Beyond An SST/NJO crossover (A/T, J/D(SST + SW), J/J) Updated 4/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Star-Lead, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is a little short, but don't hold that against me please.

Operation VH chapter 5

Doc checked the med scanners.

?There, another spike in his heart rate.?

?That?ll happen,? the naval doctor agreed, ? but private Solo has been in a coma for three days.?

?You said he was all patched up.?

?Physically he is fine. But the man was clinically dead when you brought him in. His brain was deprived of oxygen for longer than a human could, by rights, survive, and it?s a miracle he has. Now, maybe his luck will hold, and we can get him out of this, but maybe not.?

?Right, right. I?ve got to go, I?m on night patrol. I?ll be sending one of the Roughnecks to keep an eye on him.?

The Roughnecks trudged through the stream, demoralised by losing one of their personnel to a stupid mechanical screw-up.

?You know,? Dizzy was saying to Gossard, ?since you got your eye cut, this is the third time I?ve been passed over to wear the Marauder.?

?You think I like it?? Max Brutto responded from inside the exo-armour, ?You know, one rookie messes up and gets impaled by a bug??

?This isn?t on Solo,? Gossard retorted, ?he did right by us, and the Marauder. Should?ve been me in the suit. Should be me in the tank. I should be the one dying.?

?Anakin is NOT dying,? Tahiri shouted, knocking Gossard back.

?Tahiri, I didn?t?? Gossard stopped, ?You hear that??

?What??

?Nothing. That ain?t right. In a jungle, there should be something, even this late. What?s the info LT??

?Don?t know. We?d better head back to base camp.?

?Listen up Roughnecks. High command says there?s a storm, actually a monsoon, brewing about a hundred K southwest. It?s big enough to make the one we saw on Tesca look like a clear summer day.?

?We?re evacuating then??

?No way,? Doc responded, ?Solo can?t be evacuated. We so much as nudge him now, he dies.?

?Okay, I?ll get on the line to General Antilles, convince him someone needs to stay behind to make sure the Yuuzhan Vong don?t, uh, retake the beachhead once the storm passes.?

?You taking volunteers?? Higgins asked.

?I?ll assume Veila makes it unanimous, and yes. I am taking volunteers.?

?Anakin, why do you keep doing this to me? Can?t you just once not get yourself nearly killed??

?Any change??

?No Doc. I?ve tried everything, and still nothing.?

?Then just talk to him. Give him a reason to come back to us. Science still hasn?t figured out how much a coma patient hears. Stay with him, and maybe he?ll come back.?

Tahiri nodded, then, as Doc left, moved closer to the liquid regeneration tank.

?Why now? I always thought you?d tell me this first, but maybe we don?t have much time left, and I shouldn?t be so proud. I love you Anakin Solo. Always have, always will. And if you die here, then I don?t know what I?ll do. Come back to me, please. I?d be lost without you.?

Tahiri waited a few seconds before continuing.

?Okay, I said it. Your turn. You have to wake up Anakin, and give us a chance. If you don?t, then I won?t have anything to live for anymore. And you, you?ll always wonder, about the live you missed. About all the things you never got the chance to do.?

?He?ll always hear you.?

Tahiri turned towards Jaina, who?d walked in during her little impassioned speech.

?He?s always been good at that,? Jaina commented wistfully, ?always listening, that?s my little brother. Never used to talk that much, but he always listened.?

?How much did you??

?Enough. I already knew you were in love with him, this just proves it. Stay here. I?ll take your place with the Roughnecks. Just don?t get him banged up understand??

(This chapter is short, but I planned to do a short one anyway and this just fitted so there we are).
  2. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Good, Star-Lead.
    Who am I to complain about short posts? 8-}
  5. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Upping this while I work on the next chapter.
  10. Star-Lead Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't believe I forgot about this.

Damn I've got a lot of work to do getting the next chapter out.
  11. JainaSticksSolo19 Force Ghost

star 3
    uppers. i love the story line
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.