main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

An update to the "Star Wars Action Figure Archive" (1998 ; author - S. Sans.) is long overdue

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    For collectors of the SW toys, there aren't a lot of books out there that focus specificially on the figures without being straight-out price guides. One such book was the superb "Star Wars Action Figure Archive" (1998), co-authored by SW guru S. Sans. For those who are unfamiliar with this book, it had pictures, descriptions, and anecdotes of the SW figures (12" and 3 3/4) from the first line in 1977/1978 through the figures that came out in the POTF2 up to the beginning of 1998.

It would be great to see a modern update to this book, since the SW line of figures (both 12" and 3 3/4) has increased exponentially since '98. A monster-sized book (along the lines of the Star Wars Vault or the "SW Chronicles") combining the 1998 SW Archive book, and also including all of the SW figure lines in there (through 2007/2008) would be excellent.

Of course, I realize such a book would be expensive and huge, but if done right, this would be worth it.

Who else would like to see a book like this? Just curious.

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yup, I'd certainly like a Part 2, continuing where the other one left off (the EU wave iirc). A combined part 1 and 2 would be too big I think - certainly if they were to continue at the same excellent standard.

So, basically, yes please :)

3. urbnns

urbnns Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    I'd like to see it!

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    And I'd like to see him update the Star Wars encyclopedia too while he's at it!

5. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Maybe he can update the script to Attack of the Clones while he's at it. That Anakin/Padme dialogue...[face_sick]

6. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I like the idea of a sequel to the original book, and a reprinting of the original book. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.