main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Anaheim Comic Con April 29th, 30th, + May 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    As your tireless leader (ME), I've been working hard behind the scenes to give the IEFF even more fabulous community involvement and face time with the public! What could I be doing for the IEFF, as you do so much for the group as it is you ask? [face_laugh]

I've been in contact with the powers that be at Wizard World (Comic Con) for the past month or so and I got it to where we're being invited to be a part of this event and here's the best part -----> IT'S FREE TO US!!![face_dancing]

We're not paying for a table which was $100 last year. We're given 4 comp entry tickets to which I'm asking for a few more. If we can only get the 4, we'll have to swap them out as new table shifts arrive. I figure once you're in along with our badges, we should be fine.

So we need to have enough folks to want to do this for us to go. Click the site for comic con and see if you'd like to attend. We'll be doing a head count / vote at our next meeting on March 27th. This is gonna be a big one folks, so make sure to mark your calenders to attend the meeting as we'll be going over a junk load of topics for the upcoming several months! You don't want to miss it! :D

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-anaheim.html

2. RUjedi

RUjedi Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2006
    I should be able to help Saturday and Sunday

3. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I can help on Saturday

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    =D= Awesome! Lets see where this takes us as far as members wanting to do this and see where we end up. So far we've got:

Mike + Sheila
    Jessie + Natalie
    Ron

5. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I can definitely do Friday and possibly Saturday

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Awesome! We're getting there I think :D

Mike + Sheila
    Jessie + Natalie
    Ron
    Allen

7. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Iknow that Bill and I will be available on Saturday only and would still like to do this.

(I am so sorry for not posting on the forums the last minutes yet. I will try to do so in the next couple of days.)

8. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Ok bad news and good news first the bad news we won't be able to join everyone for the con.
    The great news is my sister and I have found each other after 35 years we knew of each other talk maybe twice in our life and she invited me over to meet her family on that weekend sorry guys.

9. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    I thought I posted but I must have been dreaming. I can make it Friday and Saturday morning. I will be leaving by 3pm. See you all there.

10. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Just asking if we are going to the convention? Just wanted to know.

Sorry I haven't posted the minutes yet. Had quite a few computer problems. I sure hope to do them soon. Will post them on the March meeting post.

11. CTCamrissian

CTCamrissian Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    I'm available Saturday until about 1ish for sure. Friday evening is kinda iffy for me.

12. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I am available Friday night and Saturday til around 2-3pm

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hi everyone, been an extremely busy last two weeks, as I'm frantically catchin' up on everything on the boards here. First thing is that I want to update everyone on where we're at with the Anaheim Comic Con as of now.

I sent in our packet for a table and confirmed with them we want to go. I emailed two weeks ago, as well as a week ago making sure they not only got it, but I wanted to know all the details I had asked them as to pass them along here. I called over to them today as well. I haven't heard back via email or by phone.

We're on the comic con website, but I'm trying to get info for all of us so that there's no confusion when we show up. That said, I'm going to call everyone on their list of contacts until I get a reply from anyone who can help. Being that we're a few days away and I havent heard back from anyone, I don't feel confortable having us drive there without confirmation on my requests / questions. If all goes well when I call on Tuesday morning, I'll post what I know and we'll be good. If not, I'll post that too. Either way, we'll know for sure whats up by Tuesday afternoon.

For now, here's the schedule and whose coming on what day and when. Any possibilty of anyone going on Sunday besides Ron? I don't want Ron to be the only person there at the table for two reasons (someone has to be at the table at all times per the con and Ron will need food / restroom breaks).

The Wifey + I won't be here so someone will have to set up and take down on Sunday. I'll meet up with you the following week to get all the stuff back. Remember folks this is free to you as far as admission. Show up at the table for a few hours and enjoy the rest of the con. Stay tuned for all the details I find out today.

FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2011 - 5pm - 9pm

Mike + Sheila (1 pm set up till 9pm)
    Allen (Evening?)

SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2011 - 10am - 7pm

Mike + Sheila (set up till 7pm)
    Bill + Sandy (time???)
    Jennifer ( morning till 3-ish)
    Allen (till 2-3pm)
    Caia (till 1-ish)
    Ron (time???)

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2011 - 10am - 5pm

Mike + Sheila (Will be out of town)
    Ron (time???)

14. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Just found out that Bill will be on vacation starting Sunday so we will be avalible for that day also. If you want we can bring home the stuff from the table that day.

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Okay it's official! I got final confirmation...We're in like Flynn!

The Good News:

We got 6 tickets to share, yea![face_dancing]

I'll pick them up when we get there. Call me when whoever shows up so that I can get you in like we do at LBCC. :)

Our booth# is 3213. When you get to the show, you can pick up program sheet that has the floor plan on it with where stuff is at. You can also go to wizardworld.com and get the floor map there. PLease Please Please be on time for whatever time you're showing up for so that all can enjoy the show.

The Bad News:

Unless we've at least two people working the table on Sunday, this isn't going to happen. I asked to see if we only did Friday and Saturday and they said that TWO people must be there. Also, someone will need to be there at 9am to set up and someone will have to take down which will have them there until 6pm by the time you get outta there. Obviously Saturday is going to taken care of as well as Friday. The wifey + I will be there all day for Fri & Sat setting up as well as taking down but Sun we're gone. So unless we've got some peoples at the table for Sunday, this isn't going to fly. If you can make it on Sunday, please post as well as call me so we can cordinate. :)

Mike + Sheila (1pm set up till 9pm)
    Allen (Evening?)
    Jennifer (Evening?)

Mike + Sheila (9am set up till 7pm)
    Bill + Sandy (time???)
    Jennifer ( morning till 3-ish)
    Allen (till 2-3pm)
    Caia (till 1-ish)
    Ron (time???)

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2011 - 10am - 5pm (this means 9am - 6pm for setup / take down)

Mike + Sheila (Will be out of town)
    Ron (time???)

16. RUjedi

RUjedi Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2006
    So if I understand you correctly if we can't work the whole weekend, we don't get the table.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    That is correct. Being that we're getting table and six tickets for FREE, we have to be there the whole time,(meaning our group, not each person). That's fair, as that's space / admission that could've gone to someone else. The fact that they only give out four tickets per fan table and I got them to give us six, is all the more reason we've got to be there.:D

It looks like we've got eight people that are attending as of now. It appears everyone will be there on Saturday which is good. Some of us will be there Friday as well. We've got to have someone be there at 9am Sunday to set up and open and someone to take down at 5pm as well. If we don't have Sunday secured after showing up on Fri & Sat, then I get charged the table space and the cost of the six tickets, so it's kinda important that we've got some folks that come out on Sunday too. :)

18. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Okay folks, this is important! The Wifey and I will not be able to attend the con this coming up weekend as we've got some very serious family business to attend to. I won't be available as of Thrusday afternoon. I repeat, We Will NOT be able to attend!:_|

This means that I won't be there to set up on Friday before the show.

This means that I need to give someone the Goods to set up our booth by Thursday for Friday before the show. Someone will have to get there by 2pm - 3pm at the very latest as it's gonna get busy. I was getting there at 1pm to be on the safe side.

This means that if we don't have anyone to set up / be there on Friday, as well as during opening ceremonies, we are as a group not going to be able to attend and I need to call over to the Con to let them know this so that I do not get charged for the six tickets and table space for the three days.

It is urgent that you fine folks of the IEFF please post whether you can make it on Friday so I can either call to the Con to get us out or give whoever the items needed to set up.

This also means that I need to have someone open / set up on Saturday at 9am and close at 7pm being that I wont be there to do so. We can still make this happen if we've some people who can make it. Time is of the essence here folks, so we have to know now if you can make it. Please post either way so I can do what I need to on my end.

19. CTCamrissian

CTCamrissian Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    It's official, I'll only be there on Saturday. Maybe until about 2. I'm sorry that I can't do Sunday, but there's no way around it.

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    =D= A big round of applause to Allen Jennifer Bill + Sandy for making it happen and saving the day! Thanks for doing what we needed too so that the Con is still on! We so wish we could've gone to be there but things are what they are. That said make sure to get lots of swag for your leader (me)![face_laugh]

It was great seeing you Allen and Jennifer today by the way, have fun and remember to text / call me to let me know you're in like Flynn at the Con!:D

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Here's the updated Schedule fo whose attending and when:

Allen (3pm set up till 9pm close)
    Jennifer (5pm - till 9pm close)

Jennifer (9:30am set up till 2-ish)
    Allen (9:30am set up till 2-ish)
    Bill + Sandy (10am-ish till 7pm close)
    Caia (11am till 2-ish)
    Ron (time???)

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2011 - 10am - 5pm

Bill + Sandy (9:30am till 5pm close)
    Ron (time???)

Please call Allen or Bill when you arrive inside the Con, so that they may meet you to give you your admission ID badges. Also, please wear your IEFF badges if you've got them. If you don't have one yet, you'll get one by our next event which is free comic book day a week from now. Be safe and fun everyone! Make sure to get me some swag and a few program guides thanks! We miss you all![:D] :) =D= [face_dancing]

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    [face_dancing] Today is the big day! Have fun everyone! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.