main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An unexpected surprise... but a welcome one.

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Today I went to Parmatown Mall to get the TPM novelization from Waldenbooks (I know it's been out 3 years but I haven't gotten around to buying it til now), and while I was there I got this feeling like I should go to Kay-Bee Toys. I did, and there was a fellow fan from New York at the SW section. He says, hey, look at this, and shows me a Dooku and a bunch of Hanger Duel Anakins. I almost needed a change of underwear. He was surprised when I told him that both figures were rare in this area along with Yoda, another figure he had just picked up recently cuz it was rare there too. So I bought Dooku (staying in packaging) and 2 Anakins (1 to keep in packaging, one to take out). They had red marking clonetroopers, which aren't exactly rare, but not too common either. There was no Pilot Obi-Wan (I heard Krash talk about this one at Celebration 2.5) or the other one I want (Aayla Secura, Amy Allen is soooooo hot; is Aayla going to be in Collection 2?), but they did have Captain Typho. So the Collection 2 series is starting to hit the shelves. Where's my Aayla?!

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I went to Kay-bee about two hours ago or so and I saw Hanger Anakin's still. Most of it was gone but that was there. Random I didn't know Amy was getting a figure I have not seen anything on Hasbro site.

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Umm...I could have sold you one of my 2 dooku's dude.

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I was reading on TOS something about from EU to the screen, bringing Aayla Secura to life from the comic. It said something about Amy having a figure in the works to be released later.

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Well on Hasbro the it goes to about November I think and it doesn't have her on it. Maybe for next year. But I went to Wal-mart over the weekend and found Teemto and he is one of the lower names on hasbro to be released. Maybe she is coming up soon.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Here's the link Emily:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/feature/20020618/indexp3.html

The quote says:
    "From national magazines, to additional comic book appearances, to an upcoming action figure, Aayla's exposure continued to grow."

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, Aayla is going to complete the cycle of a SW character: EU book/comics, movie, and now action figure. Hopefully, she won't be too difficult to find (exclusives or just scalper-scum grabbing all of them)

Now, she's someone I could see being a "fan's choice" figure; not those obscure Cantina or Jabba's palace characters they're coming up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.