main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends An Order and One (Updated May 13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, tomorrow probably, fj. It's going to be a reworked model of the one from the previous version ? see, I told you the posts will all be in here in one form or another ? but it'll hopefully be better.

But feedback could persuade me into posting earlier than tomorrow ? like today evening. :)

Aunecah

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    hmmm, a Sith with a hot chocolate addiction....

works for me.

grins.

more would work for me also.

grins hopefully.

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks Froggy. I'll try to post sometime later today. :)

Aunecah

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks all for replying! :D

Just so you know - the next post could take a couple of days in coming.

--------------------

"This place is ugly," Mace Windu commented offhand, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

The comment was completely unoriginal and cliché, but it was invariably described the place in a well thought out precision. Coruscant was one of the most technologically advanced planets in the galaxy, but that also meant that it was the epicenter of nuclear exhausts and antimatter wastes. It was a mystery to the natives of other planets as to exactly how people lived in this polluted hell as well as why exactly the seize of this planet was considered a major victory in wars, not that anybody ever said it out loud.

"Nobody will ever expect to find us here," Qui-Gon agreed easily. "That's why we're here."

Only two more decades of experience as a Jedi Knight stopped Qui-Gon from imitating Mace in his disgust.

Several times since he had crossed sixty, he had been given the opportunity to become one of the Jedi ambassadors to the Senate, which meant that he wouldn't have to ever set foot on a war torn planet again. Just as many times, Qui-Gon had declined the offers, preferring to die on worlds that were the epitomes of nature and beauty rather than live on a planet that was the epicenter of death and destruction. He had often wondered about the choice, wondered if it were his destiny to serve the galaxy as an ambassador in the Senate, but he didn't have any such doubts anymore.

"Well, I suppose there's no point in delaying the inevitable," Mace said with a sigh.

He stared a little at the datapad in his hand, nodded to himself, and then waved them forward down a cobbled street.

This was actually the first time that Qui-Gon, Mace, Tahl, and Adi Gallia had set foot on Coruscant. Though they had heard a lot about this planet, their works had often landed them in the Outer Rim territories, on planets as far away from Coruscant as possible, like Tatooine and Dagobah.

Without a doubt, all of them had wanted to see Coruscant, especially since all the media coverage that the city-planet got showed towering buildings in a closely-knit network ? an awesome, breath-taking sight to those who lived in individual houses in a world that was very much rural compared to some others.

Feeling mildly uncomfortable, Qui-Gon scrutinized the dark street with both his eyes, ears, and the Force. He saw, heard, and sensed nothing that set off any alarm bells, but the feeling of foreboding was still present, elusive and jumping around like a wraith, impossible to be quieted down so it can be studied in length.

He moved closer to his wife, Tahl, and placed an arm around her slim waist. He slowed down slightly, allowing Mace and Adi, who were conversing quietly about what appeared to be the path they should take, to gain some distance. Like Qui-Gon, Tahl, too, slowed down.

"Be wary in the Skipping Jawa, Tahl," he warned her softly. "I sense a disturbance."

"I feel it too," Tahl answered gravely, "but I haven't been able to pinpoint its location. Are you sure it's coming from the Skipping Jawa?"

"No," Qui-Gon shook his head. "I'm not sure, but it seems like a nice place for trouble to be lurking."

Tahl gave him a crooked grin.

They caught up to Mace and Adi again, both of whom were still busy arguing over whether to take the right street of left street in an upcoming fork. Eventually, Mace won, and they took the right street.

Ten minutes into meandering down the twisting street, Qui-Gon began to wonder if they were lost, though one look from Tahl was enough to stop him from asking Mace the question. Half a standard hour later, however, it became quite apparent that they were indeed lost.

"I think it's about time we give in to reality and ask somebody the directions," Adi said testily.

Pausing only a couple of moments to glare at her husband, Adi sprinted over to a Dug couple. The two Dugs were very animate, but they seemed to realize that Adi was a Jedi be

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    lmfbo, your obiwan is just a perfect scoundrel. love this.

6. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    Obi-Wan's a real brat, isn't he? 8-}

In the post before this last one, I really liked Luminara's POV. I don't know what you did, but somehow you fleshed out her character and gave us a fascinating perspective on Obi-Wan all at once.

In particular I liked this part:
    Luminara smiled. Privately, she felt Obi-Wan was just that ? with his stupid ideals and ridiculous habits ? but telling that it in front of him would be a bad idea.

Is there any particular reason all the older Jedi from George's GFFA (Mace, Qui-Gon, Adi) are still Jedi, but the younger ones are Sith? Seems a little strange to me...

~Calantha

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Obi-Wan as Sith still works for me....

Loved him patting Adi's butt and Mace getting all upset about it...LOL.

8. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    More, I want more sithly Obi, :D he's up to something? 7

9. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Where is my sithly Obi??

*sniff*

Anywhere?.........

10. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4