Anakin and Tahiri

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Naboo Queen, Nov 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    I have yet to read Star By Star and it will be while before I can get to it. I already know the "spoiler," but are there any other details that anyone would be willing to share about these two?
  2. Dominyo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not much happens between 'em before you know what. They didn't really have much time......
  3. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the book does very little to develop that relationship. One of the aspects I didn't like about SbS, as a matter of fact. The romance never really mattered. That's assuming that he IS in fact, dead.

JMA
  4. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    one thing i noticed was that Tahiri and Anakin were very close, though. they were always near each other, and there was another Twi'lek that had Tahiri on edge because she always tried to be next to anakin too...i thought that was amusing...

btw, add a spoilers warning in your title pronto.
  5. Dominyo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish they had developed the Tahiri vs Alema storyline more :D
  6. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maybe they will after Anakin comes back...;)
  7. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the replies! The potential romance between the two was the most promising thing in the NJO. That's why I can't believe they killed him!
  8. Ganner_Rhysode_86 Jedi Padawan

Everyone dies sometime. I thought Denning did a good job of killing him. It was respectful and awsome. :)
  9. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin, at least in the matter of Tahiri...IS ABSOLUTELY BRAIN DEAD. I mean, at some point, something is mentioned like..."anakin wondered why Tahiri always scowled whenever he agreed with anything that Alema said..." and that relationship, i thought as well, was really underdeveloped. The only sad thing was the end..."kiss tahiri for me." man oh man...poor tahiri. What do you think will happen to her?
  10. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well, c'mon, I think this is just dumb. The boy waited to get with her - what, five years? First day at the Jedi academny I woulda made my move, yo.

Oh, anyway, on the actual point of the thread - I'm sorry to say that I think they're going to make Tahiri go bye bye. Yep, without her other half, she's expendable... which really sucks, 'cause she had more potential than most people give her credit for. Her AND Anakin. I really didn't dislike thet last duology, partially because it had their little romance in it - you know, that kind of bumbling innocence that makes you say "aaw," a lot. It was fun while it lasted, wasn't it?
  11. LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it would be tight if Tahiri makes it through and turns out to be a great leader or something. Probably won't happen though.
  12. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
  13. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was reading some Fan-fic the other day, and it was set about 2 years after SbS, and Anakin had only been captured, hadn't died, and he'd escaped, and he and Tahiri were getting married and, and, an.......*SOB!!!!!*:_|
  14. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Where is it, man? I'm feeling sentimental! PM ME RIGHT AWAY! no, screw that, I'll PM you! Get back here...!
  15. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    This fic I must read! God, it's so hard finding Anakin/Tahiri fics! They just HAD to go kill ANAKIN, didn't they, those meanies.... :mad:
  16. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Seriously though, when it came to Tahiri in Star by Star, Anakin missed just about every signal.
  17. GoldenVeila Jedi Master

star 4
    "Kiss Tahiri for me"... :_| oh my gosh..don't make me cry again..that was close...ahhhhhhh! *loses it*
  18. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    He did miss some signals, but Denning just didn't have time with everything else going on to show them and their relationship. Anakin and Tahiri WERE always near each other, and their relationship was strong. I wish he'd shown us some more, but I guess that'd have just made it sadder.

BTW, the fan-fic is "When comes the dawn." You could probably find it by going to the fan fic section. I found it surfing around and checking out a few peoples recent posts in their profiles. It is written by Qui-xux, I think, and really captures their characters.
  19. Tsavong_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

Well, Anni dies and Tahiri seems to be in denial by talking to his dead body and all.
  20. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hey, we have open casket funerals here on Earth, why not there, too? She's just doing the same thing. Not crazy, just sad. It's okay to talk to the dead you love.
  21. Thejedikiller Jedi Master

star 3
    I do have to admit I missed the whole Tahiri/Anakin interaction that was in Conquest and Rebirth, however that was what those two books were for. They were to bring them together and get people really liking them as a team. What they became was what Luke and Mara wre to the Bantam line. They kept the readers wondering how long it was going to take before they finally got together.

It is upsetting that Tahiri and Anakin will never have what L/M have now. we do know though that they loved each other very strongly even id Anakin didn't say it all the time.
  22. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    -Sniff-... -Sniff-...
    HE'S RIGHT! I've never read it in such straightforward terms... I'm going to cry!
    :_|
    I really am crying!
    You don't know what it's like to never tell someone you love them and then move awa- um, I mean, die!
  23. Holom Jedi Padawan

Like jedikiller said, Conquest and Rebirth were to bring the two together. Thats great in one way, but then they had to go kill Anakin, which was really cheap in my view of things. The two were so nice together...maybe Del Rey was trying to go for that classic tragedy: Lovers find each other, then one of them dies. They succeeded if that was their plan.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    They shouldn't have killed Anakin.

Anakin and Tahiri's relationship was one of, or the only, bright point in the NJO.
  25. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    I know, really ::extremely annoyed:: You'd figure that if they spent the last two books talking about their relationship, that they'd let it actually play out! Somethings really don't add up in Anakin's death, and it's just bugging me! I mean, I liked Denning's writing, but the fact that Anakin dies is out of place, unless they actually plan to do more with it, like resurrection. Although it makes sense on some level--everyone's been telling him, yada yada, there are still quirks to his death that just don't make it right! :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.