main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin and Obi vs. Dooku

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Morhs, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Morhs

Darth_Morhs Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Sorry if this one's already out there, but does anyone think if Anakin would have listened to Obi they could have defeated Dooku in the Hangar on Geonosis? If so, that could really have ended the Separtists and ta-da. But (ignoring the fact it would destroy the story) who do you think would win?

2. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    well considering Dooku held his own against them both in ROTS I think back in AOTC he still would have owned them

3. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Did Obi-Wan last longer in the ATOC duel or the ROTS duel?

4. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    No. It took a couple of years, experience and wisdom for Anakin to be able to beat
    Dooku.
    Obi Wan really had little to do with it. He was taken out twice, very quickly in ROTS.
    In fact, Obi Wan fared better against Dooku in AOTC on his own than with Anakin in ROTS.

5. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    They might have, if anakin didn't rush in and they both took him together they might have held on long enough till yoda came and den dooku would have been screwed. however they could never beat him alone(without yodas help) in aotc they were too inexperienced.

6. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, that's because Dooku was simply toying with Obi-Wan and mercilessly taunting him in AOTC for fun. He knew Obi-Wan has utterly no such chance of winning that duel.

7. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I don't know if obi-wan and anakin in episode 2 could've done much against dooku even if they did attack together. Dooku is on an entirely different level. In the AOTC fight, dooku really didn't use the force that much. He fried anakin in the begining of the fight, but he didn't use it as much as he did in the rots duel. I think if the booth attacked dooku together he would've been force pushing them all over the place.

8. MASTERANNIE

MASTERANNIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I'm afraid Anakin needed more practice...and Ob1
    o_O completely agreed

9. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    If they approached Dooku together don't you think Dooku still would have been able to throw his sith lightning, and hurl Anakin to the side incapciatating him. I could imagine Anakin being caught off gaurd like this or even Obi-Wan Kenobi.

10. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Yes thats a good point...i think either way in AOTC Dooku would have won

11. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    In the AOTC duel Anakin was not at his peak as a Jedi or a duelist, so I think either way Dooku still wins.

12. batkins182

batkins182 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 1, 2005
    Some of you probaly have already seen this but this fight scene (fan film) here explores what could of happen if Anakin didn't get fried at the very begginning.

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/fxprojects/alternateduel/index.asp

13. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    WOW, that movie rocked. :D

14. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    well considering Dooku held his own against them both in ROTS I think back in AOTC he still would have owned them

Yeah. Dooku held his own against both of them (easily), and it wasn't until Anakin was alone and got a chance to truly unleash taht he was defeated. So, no, I don't think Anakin and Obi-Wan could've defeated Dooku in AOTC, considering they barely did it in ROTS when they both had about 3 years to get better and more powerful.

15. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I think the outcome in AOTC would have been the same. Dooku would have used the same tactics in rOTS such as picking up either Anakin or Obi-Wan with the Force, Force choking one, and hurling him so that he could focus on the other but either way Dooku would have prevailed in AOTC.

16. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    He did do that, in a way. He fried Anakin and focused on Obi-Wan in AOTC. In ROTS he force-threw Obi-Wan and focused on Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.