main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends An Unlocked Soul -- OC's, Kyp/OC (AU) -- Completed 01/02/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: An Unlocked Soul
    Author(s): Ceillean
    Timeframe: 13 ABY
    Characters: Kyp Durron, OC's
    Genre: Romance/Action
    Notes: The OC I'm working with here, I developed almost 15 years ago. I thought it was about time to introduce her to the boards, since she's my first OC ever.

[image=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/Ceillean/AnUnlockedSoul.jpg]

PM list
    The_Pied_Piper
    iamobiwan1970
    jadesabre75
    Robimus
    angry_bendu1
    ccp
    Spyman290
    JediKyle23
    SenniKiffu
    Ubersue

[b][color=crimson][i]For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
    ~ Ivan Panin[/i][/color][/b]

[color=crimson]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/color]

Just to feel normal for a little while, Kyp Durron drew his dark cloak around himself, hiding the silver hilt of his lightsaber as he slowly walked along a high bridge that connected two towers to one another. It was mid day on Coruscant and as he turned to gaze through the transparasteel that encompassed the bridge, he took in various forms of transportation hovering within the traffic lanes.

Coruscant was busy, as usual.

He walked on, hands linked together beneath his cloak, his mind wandering further into the depths of his consciousness with every step he took.

Recently knighted, Kyp had decided on a private vacation for himself, without any of his Jedi colleagues and friends to accompany him. His life had taken a drastic change when he was admitted to the academy and at the beginning of his training, Kyp had felt as if he could be someone special, someone who could make a difference, if given the chance.

But as life could throw huge stones in ones way, things didn?t go exactly according to what Kyp had planned.

Still he was proud of himself to have come this far, to now finally have the right to call himself a Jedi Knight. But it had been a hard and difficult road and all he craved at this very moment was a few days of peace and quiet.

He walked on, the hood of his robe covering his chin length dark hair. Only few people crossed his way as he slowly moved towards a large gathering area. Within one of the towers, there was a large glass plateau where anyone and everyone could mingle; there were a few cafés and various restaurants, ranging from native Coruscanti food to interesting and yet unappetizing alien meals.

A large, beautiful silver and crystal fountain stood within the middle of the plateau, its water splashing into a large, oval and intricately designed basin of the most beautiful material Kyp had ever seen. The surface gleamed with drops of cool water and the surroundings were reflected as if the stone were a mirror in itself. Plants of all forms and sizes stood around the plateau and it smelled of caf and various food stuffs.

Kyp liked coming here; the normality was soothing.

He walked on and sat down on the ledge of the basin, one hand gently touching the surface of the cool, clear water. He closed his green eyes as he focused his senses, moving his hand back and forth, relishing the feel of the liquid enveloping his hand.

With a quiet sigh he pulled back, sweeping his gaze around the plateau and watching humans as well as aliens pass him by. There were no familiar faces; the only few people he knew that lived in the capitol were Han Solo and his family

2. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    This is great Ceillean, it shows great internal POV from Kyp, and what I could imagine his thoughts were at that part of his life.

Coruscant was a great place to pick as a gettaway vacation, I'd imagine...especially after having been in the jungle for so long. [face_laugh

Liz is a fantastic OC. =D= And I love the fact that shes a social worker; the world definately needs more of them.

I liked Kyp's instant attraction to her both on a physical level and an intellectual level..because both - obviously - are very important.

And the way you ended it with the light cheeck-kiss at the door was classic. Perfect! :D

Is there more of this, or was it a one shot? [face_thinking]

Great Job!

~Kick :)

3. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I'm very excited about this new story!!!!! I like Liz already, and her career choice will hopefully give her the needed compassion when dealing with Kyp. He's so adorable here! You realize, but the way you have included his internal dialogue, he seems like an 18 year old. Very believable.

A large, beautiful silver and crystal fountain stood within the middle of the plateau, its water splashing into a large, oval and intricately designed basin of the most beautiful material Kyp had ever seen. The surface gleamed with drops of cool water and the surroundings were reflected as if the stone were a mirror in itself. Plants of all forms and sizes stood around the plateau and it smelled of caf and various food stuffs.

Kyp liked coming here; the normality was soothing.

That description said alot about his personality. He seems really in love with simple things, but in a way after everything he's been through this love is about him being greatful he is alive and moving forward.

CAn't wait to hear Han's advice. Poor Kyppie must be a bit socially challenged about women.

4. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Woo Hoo! Kyppie's got a date! LOL I loved the insight into Kyp's pshyche. And Liz is a gem! LOL Can't wait to see what happens when they meet again.

Great Job!

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks, Sab! Glad you like it so far.

[:D]

I was going for a young Kyp. First normal and every day experiences in the outside world without the Jedi. It's a small thing I keep missing in canon.

I had to laugh just now. Socially challenged. I think Han could really give him all the advice he'd need. To an extent of course.

There's more. I have half this thing planned out already. :p Thanks to mushy romance novels I've been reading recently.

Glad you like her.

I agree. I like digging up the other sides of Star Wars; the "normal" sides, that you don't get to see in canon. And I'm pretty sure there's great need of social workers on Coruscant.

[face_blush] I wish I could be Liz. :D

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I've never written Han before. So I hope he's okay.

Han Solo, former smuggler and General, sat down on the overly large sofa in the living area, a tray with snacks and a large bottle of beer on the table before him.

His children were sleeping soundlessly in their rooms and Leia was still off in a meeting with idiotic politicians. He made a face as he grabbed the remote sensor to the entertainment system. Although he honestly missed his wife, during the times she was gone, he could catch up on Smashball tournaments.

[i]The Corellian Dreadnaughts[/i] were doing well this season, having kicked the [i]Infuriated Savages[/i] to hell and back.

Han leaned back as the game started, opening a bottle of fizzing beer and planting his naked feet on the table.

This was good. This was blissfully perfect.

He smirked as he took a long gulp of the bitter liquid, the sensation soothing as it ran down his throat.

He straightened up as the game began, hoping against hope that the Dreadnaughts would win this game as well. He had a bet running with Lando and it would put an enormous dent in his ego, if he?d lose.

Again.

Thirty minutes into the game the door buzzer sounded and Han frowned. It wasn?t too late but hardly anyone came to his private lair at this time unless something was up. He jumped to his feet and palmed the lock.

As the door swished aside, Kyp Durron stood in front of him with a big, fat grin on his face. He raised his hand in a wave and without a second thought, Han gathered the younger man into a fierce Wookie hug.

?Han?? Kyp coughed, patting the older man?s back, ?Can?t breathe.?

Han let him go, a smile on his face as he moved aside to let Kyp enter.

The young man took a look about the apartment, arching a brow, ?Did Leia decorate the place?? he asked, as his eyes darted around the room. A dark red rug beneath his booted feet made the room seem smaller; various paintings ? no doubt Alderaanian ? were attached to the walls and in the back Kyp caught sight of a small, extraordinarily ugly statue but he bit back a comment.

A long hallway branched off from the living area and Kyp knew from previous visits that the children?s rooms and a huge refresher were back that way.

The last time Kyp had been to Han?s place, the living area had been scarcely furnished. A large dark sofa stood beneath the viewport, pillows of the same color littering the area. A small table stood beside the sofa, a complex built lamp standing atop it.

Han motioned for Kyp to take a seat, ?She has her moments.? He cleared his throat, dialing down the volume of the Smashball game, ?So kid, how long have you been here??
    ?Just arrived this morning.?

Han?s eyes widened and he made a face of being hurt but kept the smirk in place, ?And it took you until now to come see me?? He shook his head, ?I am appalled.?

Kyp laughed, ?I had some things to do.? He paused as Han?s gaze swept towards the entertainment system. Kyp knew the game but hadn?t been interested in sport activities too much. According to the announcer, the Corellian Dreadnaughts seemed to be in the lead and Kyp noted Han?s stance stiffen as one of the players neared the goal.

?You betting again??

Han nodded and suddenly jumped to his feet as the Dreadnaughts scored, ?Sixty more minutes of this and I might actually win the bet this time.? His grin reached his dark brown eyes as he plopped back down, ?How long are you staying, kid??

Kyp shrugged, ?A few days. I needed to get away from the jungle a little while.?
    ?Is Luke being too hard on you??

Kyp waved the remark away, ?Don?t get me wrong, I?m completely grateful for the chance Master Skywalker?s given me but?? he sighed, ?I still feel like it?s not enough. As if there?s more inside me and I just can?t let loose.?

?You?ll get the hang of it, kid. I know you will.?

Kyp smiled and nodded at the older man. He considered Han to be more than just a very good friend; if life got rough, Han would be there to help Kyp out, to pick him back up. Han was the father Kyp har

7. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    OMG! I couldn't keep the smile off my face while reading this post. I love these two!

I was not surprised at Han's reaction either. LOL Priceless.

Great job! Mush soon?
    :D

8. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Han was perfect. Loved how you described his perfect evening! I can see him into sports, for the betting, and i can see Kyp not into sports. It's too "jock-like" and Kyp never seemed like the kind of guy who'd hang with the jocks.

I found Kyp to be cute too. I can see why Han did. I hope he gave him a lecture on safe sex ! [face_blush] Just kidding, I really can't see Han being able to!!! His advice was so minimal, Kyp's going to just have to figure it out himself.

As for Liz, hmmm, intriguing little tease with her scar and how she got it. Hmmmm...

Can't wait for more of this one. Thanks for dealving into the world of "young Kyp"

9. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I loved the update, My Dear.

The Kyp/Han scene was perfect. Han Solo on the couch drinking beer, can't beat that. ;)

I loved Liz' POV about Kyp...and her wondering mind. Hopefully we'll see them together again soon. [face_whistling]

Kick :)

It's great, keep it up!

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Ceillean, I've mentioned it before but must again. Your stuff is just awesome! :) I love your descriptions and your usage of Kyp as a ladies man of sorts through many of your stories. I normally have trouble stomaching the "mushy stuff" :p in fiction but your works always seem to hit just the right notes for me. I never would have thought I'd ever like a straight Star Wars romance till I looked at An Unlocked Soul and An Uncertain Path. Keep up the awesome work!

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

:D Mush soon. Although not too much, but I'm getting there.
    I'm soooo glad Han was okay. Never written any Han before.

Thanks so much for reading! [:D]

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It was a fancy restaurant, Kyp thought, and he hadn?t expected the place to feel so comfortable. Above their table hung a small, white chandelier that threw interesting shadows on the floor. A middle piece with purple and blue flowers stood between them, a sweet scent in the air.

As they sat opposite one another they grew quiet, the awkwardness palpable. After the waiter left with their order, Liz broke the ice with starting light conversation about the news, about the weather, about anything just to get Kyp talking.

And it worked; Liz was fully satisfied when she finally made him smile.

?What?s the most fantastic thing you?ve seen so far?? she suddenly asked. Their first meals were brought to the table, with two crystal glasses filled with water.

Kyp supposed she was hoping for a destination, a planet or an object he had seen on his trips from planet to planet. But the most fantastic thing he?d so far seen was now sitting right in front of him. He took a bite of various colorful fruits and shrugged, ?Coruscant is actually the one planet that took my breath away.? He said in a low voice, taking a sip from his glass, ?It?s the exact opposite from what I?d known before I came here.?

?What was you home planet like?? she asked, plucking around on her plate while her dark eyes watched him. It had been years since he?d last been to Deyer colony; he had thought about visiting his old home many times already, but was afraid of unwanted memories resurfacing.

?I haven?t been there in a while.? His voice was low as he laid his fork aside, folding his hands in front of him on the table, ?Uh?Deyer is a water world. When I was still kid, my brother and I would go out swimming after school. My Mom was furious when we got home dripping wet.? A small, yet sad smile played over his face, ?We lived in the capitol, Feiya. Just a small little house that my family could call its own.?

?It sounds beautiful.?

Kyp didn?t answer; instead he drank from his glass. Liz leaned forward a little and he tried not to clear his throat as his eyes seemed to automatically drift to her cleavage. She had chosen to wear a rather tight, dark-blue shirt that hugged her lithe form perfectly. But it rattled him and he felt his cheeks burn.

?I?d like to see something more than this.? She said, her hand taking in their surroundings, ?I was born here, I grew up here and now I?m honestly sick of this place.?

?Where would you like to go?? Kyp asked, taking another bite of a bright red fruit that tasted both sweet and extraordinarily sour. He tried not to make a face.

Liz shrugged, ?A place where nature still dominates the planet. A place where flowers grow on their own, a place that has beautiful green trees and a place from where I can actually look up to the stars.?

Kyp didn?t do well hiding his smile and Liz narrowed her eyes, ?Sounds stupid, doesn?t it?? she asked, setting down her glass.

?Not at all.? He paused before continuing, ?I know the perfect place.?
    Her dark gaze shifted towards him and she inclined her head just a little, ?What do you mean??
    ?Well, if you?d like I could take you to a nature dominated planet for a few days. As a little get away from the hectic city life.?

His heart leapt into his throat as her smiled reached her eyes. She leaned back in her chair and nodded her head once, ?I?d like that very much.?

The rest of the afternoon they walked through Coruscant?s shopping area; they talked about everything that came to mind and Kyp was surprised he could open up so easily. She seemed highly interested in Jedi training in general and he was happy to answer her questions.
    It later turned into something of a game; one question for a question.

They ventured into a large shopping center, standing side by side atop a bridge, watching various pedestrians pass by.

?Do you have family here?? Kyp asked, leaning on the banister with his elbows, his gaze fixed on Liz. She shook her head, ?They moved a few years ago.?

?Why didn?t you leave with them??

Liz smiled sheepishly, ?It?s my turn to

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    First

Off to Sunday School. I'll be back Ceill. :)

Kick

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    :* [face_worried] Man, please don't let Liz freak out when she finds out who he is. That would suck.

Awesome chapter! I love your imagery! I think Kyp is gonna get some Nookie, as Piper calls it.

18. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Though I don't think of this as a"cute" story [sayting that somehow cheapens the quality of writing that you have put forth here]. It is "cute" to read of Kyp's nervousness in these early parts to the relationship. You've done a good job sdescribing each scene [though they could have been longer`only cause i want more]=D=

Poor Kyp! I eally wonder what Liz will think when she learns the truth. :(

BTW, I pictured the bar very clearly. Good description.

I like seeing SW characters in ordinary places.

19. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Nice story. I like seeing Kyp like this.

20. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Wow, great story!:)

Liz is very sweet, and it's nice to get into Kyp's head for a change.

Great job, and if you have a pm list please add me!:D

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Thank you! And thanks so much for stopping by to read!

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    As the door slid shut behind Liz, she leaned against it with a smile on her face. Kyp had left her with his good-night kiss lingering on her lips. She burned the memory into her mind, closing her eyes and relishing in the sensation his touches conjured up. A tingling went up and down her skin, tendrils of warmth enveloping her as she remembered the softness, the heat of that last kiss.

The smile not leaving her face, she kicked her shoes off and flung her coat over the sofa. It was sometime past one in the morning and although she was tired, there was no way she would be able to sleep. She decided on a long shower and while the warm water ran down her back, massaging her muscles, her imagination ran wild.

She wondered what his hands would feel like on her bare skin, trailing from her shoulder blades down her spine. She thought about his full, soft lips kissing the sensitive skin around her belly, his hands gently exploring her body?

Liz took a deep breath, shutting off the water and hurrying to get dressed. She slandered into the kitchen area, poking her head into the conservator. Grocery shopping was on the very top of her list of least favorite things to do but as she moved half empty glasses and jars around, she made a note to do just that when she got up.

With a sigh, she decided to warm up leftovers from the day before, a vegetable soup one of her colleagues had brought over. It tasted okay and it definitely beat cooking herself.
    Plopping down on the sofa, her feet perched on the table in front of her, she switched on the Entertainment System. After zapping through music channels and stopping to watch the news for a few minutes, she found herself drawn to a romance movie. The pair in the film was atop each other in an instant, aggressively fondling one another and Liz caught herself imaging herself with Kyp.

With a slight chuckle, she switched the channel, her cheeks burning. She hadn?t felt like this about anyone in a very long time and to think she?d only met him the day before! She felt like a teenager again and she hoped the feeling would last a while longer.

Liz got to her feet, setting the bowl on the counter in the kitchen area, when the door chime sounded. She glanced at the chrono hanging over the entrance and let a frown crease her forehead. It was almost three in the morning. She debated whether to even open the door, not knowing who?d come see her at this time. But when the chime sounded again and again and again, she sighed and palmed the lock.

Tye stood before her, his blond hair disheveled, his eyes bloodshot as he stared at her. ?Did I wake you?? he asked, his voice hoarse as he moved passed Liz.

Liz arched a dark brow, ?Is everything alright??

He stopped in the middle of the living area, eyeing her preciously decorated interior. Tye smelled strongly of ale and the stench suddenly made her feel nauseous.

?That really does depend, doesn?t it?? He laughed suddenly, a dark sound that made a shiver run down her spine.

?Why are you here, Tye? It?s getting late. You should go home.?

He whirled around suddenly, jabbing a finger at her, ?Do you have any idea who he is??
    It didn?t take an idiot to know Tye was talking about Kyp and Liz didn?t like it at all. ?Go home, Tye. I?m not in the mood right now.? She moved away from the door, just about to palm the lock again, when Tye grabbed her wrist, ?He?s a murderer.?

Liz shrugged him off, backing up a step, narrowing her eyes. She didn?t want to listen to him rant in his drunken state but there wasn?t really that much she could do. Tye stood at least three heads taller than Liz and she was certain he could hurt her badly with just one move.

Although she couldn?t imagine Tye ever doing so, she didn?t trust him when he was drunk.
    ?He killed so many people, Liz.? With every step Liz backed up, Tye came closer, his eyes dark, filled with anger, ?Did you know that? Your precious little Jedi boyfriend is a killer.?

Liz swallowed visibly and shook her head, ?You don?t know what you?re talking about.?
    Tye laughed, ?I k

23. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Kyp's gonna get some nookie, Kyp's gonna get some nookie!

Okay, now that I'm done channeling Piper...AWESOME CHAPTER! :D I loved how Kyp was able to sense her distress and went running to her. I love mush in the morning.

So, wonder if she's gonna freak in the morning when she realizes that he did kill all those people. Man, I hope not.

Great job!

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great chapter!
    It's seems Liz might not be revealing all form her past as well.

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.