glad that you are reposting this here. I really liked how you've given more depth to the motivations of our "friendly" Sith. Of course, it still kills me that Obi, Garen and Bant...Bant! are Sith. It still throws me for a loop and my mind keeps saying...wait a minute...Sith, they are Sith...noooooo!

Looking forward to seeing what you are going to be taking this fic...

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    a truly baaaad obi :cool:

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks all of you for replying. :DI'm eternally grateful for your responses.

I'm still halfway through battling with RL - which should be (hopefully) finished sometime later next week - so my posting might be a little sporadic. I'll turn up the posts as they come in, and I probably won't be posting today.

Sithly Obi-Wan - while fun - is a little hard to write at times. [face_shocked]

Aunecah

16. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    [face_shocked] They're all sith! :D I like it. You make dark Obi-Wan (and dark everyone else) very believable.

"I was all right," Obi-Wan assured her in a low voice. "It wasn't that bad. Compared to what Padmé went through, and what ? what Master must have gone through when Xanatos turned, then died, and then Master Tahl died ? I - ? - I was all right."

That's exactly what Obi-Wan would say! He's very in-character, even as a Sith apprentice later on. [face_laugh] Figures, he gets a second chance at life, and he's reincarnated as a Sith. If that's what happened :confused:.

I'm going to try really hard not to lurk, like I did through your other story - which was also fantastic.

~Calantha

17. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    ooooohh, nice.

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks for the replies. I really do appreciate them.

I have the next post written, but I have to type it up - don't know when I'll get to it. I've had a really, really bad day yesterday - both here at the JCF and in RL - and the negativism is continuing on today, especially with my nerves being on the end because of my Calc final, which I was worried about horribly because of my mood (so sue me, I'm a sensitive person). Anyway, I hope to get the next post up soon. :)

Aunecah

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    Only a couple of moments after Bant and Garen left, dissatisfied with Obi-Wan's answers regarding why he was taking on Siri Tachi's proposals but knowing that they weren't likely to get anymore out of him, Obi-Wan was approached by a Twi'lek woman.

Even though she wasn't a Sith and had no lust for power (a pity really, thought Obi-Wan privately), the Twi'lek woman had absolutely no qualms in using whatever she got to make Obi-Wan look her way. It was sometimes, many times, really disgusting being surrounded by women whose sole life seemed to be centered around sexual experiences.

Which was, of course, the whole reason Obi-Wan never touched a slave, something that raised a lot of eyebrows and curious stares.

That didn't mean, however, that Obi-Wan didn't enjoy playing with slaves.

The Twi'lek stopped in front of Obi-Wan and bowed low at the waist, showing much of her bare back. She was wearing a pale green band-sleeved shirt that didn't do much more than color her body.

Waving his hand in disgust, feeling suddenly angered and gloomy for some reason, Obi-Wan started walking away. He sensed a moment of surprise, hurt, and worry, before the Twi'lek quickly fell into step beside him, her slave-collar glinting against the dull light of the glow panel fixed into the ceiling.

"Lord Kenobi, Lady Unduli requests your presence."

"Tut, tut, tut. She's starting to lose her skills, then," said Obi-Wan casually. "Since when did Lumi start 'requesting' anything." He paused, scrutinizing the Twi'lek.

All slaves in the Sith Temple wore color-coded uniforms. Though on the outside, the Sith all stood as a united front, within themselves, there were several factions that were involved in a bloody civil war. Obi-Wan was thoroughly disgusted by the whole damnening situation. If they continued to keep at it, they might as well stay put and allow those accursed Jedi to come and cut them into pieces. No wonder they were starting to lose so many battles.

This Twi'lek, judging from the way the mossy green dominated her uniform, probably belonged to Lord Bane's faction. Obi-Wan had nothing against Lord Bane. Indeed, he quite liked the Sith Master, having found that many of his own ideas ran in tandem with that of Bane's. His apprentice, Luminara, on the other hand, was a completely different case.

"Lord Kenobi, she had seemed?" began the Twi'lek.

"What's your name?" Obi-Wan interrupted.

The Twi'lek drew back in surprise. Then, her soft features softened with regret and sadness. Obi-Wan frowned, wondering (not very patiently) exactly what he had said to make her feel those emotions.

"What's wrong with you woman?" Obi-Wan roared, cursing the fact that there was nothing nearby other than the Twi'lek herself to take out his anger on. "I just asked for your bloody name."

Her eyes shimmering with moisture, the Twi'lek sniffled. "Nobody ever asked my name before," she whispered. She pointed at a delicate golden number sewn into her uniform. "This is what I am: a number."

"Well, it's your misfortune that you got stuck in that faction," Obi-Wan answered impatiently, but a small chord rang in his stomach. He frowned at his emotion, trying to figure out what it was. "They seem to think that being a Sith means treating everyone else like animals."

"Isn't it?"

Obi-Wan stopped so abrputly, the Twi'lek nearly collided into him. She must have seen the raw anger blazing in him because she started stuttering an apology immediately, her eyes wide with terror.

"I'm sorry, My Lord, I ne-never meant to?"

"Explain."

"It's nothing? ta-take no care of it?"

Obi-Wan caught her throat in his hand, slamming her back against the wall. "EXPLAIN!" he roared into her face.

The Twi'lek struggled against his grip. Obi-Wan tightened his hand around her throat, wanting to squeeze the life out of her and reveal in the power and the satisfaction and the pure bliss that the notion brought ? Obi-Wan let go off her.

"Leave," he said in a hoarse whisper.

"My Lord?"

"I'm not going

20. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    What a chilly pic of Obi-Wan! Simply delicious! But there is something deep inside him that is telling him of other choices, other destinies. There is hope for him yet!

This is coming along truly great, Aunecah! I am glad you decided to rework it.

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A sith with a heart- hmmmmm

22. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    fascinating

23. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Is that thought about protecting the Galaxy part of the Jedi oth, he somehow 'remembers' as it is, was and will be his destiny in his 'other' lives ?

Vadey

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks all for replying! More to be told about Obi-Wan's ? thoughts?

I'm not sure about this one ? (If it's too bad, I'll change it later?)

--------------------
    Luminara Unduli sipped from her mug of Corellian ale while watching Kenobi out of the corner of her eyes.

He was sitting in one of the spare chairs along the wall-sized window that gave a spectacular view of the one and a half kilometer drop around them. Though Luminara had previously thought of having Obi-Wan meet her in her household complex, she had later decided that she didn't want to risk any wrestling matches or information leaks and hence had led Obi-Wan here into one of the common conference rooms in the Sith Temple.

Obi-Wan looked completely at ease with himself and the surroundings as he stared into the steamy brown liquid of his mug. He had, much to the disappointment of Lord Sidious and the chagrin of his friends, a strange addiction to chocolate. Though Luminara had tasted the liquid once or twice before, she couldn't see what Obi-Wan found so enticing about it.

"Chocolate is Force's gift for us poor mortals," Obi-Wan answered, as if in response to her unasked questions.

Luminara bristled, slamming her shields up. Seeing the twisted grin on Obi-Wan's face, she almost called the Dark energy into her hands, felt the power flowing through her fingers ? and then stopped. No, better not test Obi-Wan's skills ? especially after ? said incident.

That didn't mean, however, that she wouldn't enjoy pushing him.

"Sometimes I do wonder if you're a Sith or not, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan raised a delicate eyebrow at her. "For drinking hot chocolate?"

Luminara nodded. "Unfitting of a Sith Lord."

"Maybe from your point of view."

"And everybody else's?"

"There's nothing in our Code that says you can't enjoy a drink just because you're a Sith."

"No ? but hot chocolate?"

"I'm hoping you haven't brought me here to discuss hot chocolate."

"Of course not," said Luminara stiffly. She paused. "I have an errand for you to run."

"Ah, of course." Obi-Wan's face hardened. "I thought as much."

"You don't approve?"

"I'm not a slave waiting to be thrown around by anybody who needs a toy."

Luminara smiled. Privately, she felt Obi-Wan was just that ? with his stupid ideals and ridiculous habits ? but telling that it in front of him would be a bad idea. Whether or not he was a toy for them to play with, he was a very skilled (and very much living) toy.

"That's not how I meant it," said Luminara slowly. She sighed. "I don't know of anyone else who's better than you at deception."

The expression on Obi-Wan's face didn't change. "Attempting a hand at flattery, dear lady?"

"No. Perhaps." Luminara took a sip from her mug. She sighed. "No, let me tell you about the whole mess: One of our little bounty hunters' aides seems to have second thoughts about where his loyalty lies."

"Hmm."

"We intercepted a communication from him ? to the Jedi ? saying that he was willing ? for the right price ? to sell valuable information ? of both Jango Fett and us."

"Hmm."

"Lord Bane found him, of course." Luminara said this matter-of-factly. "And the credit the Jedi transferred into his account is in our hands." She fisted her hand and then pounded it against the wall.

"But??"

"But nothing. That's all ? everything's done ? end of story."

"So why am I here?"

"It would be nice if the Jedi didn't know of this story," said Luminara slowly. "If somebody were to play their contact and ? say, mislead them ? a little ? a lot."

"Anybody can do this. You don't need a Sith, much less me."

"I disagree. The Jedi are able to sense lies, so that rules out commoners." She smiled again. "Our Sith also needs to be able to deceive them into thinking that he isn't actually a Sith but rather indeed their contact."

"I see."

Luminara growled in frustration. Getting five breaths of emotion from Obi-Wan was harder than locking a kharra-rat in a cage. "Will you do it?" she asked finally, dropping all formality

25. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Obi-Wan still likes hot chocolate! Remnants from another lifetime, I see! I really like how you have reworked this story. Now Obi-Wan is a Sith mole, who the Jedi, including Qui-Gon, will think is their "contact".

Looking forward to a Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan encounter - hopefully soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.