main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An outrage.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by xie, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Knightwing

Talon_Knightwing Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    Ummm, Syntax.... Knight DID answer that.

"However, he's not Force sensitive..."

Did you happen to miss that part? And since you say that you used to play the game, i thought you would understand what the card means. I used to play the game as well, so i guess that's why i missed the Forcee-Attuned thing in my first post.

I think a simpler explanation is to say that it basically means "Luck", since the game doesn't have anyway to incorporate "Luck" as a skill or attribute. So they just use "Force-Attuned" as a way to make it fit in the game mechanix, and that is all. It has no effect on the GFFA at all.

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Oh, no, I caught that part. It just doesn't jive with the card -- the card says that he has Force awareness AT ALL, which flies in the face of existing data on Wedge. THAT is what Knight did not account for using his "game mechanics", IMHO. (note the use of the word "opinion")

3. Talon_Knightwing

Sep 24, 2002
    I understand you point of view, but IMHO i take it to mean "Luck", since i think i remember something somewhere about there is no luck, that its just part of the Force.

4. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    The only thing thats cannon about htose cards is the data blurb on top. HTe rest is game mechanics, take them as you will, but what is said in books adn ssuch, writen as fact, is more correct then the actually game play stuff.

5. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Yep, Trell just spelled it out.

IMHO, the "Lore" bit at the top, and the image itself, are canon. The rest are "game mechanics", and are out-of-universe, and thus not canon.

For example, take the game "Rebellion". The game data for movement points and how many squadrons a capital ship can hold are intended for game balance and play, not any "canon" stuff. Or the locations of planets of the galaxy in Rebellion. We KNOW those are wrong, compared to other sources. :)

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck."--Obi-wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight.

Perhaps Wedge Antilles' good luck is just a product of the Force. While Wedge might be Force-blind, that doesn't mean he is not a part of the Force.

7. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Bingo. I totally agree.

8. Talon_Knightwing

Sep 24, 2002
    Exactly on all counts. (top 3 posts). All life is the Force.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In the game,a person's Ability rating means two things:

1) His defensive value in battle (unless he is wearing armor).
    2) A character's presence in the force. If a character has an ability of 1 or higher, he provides presence (a droid has 0 ability since it does not cast a presence in the force). Much like how Jaina felt Wedge as a strong presence in the force despite not being force-sensitive, jives well with this.

A force-attuned person usually translates to, literally, a character's ability to do things, so ace pilots like Wedge, Dash, Fel, and Han, as well as higher Imperials such as Piett, get this rating.

Ability 4 are people with mild force abilities or gift of foresight. designated force sensitive

Ability 5 are force sensitives that are not full Jedi or Dark Jedi (Luke between ESB and ROTJ, Mara Jade, Padawan Obi-Wan).

Ability 6 are Jedi KNights/ Dark Jedi Knights

Ability 7 are Jedi/Dark Jedi Masters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.