main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anaakin Skywalker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    No, I did not spell the title of this thread wrong! :)

The clone of Luke Skywalker, named Luuke Skywalker, was cloned from genetic
    material of Luke's hand that was severed by Darth Vader in their duel in
    Cloud City. There was a short story in the old Star Wars Galaxy
    magazine, I think called something like "The Trophy", Vader presents to
    Palpatine the severed hand, and Luke's lightsaber.

Could a similar story be written, where a clone is made of Anakin, called
    Anaakin Skywalker, who is created from the genetic material of the arm that
    is severed by Count Dooku? Star Wars stories are told in recurring
    symphonic themes, and I think that this could be an interesting continuation
    of that.

What do you think?

2. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    unless Anakin's arm was preserved right from the time it was cut off all those years ago, until Anakin's death... or whenever you want the cloning to take place, it wouldn't be possible, because dead tissue would decompose and wouldn't be usable.

3. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'd never thought of that! I think that would be a good idea, if they kept a lot of the themes similar.

There is a lot of movement in a story where Anakin could be looking at himself and looking into his own character.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    What was The Trophy about? Was it any good?

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    It was a brief short story (you can find the summary in Timetales), pretty good, as it explained in more detail how the clone of Luke came about.

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    I'll take a peek.

7. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    Hey Gatherer

Is that the same clone that Mara killed in TTT ? Is it cannon. I think that this is a unique idea but too EU for GL. Can you imagine the movie people's reaction to that ?

8. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Here it is. I've finally found it from Timetales.

Darth Vader arrives at the Emperor?s fortress of Mount Tantiss, showing new fear in the impending audience of his master after the failure with his encounter with Luke Skywalker. The Dark Lord has been summoned to Wayland ? far from the prying eyes of the Core Worlds ? to present the trophy of his battle with young Skywalker. Two Noghri, Kovrekhar and his clan ? brother Ghazak had located the trophy and helped Vader recover it. While the Dark Lord rushed back to his Super Star Destroyer to await the young Jedi?s capture, the Noghri combed the depths of Cloud City for what had once belonged to Skywalker. The Noghri honour guard discovered it with a horde of Ugnaughts in one of the mining facilities deeper smelting cores. The crude beasts were going to discard the flesh and melt the shaft of metal into scrap. Vader had ?discouraged? them from doing so and took possession of the items himself.

Vader marches into a waiting turbolift, holding the transport box. The Emperor commands the following Noghri to leave their presence as Vader kneels before his master. Vader and the Emperor discuss Luke Skywalker and his growing powers. Vader hands the box to a Royal Guard, who places it in the Emperor?s waiting grasp. Palpatine opens it, revealing a hand and a Jedi?s lightsaber. Both are Luke?s. ?These will have a place of honour in my personal collection? the Emperor muses, entranced by the intricacies of the dead flesh and the well worn lightsaber. The Emperor dismisses Vader. In addition to overseeing the Emperor?s new construction project, Vader has pressing matters to take up with a powerful ? and potentially dangerous ? Falleen prince named Xizor. There will be plenty of time later to deal with Luke Skywalker . . .

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    An interesting idea, and theory Gath!

When I first saw this thread title, I instantly thought about the possibility of Anaakin's clone on a certain Rogue Planet featuring in a certain upcoming novel..

Oh, the possibilities!

10. Alderaanian_Jedi

Alderaanian_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2002
    Please no! There is enough cloning in SW already!

11. mmirales

mmirales Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Ehh...I don't think that would be a good idea because you would have to worry about another Darth Vader. And maybe he would be a totally different person like C'boath...he would be the same ol'e Anakin..

12. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Thanks for the information about the story - I KNEW there was a story out there but I forgot the name of it.

13. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    No more cloning! Come up with new heroes and villians, not carbon copies of the same old ones. Let authors use their brains to develop entirely new characters rather than cloning dead characters.

14. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Been there, done that. One Anakin is enough. Besides, I wasn't too fond of the idea of Luuke either.

15. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Funny, since the "The Last Command"-Sourcebook by WEG tells a different story how Vader got hold of Lukes hand.

About the clone-issue, i think Alan Dean Foster speculated in the early eighties of the last century, that Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker were both clones of the original Anakin Skywalker and the while the growth of the DV-Clone was accelerated, Luke was allowed to grow normal. Reason for this was, that the Jedi wanted to replace their losses during the clone-wars, but the DV-Clone went berserk.

Now what, if Anakin Skywalker really dies in Ep.III and Darth Vader is just a clone created by Skywalkers lost arm?

16. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Fteik, you'll notice that this happens alot, WEG had a version of how boba fett got out of the sarlacc, yet another version was written in Tales from jabba's palace book.

Galaxy magazine #6, worked to fix the various descrepencies for instance by saying that boba fett fell into the sarlacc more than once, and it refrenced Jawas of doom into boba fett's history.

The version of the story of Ulic Qel Droma in Dark Empire sourcebook, and dark empire comics isn't quite the version told in the TOTJ comics, though later sources IIRC, reinterpeted versions of that story from a "CPOV" of how it could still fit.

Another sourcebook, told a different story of how obi-wan's lightsaber was found after battle of endor, but JJK told yet another story of how it was found by hero characters. Since both stories happen at two different points in time, the only explaination is that the lightsaber ended up back in the hands of the imperials.

As for the hand issue, IIRC, it was fixed by a throwaway line in one of the recent sourcebooks something about how the hand was found lost, and then found again before it was cloned, but don't quote me.

3 versions of how he skipped the parsecs, all 3 fit into a ask jedi council question that confirmed that all 3 were right.

More than one version of losing jabba's spice? They have all be strung together in EU continuit fixes in various sources.

More than one on Bounty hunter on ord mantell? All different stories have been included in the complete history according to various sources.

17. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Funny, since the "The Last Command"-Sourcebook by WEG tells a different story how Vader got hold of Lukes hand.

What does the Sourcebook say?

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Can anyone please fill me in?

19. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Can someone please help me out with the reference from the Last Command Sourcebook?

Unfortunately, that was the only sourcebook that I couldn't find / purchase for the Hand of Thrawn trilogy.

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think that Dooku could do that. He left the arm behind when he escaped. I image that the Jedi disposed of it.

Who wrote the trophy? Is it online anywhere?

21. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    BTW, it's called "The Emperor's Trophy"

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
  23. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Fteik...
    "Funny, since the "The Last Command"-Sourcebook by WEG tells a different story how Vader got hold of Lukes hand."

I find your lack of faith disturbing. ;)

You are wrong. So much so, that it begs the question of whether you've even read both "the Emperor's Trophy," a story which takes place at the time of Vader's meeting with the Emperor and recounts the actual Cloud City reclamation and "Clone B-2332-54," which is the actual story of Vader reclaiming Luke's hand and lightsaber from the Ugnaughts.

The line which ties the two stories together is contained in the later story, the Emperor's Trophy:
      "Vader returned to Bespin to personally retrieve the Emperor's prize... discovered it with a horde of Ugnaughts in one of the mining facility's deeper smelting cores. The crude beasts were going to discard the flesh and melt the shaft of metal into scrap. Vader had "discouraged" them from doing so and took possession of the items himself..."
      (SWGM11)
    And of course, the story, "Clone B-2332-54" contained in the Last Command Sourcebook contains the actual story of Vader "discouraging" the Ugnaughts from destroying the items.

Given that the SWGM story was written by Peter Schweighofer as a WEG SWRPG article and that this same person was also WEG's editor for The Last Command Sourcebook where "Clone B-2332-54" appeared, your belief that the two stories recount different events is incorrect.

Despite the fact that you may or may not think there are continuity inaccuries which may exist, there is no such contradiction between SWGM and the Last Command Sourcebook.

In fact, it is quite the opposite. The relationship between the two are an example of the power of a tight continuity where earlier events are referenced in later works.

The Last Command Sourcebook contained the original story of Vader reclaiming Luke's hand and saber and SWGM expanded upon it as Vader delivered them to Palpatine.

24. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    The thread title made me interested, but now all I really want to do is get around to purchasing those Zahn trilogy sourcebooks...

However, it looks like finding a copy of Emperor's Trophy is next to nil, which irritates me, being a quasi-Zahn completist.

25. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    With everything that would happen to Anakin over the years to come, I don't think that they'd have to rely on his lost arm. Also, the question begs to be asked as to whether or not the Jedi and clone forces reclaimed the arm or left it behind when they left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.