1. Happy Christmastime, WNU!

An OT.com member gives a tentative welcome

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by darth.ender, Jan 7, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. darth.ender Jedi Master

star 1
    So I'm a member of originaltrilogy.com. I actually defend George Lucas and the PT over there, but I most certainly prefer the OT to the PT. I have my own views on what I do and do not consider canon in my little noggin. I know there is hostility there towards the "prequel gushers" here, and likewise I see here similar hostility towards the "old fart fanboys who can't accept that this is GL's art" there. So I suppose I am shouting out a little hello and seeing how much trouble I get into for falling in between the two camps in my POV.

DARTH_ENDER [shouting]: Hello!
    Alexrd likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Failte Nua Duine. Glad to have you. I saw the OT in their original theatrical runs, but am now more of a PT fan after 30 years of OT fandom. Hello back to you. I'm the temporary substitute excuse for an authority figure here until Skiara gets back, so if you happen to need any questions or concerns resolved, feel free to message me or just post 'em in here, as this is now your personal 'tech support' thread.
  3. darth.ender Jedi Master

star 1
    Why thank you :) Interesting to see someone of your (our) generation who actually prefers the PT. Again, that's cool. Just interesting. I'll let you know if I need something. Thanks again.
  4. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Welcome! We have all sorts in our film boards so I'm sure you'll find like-minded people there :)
  5. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    What Nat said. :) And welcome aboard.
  6. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome @Darth_Ender!

From the posts above, I see you've got the best advices already. Follow the link NYCitygurl gave you (you'll find a place there for sure) and don't forget to ask in here, if any questions come up. :)

Personally, you won't find me in the PT group, I prefer the CT, but I have to say that I enjoyed Ep3 a lot! So, I'm a bit curious what Ep7 will bring and how it'll be done. If it's like Ep3, it would be fantastic, if it's like Ep1&2 - I will not consider them 'most favorites'. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :)
  7. darth.ender Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice. I appreciate your putting up with me :)

As for Episode VII, I don't know what it will bring, but I hope it's more closely aligned with the OT/CT (not sure which acronym is preferred here). I don't mind some references to the PT, but I hope for the more grungy feel, more model-based style of the OT.
  8. darth.ender Jedi Master

star 1
    Two things:

First, why on earth did I say "tentative welcome" in the title. I meant to say something like "tentative greeting." Too bad I can't change it. Oh well.

Second, I know I just got here, but I'm wasting an awful lot of time lately. I can't post here regularly as I'd like. I lack the self control to get important things done. I know I've made many friends (READ: enemies ;) ) in the time I've been here, but I can't keep posting. I'm going to take a full month without posting. Thanks for those who've been so welcoming :)
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    @darth.ender: You're 'fasting' from us already...? I have over a decade worth of enemies on here and I still post like this place is petty methamphetamine addiction...
  10. darth.ender Jedi Master

star 1
    It really is. Don't worry, I'll be back. I just lack the self control to only post a little and then stay away. Thanks for your warm welcome and openness with me. :)
  11. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Moderators: Skiara