main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ana Tathis

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Eyrezer, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Can anyone give me any info about this character? SHe is from a WEG publication, NR era, I think...

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    She's from WEG's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2nd Edition, Revised & Expanded core rulebook.

She has dark brown hair and wears a blue jumpsuit/poncho-type thing. Her lightsaver is red, and its hilt looks a lot like Anakin's or Vader's. Her master was "Lady Caryn," [who I secretly suspect to be the Dark Woman because of the "vast tropical gardens" and sudden leaving] a Force user who began Ana's training at 16 or 17 years old. Caryn trained her in the Force, using gardening and labors as exercises. One day, Caryn told her that she had taught Ana all she could, and bid her farewell.

I've heard that Ana is the name of Alex Winger's mother in the Adventure Journal stories, so that might be her also.

:)

3. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Thanks Rogue_Follower. Are there any clues as to what era or year this stuff occurs?

4. Gen_Blackjack_Logan

Gen_Blackjack_Logan Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Uh, the character is female.

5. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
  6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Are there any clues as to what era or year this stuff occurs?

At least one. The Star Wars Roleplaying Game Second Edition, Revised and Expanded, published by West End Games, Chapter 9: The Force, page 136:

I' Ana Tathis, one of the few who have taken up the way of the Force. My studies of the Jedi make me a criminal in the eyes of the Empire.

That would seem to suggest that Ana began her training after the Empire was firmly in power, perhaps during or after the Purge.

7. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    thanks Knight! not to much to go on.

8. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    There's really not much on Ana to begin with. Chapter 9 is really to familarize GMs and players with the Force, learning to use the Force, the dark side, and Force powers. Ana seems to have been created mearly to host the chapter and her story would fill maybe a page and a half of a paperback novel at best. Most of the characters used in hosting the book I haven't heard of appearing outside of WEG material. General Cracken is about the only one I've seen elsewhere. Although Platt Okeefe may have been in one of the short stories from the AJ that made it into either Tales from the Empire or Tales from the New Republic. I've yet to see anything on the human bounty hunter Tirog outside of the book, or Imperial Customs Inspector Jax Lerrian, or Alliance fighter pilot Evinn Dastt, or Ana. The other characters who act as hosts in the book at least appear in other WEG sources.

9. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Caryn told her that she had taught Ana all she could, and bid her farewell.

That DOES sound like Dark Woman behavior doesn't it--that whole, I've done my part, so long forever mentality?

As for Okeefe, she did appear in a Galaxy of Fear novella.

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Never read that series. Saw a few of the books once in a bookstore and I thought "Oh my god, just what we needed. A freakin' Star Wars children's horror series." Though it is nice to know that that's at least two characters from the book who have appeared outside WEG material.

11. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    A Star Wars children's horror series? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Well, I'd never heard about that before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.