main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends An unexpected proposal - (AU, Thrawn/Leia) - 01/25/08: Chapter Five up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alkibiades, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicToo

MagicToo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2007
    It's been very interesting. Good luck with the sequel!

2. Julia-Wan

Julia-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I agree 100% :p

I loved this story and i have no negative say about it [:D]

3. Darth_Thoth

Darth_Thoth Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    A very original idea and i liked it, Well thought up and good grammar. I will be looking forward to more.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Allrighty, here we go:

except, of course, for the fact that the perfect Imperial officer was human.

*snicker* Wonderful line. ;)

Behind him was the straight figure of a human Imperial officer, an older man and recently promoted Commodore in Thrawn?s fleet. His name was Pellaeon, and he had been Thrawn?s second in command aboard the Chimaera. He did not look as perfect as Thrawn himself did, but there wasn?t much of a difference; the man had obviously served a lifetime under Imperial discipline. When Thrawn had introduced her to his best man a few weeks ago, she had taken a liking to the grizzled Commodore.

I like this description of Pellaeon - allthough for me it's amusing to see him with the rank of Commadore, even though it's a great rank for him. I'm a huge Pirates of the Carribean fan. And now I'm doing a Pellaeon = Norrington in my head. :p

He had told her he had commanded an independent Picket Force when her father was still a Padawan; he was currently fifty-eight standard years old. He had explained to her that he would not show signs of ages for another twenty years at least, and that it had to do with Chiss physiology.

Makes sense, but mentally creepy for her, I bet. It'll be funny to have a husband whos a few decades older than her, who'll look younger than her in the years to come. :)

Somewhere in the back of the room stood the inevitable Noghri, who had been much pleased to meet her and Luke, calling them the Lord and Lady Vader.

I love the Noghri, and they weren't given much screen time in the books after the Zhan trillogy, which was always peculiliar to me. Glad to see you're including them here. Would Thrawn be getting stabbed in the back by Rukh? ;) [face_whistling]

He had handled little Jacen carefully, supporting and softly stroking his little head, which Jacen had silently allowed. Jaina had been more alert, and reaching for the strange red glow that was his right eye, had poked one of her tiny hands into it. Thrawn, to his credit, had simply closed it and after a few moments Jaina found his epaulette more interesting.

Aww [face_love] , and great description for the twins - calm Jacen and curious Jaina. Well . . . until LoTF, that is.

She had enjoyed the planning massively ? contrary to Han, Thrawn had been a great help.

I can see that. [face_laugh]

The crushing usually consisted of Mara going in getting the ringleaders and Daala swiftly and solemnly condemning them to death and having them executed on the spot.

[face_laugh] LOL, I can so see that! I'm a huge Mara fan, and will gladly take whatever role she has to play in this. [face_love]

She tried to get a reading on Thrawn. She wasn?t too proficient at Force probing, but he shone with calmness and control, as he always did. Nothing changed, she thought. Why is he not nervous?

I think he's nervous - just good at hiding it in his Thrawn-like way. ;)

?I present to you: Thrawn and Leia Nuruodo!?

I like that more than I ever thought I would. Maybe in time this will be more than a political alliance too. [face_love] I'm a sucker for mush and all that crap.

Now, for your questions:

1) Should I start the sequel in a new thread, or should I continue in this one?

I think a new thread would be appropriate. It shows a mark between this and a sequeal.

2) Of the scenes you have read, what did you like best? The dialogue? Leia & Thrawn interacting? Descriptions? Leia's thinking?

I love your dialogue. Your grasp of the characters is wonderful and I thuroughly enjoy reading them.

3) And what did you dislike most? What would you have cut, what would you have done differently? Was there a part that was clumsy, unnatural, or simply horrible?

I didn't really dislike anything. :)

4) Is there anyone who would like to be my beta? That would include: commenting on the story outline I have, and pre-reading the chapters I write and mak

5. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    Thanks! Thank you for reading and replying, and for responding to my questions.

I'll keep it in mind.

Hmmm... Patience? Really, I don't know about that myself... Write what you know about? [face_blush]

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed.

Thanks for reading and replying! [:D]

New reader! Welcome! [:D] I'm glad you like it! Thanks for reading and replying!

Ahh, a review. Thanks! [:D][:D]

I see what you mean; I like Pellaeon too. Keep in mind, though, that Commodore is a pretty lowly rank in the Imperial Navy. I need him to rise the ranks slowly; in the Thrawn Trilogy he is a Captain or Captain of the Line, and when he serves Daala, he is Vice Admiral. As the hierarchy is Captain - Captain of the Line - Commodore - Rear Admiral - Vice Admiral, he needs a few promotions (and how exactly did he become a Grand Admiral?). But yeah, I just love Pellaeon; ancient veteran and all that.

Well, actually, Thrawn's age is a bit of a stretch; we know he was Picket Force commander in 29 BBY. If we equate Picket Force commander with Commodore, and pick Thrawn aged 20 there, that means he joined the Chiss naval academy at age ten, completed it in four years, and then made six promotions (sub-Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Commander, Captain, Captain of the Line, Commodore) in as many years - that is still somewhat fast, isn't it?

Thrawn's Noghri will play a role in this, and Thrawn will be doing some expectedly unexpected things...

6. 333

333 Jedi Master

Feb 29, 2004
    I just found this fic and its awesome! I would have never thought a thrawn/leia pairing could work, but it does. Everyone is very believable. Great job! Update soon.

7. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    New reader! [:D] Welcome!

I'm glad you like it, and thanks for reading and replying! [:D]

Alkibiades

8. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    *delurks* I loved it ... Thrawn/Leia is about the weirdest pairing I've ever seen ... in a good way. And this is only the second political marriage story I've seen on here. Looks like the twins approve of their stepfather quite nicely. Knowing Thrawn, though, he's already planned Jacen and Jaina's futures to a certain extent. Can't wait for the next part.

1. Keep the sequel here.
    2. Thrawn's meeting with the New Republic delegates was awesome ... especially how you captured his casual omniscience.
    3. I can't think of anything ...
    4. Seeing that I'm so busy that I haven't updated any of my own pieces since June, I can't help you.

9. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    [:D] Welcome! I'm glad you like it!
    Oh? Do you know where the first one is? I would be interested.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Wait and see...

Thank you, I'll keep it mind. Casual omniscience, indeed. A genius is fun to write.

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Alkibiades

10. Julia-Wan

Julia-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I forgot last time I posted: PM please [face_batting]

11. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    You PM'ed - you're on the list. You can find the list in the first post, by the way.

And a shout out to everyone: this is not dead! I'm plotting, planning, writing and keeping my beta busy. Planning out an Alternate Universe with a weird 'ship that should make sense is somewhat hard - that's all.

Expect the first post of the sequel in one to three weeks.

Yours, Alkibiades

12. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Wow!!!! This was a very interesting story, in a good way!!=D==D==D==D=
    Keep the sequel here! And add me to the PM list too!
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

13. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Thanks, JediNat! I'm glad you liked what you saw. ;)

You're on the PM list, too.

Yours, Alkibiades

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Alkibiades

I know this is a very weird idea, but I couldn't get rid of it.

What gives you the idea that Thrawn and Leia are a weird idea? there are more weird pairings :p

Chapter One
    Guest or Prisoner?

She wished Han were still alive; he would've got her out of here ? she was sure of it. If not for his superior piloting skills, he would have thought of some extremely stupid and risky plan with nothing but his Corellian luck to carry it through.

:eek: :eek: NOOOO!!!! You killed Han?! How? When? :eek: :eek:

She then heard the Imperials drilling through the Falcon's hull.

That just hurts

Her last thought was that she was glad C'baoth was dead. Then, everything went black.

Poor Leia

~~~

?Drink? he said, reaching her a glass of water. Realizing how dry her throat was, she tried to take it over, but her hands were still shaky, and he brought it to her lips instead, allowing her to take small sips. His red eyes glanced over the chronometer on the side of her bed. ?It will take a few minutes for the effects of the drugs to wear off,? he said. ?I will leave you when you have recovered full use of your body, and send someone in to help you refresh and dress yourself. I expect you to be hungry after a day of unconsciousness, so we will have dinner when you are dressed. Afterwards, we will have a long talk. I will come to get you in twenty minutes.? He turned, walking towards the door. She tried to ask him something, incoherent sounds escaping her throat. He guessed her question, however: ?And in case you wondered, I am Grand Admiral Thrawn.?

He nothing left out of question
    Somehow I had to think about The Beauty and the Beast while reading those lines ? Thrawn is certainly not a beast :p but still and has certainly better manners ;)
    :D

He continued, ignoring her sarcastic smile while she put her empty cup down. ?I have always believed in Intelligence. With enough knowledge, everything is possible. Lately, my networks have found a number of rather disconcerting things.?

o_O

He poured two glasses of a light, Alderaanian wine. ?I have been trying to recall the Imperial Navy, but someone is overruling me. Who do you think that could that be? Who could overrule me? I am the last of the Grand Admirals.

Well, maybe some human who does not accept an alien to be the boss

Firstly, the Emperor survived in one way or another.? Leia bolted up, spilling some of the wine on the sleeve of her dress.

Mhh?

Well, Leia?s dress is not perfectly white anymore :p

?Clone, maybe. Secondly, he is insane. He must be alive, because he is the only one able to overrule me, and secondly, he must be insane because he no longer trusts me. It happened to C'baoth, it must have happened to him too. He knew me to well; he knew I would remain loyal to him. This is a clear sign that his paranoia has got the better of him. That gives me a clear mandate. I rule the Empire now. Not some insane Emperor.?

He has a clear concept of who is insane and who is not ;)

Leia, regaining her composure, heard him continue. ?As I told you, my loyalties shifted from the Emperor to the Empire. There is another threat, however, which made me shift my loyalties from the Empire to the entire civilized galaxy.? He took another sip of his wine, and started pacing.

The Yuuzhan Vong [face_thinking]

?Are you sure?? she asked. ?Absolutely sure? he said. She felt that all he said was true. ?Let me see.? She said. ?You say there are two threats in the near future: Firstly, an insane Palpatine, and secondly these Yuuzhan Vong.?

That is an interesting combination of treats :p

His first show of emotion, she thought. ?Have you thought of something?? she asked. ?I have,? Thrawn said. ?I have thought long about this. I know this is not as common amongst your people as it is amongst mine. I think a political marriage is the only way.?

It is not uncommon, no? royals married royals to ensure peace an

15. Anyara

Anyara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2006
    A thoroughly fascinating bit of work - well written, and a pairing I've not seen before. You've really captured everybody; there aren't many who can write something AU with the major players in it and get the characterisations as well as you have. If this is your first story, then I look forward to seeing many more!

Any chance of me getting added to the PM list, please?

Meran'yar'akari

16. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Maggy:
    Greatly done =D=
    Looking forward to the next book :D
    Maybe you can drop me a PM when you decide to post it? Please?

Thank you for the review! And for the reply. You're on the PM list. Thanks! :D

And I'll respond in full to your review later - again, thank you for taking the time to review this - but at the moment, I'm quite pressed for time.

Anyara:
    A thoroughly fascinating bit of work - well written, and a pairing I've not seen before. You've really captured everybody; there aren't many who can write something AU with the major players in it and get the characterisations as well as you have.

:D Thank you, thank you. *bows*

If this is your first story, then I look forward to seeing many more!

And hopefully, you will! At the moment, DRL is pressing on my center, front, rear and both flanks, but once I'm through my examination weeks, I'll get on with it and start posting. At the moment, the plot provides for five sequels, all with their very own subplot/act, (keeping with Aristotle :p ) which just beg to be written. And yeah, I am more than a trifle ambitious. ;) But, I've got an excellent beta, and I'm sure I'll make it!

Any chance of me getting added to the PM list, please?

Done!

Yours, Alkibiades

17. Narya_Huntress

Narya_Huntress Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    I just read your fic. I really liked it. will there be more soon? Thrawn is one of my favorite characters, and I love reading stuff where he isn't a bad guy, or if he is, he is a likeable one.Can I be on the pm list too please?

18. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I like this very much.

1st: I love how you've cast Thrawn. I see no difference between him in the canon books and in this fic.

2nd: I appreciate that you put research time into this. Few writers do, but it makes the story so much more enjoyable/believable, considering we're talk science fanfiction.

3rd: Interesting concept. I think I'm going to like this couple, and the events that follow.

4th: Who wouldn't love the thought of Thrawn vs Palpy and the Vong?

In short, please continue with a sequel, and I would love to get some PM's.

[face_peace]

Raptor517

19. Narya_Huntress

May 1, 2008
    When are you going to update, or start posting the sequel? please do it soon, I'm enjoying this story.

20. Alkibiades

Dec 15, 2007
    Narya_Huntress: Thanks for the kind comments.

Raptor517:
    I like this very much.
    Good, good. :)

I love how you've cast Thrawn. I see no difference between him in the canon books and in this fic.
    [face_blush] Why, thanks! In profic, though, there are three sorts of Thrawns, really. There is the evil genius from Zahn's first three books, then, from Outbound Flight and the three pre-NJO books we see a much more multidimensional Thrawn, someone deeply concerned with loyalty and duty to the Chiss and the wider galaxy. And there is the sort of superhuman-Imperial_Commander-Commando we are presented with in Tatooine Ghost and some of the comics... I am going with the latest of Zahn's interpretations, I hope...

I appreciate that you put research time into this. Few writers do, but it makes the story so much more enjoyable/believable, considering we're talk science fanfiction.
    I agree. Although it takes quite some time, it eventually pays off. And I like to follow the canon universe as much as posssible.

In short, please continue with a sequel, and I would love to get some PM's.
    You're on the list!

Narya_Huntress:
    I am still working on it. I am through my exam period, but another one is rapidly approaching, and I don't want to post before I'm done. You will get PM's when I start posting, though.

Yours, Alkibiades

21. Narya_Huntress

May 1, 2008
    YAY!!! Thankyou!!! I also like the way you portrayed Thrawn. Personally, I like him best in Outbound Flight because we get to see that he's actually a nice alien, not an evil one. I think your Thrawn is more nice than evil, which is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.