main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY An Update/I'm Still Alive!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by MusicalNeko, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Hey everyone, just wanted to put up a quick post to give everyone an update, since I know I've been lurking/silent on the boards the last few weeks!

So first off, I am very happy to say that I finally was able to get my own place after the fire. As some of you might know, I had been living with my boyfriend at his mother's house since the fire, while I got back on my feet. After a lot of searching, and a VERY lengthy income verification process, I can happily say that Bob and I are now residents of the Artspace lofts! We live right down the hall from Jake, actually in his and Lindsey's old apartment - funny enough! Bob and I have spent the last few weeks slowly getting our stuff over to the apartment, and we've been living in the apartment full time for the last two weeks or so. We love it - though our cats are a little freaked out, River won't come out from under the covers most of the time!

Secondly, as many of you may or may not know, I finally got the Genius position I have been working towards at the Apple store! With it, of course (aside from the cool title) comes a lot more responsibility and a LOT more training. I have been working very long hours getting in-store training, and on Sunday I leave for Atlanta, GA for the next 3 weeks to officially get my repair certification! Unfortunately this means I will probably have to drag some of my fellow coworkers at training to go see Episode I in 3D, since I won't be able to see it with everyone at home. :(

And thirdly, (and I think of all of this what I am most excited about) - I have lost 21 pounds since November! I have been putting in a lot of hours at the gym and counting calories and it's really paying off - I'm so excited I just had to share with everyone!

2. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    Glad to hear of all your success. Hope you have some free time in Atlanta. Best of luck.

Kthleen

3. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Sounds like you've been a busy girl. Good luck with your new job.

4. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Congratulations and good luck with everything Jess! Thanks for the update.

5. chewbaccachris34

chewbaccachris34 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2010
    Good luck Jess!

6. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Great news, Jess. Hope when you get back in town, we'll see a bit more of you.

7. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    That's the plan! Once I get my certification, things settle down and they back off the training, so my life won't be APPLEAPPLEAPPLESLEEPAPPLE all the time :)