main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga An Unexpected Path...An Obi-Wan Kenobi Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: An Unexpected Path
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin and an OC
    Genre: AU/Drama
    Timeframe: Pre-ROTS
    A/N: My muse has been on vacation as of late so I went looking for a challenge and found plenty of inspiration in an old, but wonderful challenge thread: First Sentence Challenge This particular sentence is from 2005 and provided me with the most interesting challenge to write in first person - something I'm not a fan of so hopefully I did okay. :p

As the headache began to subside, the random images of strangers offering congratulations, orchestral music paired with lovely flowers and that familiar voice that echoed my own 'I do's' flitted through my mind and I was unable to stop their assault.

?I am a married man.?

I shuddered at the thought as I pushed the heavy blankets aside and struggled into a sitting position, forcing the images from last night?s wedding and celebration feast from my mind. ?What?s done is done?

?Master? Master??

I looked at the door to the honeymoon suite in horror at the sound of my padawan?s voice. The last thing I needed to deal with right now was Anakin.

Closing my eyes, I quickly threw up every mental block I?d ever learned, hoping to shield my presence. ?A little more time,? I whispered in a desperate plea to the Force. ?I just need a little more time to formulate a reasonable explanation for my actions?please.?

I cursed softly as the door slid open.

?There you are!? Anakin strode into the room, his eyes traveling from my half dressed form to the still one, lightly snoring next to me. I watched in amusement as his eyes bulged and his mouth dropped open in shock.

?I?I?I?m sorry,? he murmured, his face reddening as he backed towards the door. ?I didn?t realize you and Master Tachi?,? he stopped suddenly as the figure next to me began to stretch and he caught sight of the curls of her raven hair.

Any other time, I would have enjoyed the sight of my normally boisterous and nosy padawan stunned into silence and had the situation not been so delicate, I would have even chided him unmercifully but now was most definitely not the time.

?Anakin, I think it would be best if I met you on the ship,? I began, my tone leaving no room for argument.

?Ye..yeah?okay.? Anakin turned to leave as my bride?s eyes fluttered open.

?How did my husband sleep last night?? she whispered softly, resting one hand on my arm.

I groaned as Anakin stopped dead in his tracks.

?YOU?RE MARRIED?? He exclaimed, whirling around as my new wife bolted upright.

?Who is that?? she gasped, desperately pulling the blanket up to her chin.

I sighed. This was not how I imagined breaking the news. ?Anakin Skywalker, my wife, Princess Lierra.?

?Heir to the Gallinoran throne??

The corners of my mouth twitched. ?Yes.?

His eyes widened as he struggled to regain his composure. ?A?ple?pleasure to meet you,? he finally stammered.

Lierra merely nodded, demurely lowering her eyes.

?I?ll see you on the ship,? I repeated with a wave of my hand.

Anakin didn?t reply, quickly spinning on his heel and rushing from the room, thankfully closing the door behind him.

?I apologize for the interruption,? I offered with a soft smile.

?You did say he was brash,? Lierra laughed, tossing the blanket aside and rising to her feet.

?That he is,? I acknowledged.

?I suppose you need to get going,? she continued, walking to my side of the bed.

?Yes.? I paused to gaze into her gentle blue eyes. ?Will you be all right now??

She nodded with a mischievous smile. ?No one will dare harm the wife of a Jedi.?

?Good.? Cupping her chin in my hand, I continued, ?if you ever need anything, all you have to do is call. If I can?t come, someone else will.?

?I will,? she promised. ?And thank you. Your sacrifice will not go unrewarded.?

I stiffened, the mention of a reward making me suddenly uncomfortable. ?It was hardly a sacrifice,? I mumbled, reaching for my tunic.

?I hope y

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Entertaining piece. I enjoyed reading it.

[face_peace]

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I liked very much.

As for Siri - she's a Jedi. She'd eventually understand. I think.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, I think she'll understand. However, I don't think she'll miss the opportunity to tease him unmercifully about the situation. [face_mischief]

Great vig, btw. Very enjoyable.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hi Kelia,

Do you think this qualify under challenge fic?
    Or do you think it would fit better under new stories?

edit:

<Indiana Jones> You betrayed Siriwan <Indiana Jones> ]-}:p

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Obi-Wan got hitched. :eek: I think I was surprised as Anakin was. :p Fantastic vignette. =D=

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I wonder if he was dreaming that he was holding Siri in his arms and saying 'I Do' wishing it was Siri.o_O

I liked it, but Siri on the other hand may not be so agreeable.:p

Great Kelia.=D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now Obi-Wan has a secret;)

And what will Anakin do? The same?

Nice vignette=D=

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Woah, that was unexpected!! But a very interesting idea...

Great vignette!=D=

10. Eriu

Eriu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2010
    An interesting read, and an enjoyable one. Obi-Wan was well written. And though we may never know Siri's reaction, it's fun to imagine :)

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, that was... unexpected. :p Enjoyed it very much! I liked seeing Obi-Wan get hitched in a way that works with the Jedi code. ;) Very interesting! :)

Oh, and wait till Siri hears the news... [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

12. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Cool story! Just like Obi-Wan to get married purely to protect someone. I like the first person, it definitely worked well for the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.